Game Chat (Request) Thread

+

Game Chat (Request) Thread

• Total voters
c'mon people they can't use it for the wrong reason if u mute, reporting and regulating is in necessary as you shouldn't be able to complain about someone cursing or being salty or trolling once then being muted, seriously you're playing a game with detailed drawings of people being burned alive, stabbed in the face, sexual suggestive stuff, not to mention the witcher series need I go on. I thought we weeded those politically correct squares out just by the witcher series existing. ya let's show you doing it with women in brothels and naked women everywhere but I can't swear in the forums lol.

roundert;n7868840 said:
c'mon people they can't use it for the wrong reason if u mute, reporting and regulating is in necessary as you shouldn't be able to complain about someone cursing or being salty or trolling once then being muted, seriously you're playing a game with detailed drawings of people being burned alive, stabbed in the face, sexual suggestive stuff, not to mention the witcher series need I go on. I thought we weeded those politically correct squares out just by the witcher series existing. ya let's show you doing it with women in brothels and naked women everywhere but I can't swear in the forums lol.

There's nothing about consensual sex that's not politically correct. People who believe in being sensibly politically correct can enjoy both this game and the Witcher series. This statement assumes too much about too many people.

Also, the in-game chat idea would be a menace for the Devs, when you consider that this is a cross platform game. You want me to make you wait to play a card while I hammer out a reply to you with an XBox controller? You'll be there all day.

I seriously doubt that any significant portion of the in-game chat would be positive or constructive. But I do sometimes wish I could send a message after the game is over. Something more personalized than the "GG"

frbfree;n7868980 said:
There's nothing about consensual sex that's not politically correct. People who believe in being sensibly politically correct can enjoy both this game and the Witcher series. This statement assumes too much about too many people.

Also, the in-game chat idea would be a menace for the Devs, when you consider that this is a cross platform game. You want me to make you wait to play a card while I hammer out a reply to you with an XBox controller? You'll be there all day.

Well books are well known for cursing and everything politically incorrect yet so many people here cry out "muh feelings".

Menace for devs ? At first they can make it only for interactions between PC users and later add up for consoles if that is the issue but it is stupid that we don't get it because you chose to use xbox.
Just as we don't deserve to have cramped interface because it is cross platform there is no excuse for that.

lomvicmarko;n7869540 said:
Menace for devs ? At first they can make it only for interactions between PC users and later add up for consoles if that is the issue but it is stupid that we don't get it because you chose to use xbox.
Just as we don't deserve to have cramped interface because it is cross platform there is no excuse for that.

Change your player name to your AOL account name, and fire up your AIM. Jeeze, man.

I play on xbox, so if they had to make it so only xbox platforms could talk to other Xboxes that would be fine at least half the chat, already has built in mic capabilities.

I really wish ingame chat will be implanted,

it was the first thing that i noticed when i started playing and it still annoys me.
Not to be able to tell the other person, what nice and suprising moves they made and to write post-game what went well or wrong.
I feel it gives the game something more personal.
just to interact with the person you´re playing against makes the game more enjoyable.
After a while it just feel like you´re playing against an AI with diffrent Decks; you play your dailys to get new kregs and thats it.
Each game will not be worth remebering apart from the diffrent play styles.
I think it´s better to see reactions in opponents when i make good plays, without chat it just feel like talking to myself.

It´s something every game has, make options to disable/ mute/ block or whatever but i think a chat is one of the basics in every game
and the risk that salty people will ruin the game is not really given.
yeah sure when you are playing multyplayer online games like league of legend you need somewhat minimal cumminication to win and sure it transformed into something really salty that makes playing the game not more fun. but you dont need to rely on other people to win, when you lose it´s your own fault and if sombody doesnt accept that just block them.
they have no power in these kind of games you dont have to talk to people but to be given the option to do it anyway is something wonderfull.
but if your still not convinced then why do we have facebook or twitter or even a comment section in youtube, if talking to people is just generally a "bad" thing why do we still have all these functions in ervery online game there is?

People just like to communicate

Chat option might be nice for friend matches where you already know your opponent, but for others, imo, thanks but no thanks.

I like the anonymity and the randomness of my opponents (though this later one needs more work). No need to clutter and slow down the game process with an effort of interpersonal communications.

It will complicate things. Look what happens with the GG, basically an optional, one-button interaction. Questions abound in the forum. Should we gg? Should we not? When is it ok to/not to gg? My opponent did not gg, doesn't s/he love me?

Even if the chat is optional to turn on/off, and "reduced" as in Microsoft backgammon, the afore mentioned phenomenon of the GG would still repeat.

In this case, let's K.I.S.S, people.

Last edited:
More communication is definitely needed in this game. More friend list-related stuff, even if its just an option to add the last played person and then talk to them would be nice, but I'd rather have an end-game lobby option, where you can either talk to the guy you just played or instantly leave and go on to the next game. Sometimes you want to ask for decklists, discuss amazing plays or even tell them off for playing boring net decks (perhaps that could be BM, but if you play top-ranked decks in casual you deserve it). The entire thing becomes optional (you can move on to the the next game easily and quickly), and its slightly more involved than just refusing to GG which is the only option you have now.

As I said in one of my own posts in this section of the forum, we just need an emote system for during-gameplay. We don't need to be able to text type to the other player during a game, but like hearthstone, you need to be able to with friends.. which i guess you can do with the overlay thing, but that's a very poor experience.

y
Lantea;n7760340 said:
No thanks, waste of devs resources, and don't need to see little kids rage quit each time you beat them.

you wouldn't see them do anything, how would it be any different than someone forfeiting?

Rawls;n7819160 said:
I hope they don't do an in-game chat. My preference is to play the game when I'm playing it. Not chat about it. If I want to chat about Gwent, there are plenty of places to do so. So from a selfish standpoint I see no upside to the mechanic (though I recognize and respect that this is a preference that others disagree with).

Also, it definitely can be and will be abused. Yes you could create an option to not participate in the chat, but there's still going to be lots of incidents of harassment. People who harass others are going to push away people from playing. I want a large player pool. More players = more opponents = more fun.

Furthermore, I'd rather CDPR devs focus time and resources on making the game better than sorting through reports of abusive players. They would have to create some system to report abusive users. There is an opportunity cost associated with with having to monitor reports of abuse. They can't just have a computer automatically ban players who are reported for abuse - someone will have to look into the claims and see if it really is an issue. Do they create an algorithm that sees so many reports = instaban? Do they hire people to actually look into it? Do they have to keep records of all the chats on their servers to be able to verify complaints? Do they have to be some appeal system of bans? The bottom line is that means resources will have to be spent creating a system to monitor the chats and manually going through at least some of the reports of abuse. That's time and/or resources that are taken away from looking into bugs, improving balance, creating new cards, factions, SP campaigns, etc. I vote no.

wtf are you guys talking about, if you disable their name on chat, they cannot chat to you, how is this moderation required?

Geneticeye;n7819120 said:
I hope there will never be a chat for Gwent ingame. But for those who cant live without a chat feature try and talk to the gwent tracker devs - they could add a chat option into their 3rd-party program. I would be fine with that ;)

what if it was like a part of the end game at least, where you could stay after xp was given or leave the screen. so if you want you can discuss how the game went or friend invite to play later.

Last edited by a moderator:
[Suggestion] In-Game Voice Chat

I think that being able to talk to your opponent would be a lot of fun. It could add more intensity, competitiveness, as well as sportsmanship to the game. Emotes seem really impersonal, talking to your opponent makes it feel like you're playing a human being, not a bot. There should obviously be an option to disable voice chat, but altogether I think that being able to communicate with your opponent would bring an overall positive experience. Any thoughts?

Top Bottom