Game Chat (Request) Thread

+

Game Chat (Request) Thread

• Total voters
Needs Communication

Hearthstone and this need some type of chat during games. I don't see why they don't have a chat system when you play someone.

Zer033x;n8922880 said:
I don't see why they don't have a chat system when you play someone.
Oh no you do not want that. I praise CDPR for the absence of chat as those impatient little kids will just spam you with offensive language. I like the way it is now.
Probably I can accept the chat if they provide an option to mute it. That's an option.

Once full release happens and we can play friends on playstation (any word on that by the way?)
It will be fun to have a party up in chat.

but random players...umm no thanks

I get annoyed with the current system sometimes with guys that WONT SHUT UP for everything.

So, please, no.

Have to admit it is childish to assume this is bad, if you really are that sensitive and afraid of running into raging, frothing, laughable trolls then I am certain they can implement an auto block chat mode for you. So they can never message you to begin with.

For the mature players, it would be a very beneficial way to contact players who actually play innovative decks and brainstorm with them.

Bassario;n8924660 said:
Have to admit it is childish to assume this is bad, if you really are that sensitive and afraid of running into raging, frothing, laughable trolls then I am certain they can implement an auto block chat mode for you. So they can never message you to begin with.

For the mature players, it would be a very beneficial way to contact players who actually play innovative decks and brainstorm with them.

You can already do that through GoG by going to chat and pressing + and write name of player. There are also discord etc groups for Gwent players to join into. There is simply no reason to include chat.

MrRagdoll;n8924890 said:
You can already do that through GoG by going to chat and pressing + and write name of player. There are also discord etc groups for Gwent players to join into. There is simply no reason to include chat.

This is completely illogical, think again. An in game chat would be immediately accessible without any faffing about, minimizing or clicking anywhere. Once again, it would only be one button push ONE time for the sensitive snowflakes fearing the flamers.

I'd have to side with the pro-in-game chat on this one, it'd be easy enough to have an opt-in/out system. While the character emotes are enough to resemble a conversation, it's hard to express how you messed up or how impressive the opponents move was.

It'd also be important to show whether or not your opponent has the chat enabled, so folks don't rage trying to communicate with the other player when they aren't even seeing the messages.

Probably a language indicator of some sort would also smooth out some kinks

I always found it funny that hearthstone doesn't have it. The game is based on sitting around a hearth in a tavern and playing like it's supposed to be social yet you might as well be playing vs cup.

chat in Gwent would be good. These types of games are meant to be chill out social games but only way to communicate about a game you play or card or combo or rng is thru friend req that no one even uses in g.o.g galaxy.

I think its is time to revisit this topic now that we have played around with these predefined massages. Massages are totally useless and nobody is using it.

Social aspect of game is lacking to a point where I interact more withe people here on forum then in game and that is weird.
Having ways to communicate with opponents and community in game would be make me as a player more happy then any feature that can be added to the game. I wonder if devs even considered this.

Last edited:
Adding chat will add mechanic of bluffing as well. I do not know how this will look like but saying that his row is vulnerable to Gigni could play on his nerves af. Even if you dont have one.

Halfway through a match stunts will ask if you want pics of his pee pee. You can't buy memories like that. We need it ASAP.

Rawls;n7819160 said:
I hope they don't do an in-game chat. My preference is to play the game when I'm playing it. Not chat about it. If I want to chat about Gwent, there are plenty of places to do so. So from a selfish standpoint I see no upside to the mechanic (though I recognize and respect that this is a preference that others disagree with).

Also, it definitely can be and will be abused. Yes you could create an option to not participate in the chat, but there's still going to be lots of incidents of harassment. People who harass others are going to push away people from playing. I want a large player pool. More players = more opponents = more fun.

Furthermore, I'd rather CDPR devs focus time and resources on making the game better than sorting through reports of abusive players. They would have to create some system to report abusive users. There is an opportunity cost associated with with having to monitor reports of abuse. They can't just have a computer automatically ban players who are reported for abuse - someone will have to look into the claims and see if it really is an issue. Do they create an algorithm that sees so many reports = instaban? Do they hire people to actually look into it? Do they have to keep records of all the chats on their servers to be able to verify complaints? Do they have to be some appeal system of bans? The bottom line is that means resources will have to be spent creating a system to monitor the chats and manually going through at least some of the reports of abuse. That's time and/or resources that are taken away from looking into bugs, improving balance, creating new cards, factions, SP campaigns, etc. I vote no.

I completely agree, If there is to be any form of communication between players, it should remain controlled, perhaps with a larger variety of comments available to users. At the moment, the game is clean and enjoyable. I'd hate to see it become a dirty drama, conflict momma like facebook and kabam games. Gwent is about single-player strategy. It isn't an mmo where communication can effect outcome of a mission or goal. During professional card games and board games, silence between players is considered mandatory. Turns in gwent are rightfully timed and communication is best left at pre-determined comments, selectable in a quick and timely fashion. I wouldn't mind a chat option after each battle in the rewards section though. At least then, you have the option to discuss or not and it doesn't cause a distraction. However, GOG offers chat capabilities with friends in-game. Isn't that enough?

Last edited:
If you want it to remain like that you just turn it off, why us who want it have to suffer because you don't want us to talk. Your argument is weak at best.

In other CCGs that I played that supported chat function I met friends first day of playing and had lots of memories as stuns jokingly said, but its true.
In Gwent 5 months down and my friend list is empty. Sure it is not team game but it is online game and interaction is just as important to some of us.

Gog chat capabilities ? are you kidding :rly?:

Top Bottom