Game Freeze in Hunting a Witch

+
Game Freeze in Hunting a Witch

The game freezes in the mission Hunting a Witch

After she leaves the bath and dress clothes the screen freezes in the first line ... Basically the conversation continues however the frozen screen on the first line.

Version 1.4

help?
somebody else with the same problem?

+1 bump.
I am having the same exact issue withe the same 1.04 version.
This is my second play through and this time I directly went to witch's house without first going to Midscope and asking about her.

I solved it by uninstalling Rivatuner Statistics Server. Do you also have the latest 353 Nvidia drivers? Possibly an incompatibility between them. Too bad, as RTSS' frame limiting was much better than Witcher's internal one.

I solved it by uninstalling Rivatuner Statistics Server. Do you also have the latest 353 Nvidia drivers? Possibly an incompatibility between them. Too bad, as RTSS' frame limiting was much better than Witcher's internal one.
I do have have RTSS installed as part of MSI Afterburner and I am currently running 353.06 drivers.
But I get the issue even when I am not running Rivatuner. Shouldn't not starting RTSS resolve the issue, just like uninstalling does.
I am new to the RTSS (was using fraps before, shifted to this to show temp as well), so I don't know everything about the tool.
But I do believed RTSS does not have any always running background service.

In theory shutting it down should be the same, but I tried and it still crashed, only removing it worked.

In theory shutting it down should be the same, but I tried and it still crashed, only removing it worked.
Ok so uninstalling didn't work either. Restarted the system as well after uninstallation. Must be something else.

---------- Updated at 07:04 PM ----------

After the RTSS solution didn't work, I reinstalled it and noticed it was installing DirectX as well.
So, I went to my installation directory for TW3 "GOG\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\__redist" and ran the CDPR provided DirectX installer.
And the game is now fixed. Must be some other thing in my system which overwrote over CDPR's DirectX copy.
Hope this helps.

Hello All,
I'm having the same issue. As soon as she gets out of the tub and it transitions to the cutscene, the game graphics freeze but the audio continues.
What interesting is that I can still select dialog choices. I obviously cant see what they are, but 1 - 3 has dialog and 4 says farewell. After
Geralt says farewell the game crashes. By crashing I mean that it shuts itself down.

Steam version on Witcher 3 v.1.04
Nvidia drivers v.353.06
Game settings are low for everything.

I am gaming on a laptop with the following features:
Windows 8.1 64-bit
Toshiba Satellite S55-A
Intel(R) Core i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Ram 6 GB
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Nvidia GeForce GT 740M

I have implemented the recommended settings in the Nvidia Control Panel from the "Tweaks and Fixes" stickied thread
:gathering::gathering:

---------- Updated at 10:56 PM ----------

Ok guys,
After a few tweaks and a few resets, I got the quest to work.
Here are the tweeks that I used from the " A compendium of tweaks and fixes for the PC version "sticky thread.

0c. Updating your GPU drivers to the latest available versions
2. Prevent the game from crashing
3. Eliminate mouse acceleration in-game
5. Tweak your GPU Control Panel settings for maximum performance and visual fidelity
For added in-game performance:
6. Fix poor framerate and crashes with NVIDIA GPUs by disabling the NVIDIA Streamer Service

8. Set your maximum pre-rendered frames to "1" for increased gameplay smoothness
9. Set the "Witcher3.exe" process to "High Priority" in Task Manager to win some extra frames-per-second

That's it. But like a noob, I did all the changes at once. So, I dont know which tweet fixed the problem.
After you perform the tweaks, conduct a full reboot of your system.

Good Luck.

BUMP +1. This is annoying as hell! I'm having the EXACT same problem where, right after the Witch gets dressed and Gerald speaks the line of dialog, the video freezes, the game goes "NOT RESPONDING" and the music but not dialog continue. In the Windows 7 64-bit event viewer, application log, it states, "Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 6/2/2015 9:07:39 PM
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: LMSTCT665
Description:
The program witcher3.exe version 3.0.4.51705 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.
Process ID: 19fc
Start Time: 01d09d9951769a56
Termination Time: 36
Application Path: D:\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\witcher3.exe
Report Id:

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Application Hang" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">1002</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>101</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-06-03T01:07:39.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>19516</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>LMSTCT665</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>witcher3.exe</Data>
<Data>3.0.4.51705</Data>
<Data>19fc</Data>
<Data>01d09d9951769a56</Data>
<Data>36</Data>
<Data>D:\Games\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\x64\witcher3.exe</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>"
NONE of the "previous fixes" work or make any sense whatsoever. Sounds like a bunch of kids trying to sound like they know what they're talking about and got lucky by default.

After the RTSS solution didn't work, I reinstalled it and noticed it was installing DirectX as well.
So, I went to my installation directory for TW3 "GOG\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\__redist" and ran the CDPR provided DirectX installer.
And the game is now fixed. Must be some other thing in my system which overwrote over CDPR's DirectX copy.
Hope this helps.

how long have you been able to play without a crash?

Top Bottom