Game Money gone after patch 1.04

+
Game Money gone after patch 1.04

Hello there,

after loading the new patch 1.04 for xbox one today and loading the game i noticed i have just 600 crowns ?! On sunday (last day I played before the patch) I had around 66k. There were alot of public holidays in mai here in Germany and i kinda managed to play around 110 hours the last two weeks and all that money was really hard to earn.
So imagine the feeling i got coming after work when i just started the console and saw my bank account in the game... Tried loading other saves but its all gone..

Is this a glitch, will it be hotfixed? I wont be able to invest the same amount of time in this game to run around and sell all the stuff one can find..especially not with a stash missing.

Has someone else made a similar experience?!

P.S.

sorry this is extremly frustrating to deal with.. i hope it gets fixed soon.

Regards

Or for a more reasoned reply:

iforgotmysocks said:
Thats not a feature, lol. xD

They simply used an unsigned 16bit integer, which has a range of 0 to 65.535.
If you happen to aquire more coin, an overflow is going to happen and u just start with 0 plus the value that was too big for the int variable to hold.

I just don't get how they came up with the brilliant idea not to use a more suitable datatype.

from the following thread on the main forum http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46809-Losing-Pretty-Much-All-of-My-Crowns-For-No-Reason

not that it really excuses the bug which should not have happened in any sensible world! But still the thread & video linked by the last poster is so full of over the top rage it's almost laughable.

Or for a more reasoned reply:

from the following thread on the main forum http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/46809-Losing-Pretty-Much-All-of-My-Crowns-For-No-Reason

not that it really excuses the bug which should not have happened in any sensible world! But still the thread & video linked by the last poster is so full of over the top rage it's almost laughable.
I might feel the same way had I actually played TW3 enough to get hit with the same problem. But, since I stopped at two hours in (dat frame stuttering), I don't feel rage; I feel disappointment. Until TW3 is made to be in a state that I deem playable (no frame or camera related hitching, no game breaking bugs, and this silly money reset issue is done away with), TW3 will remain basically unplayed by me. In its current state, it just isn't worth the time or effort. But hey, at least all the free DLC should be out by then, lol.

I might feel the same way had I actually played TW3 enough to get hit with the same problem. But, since I stopped at two hours in (dat frame stuttering), I don't feel rage; I feel disappointment. Until TW3 is made to be in a state that I deem playable (no frame or camera related hitching, no game breaking bugs, and this silly money reset issue is done away with), TW3 will remain basically unplayed by me. In its current state, it just isn't worth the time or effort. But hey, at least all the free DLC should be out by then, lol.

Dont get me wrong I do sympathise with people having bug, glitches and errors, but I still think there is a way to go about raising concerns and screaming like a spoilt toddler isnt the way to get acknowledged and frankly is proably counter productive. You would never act like that in a job, or even in day to day life why then act like a child just because your identity is hidden? (I should note Im not specifically targeting you as I havent seen you be abything but reasoned, more the other posters in the thread / the video)

Dont get me wrong I do sympathise with people having bug, glitches and errors, but I still think there is a way to go about raising concerns and screaming like a spoilt toddler isnt the way to get acknowledged and frankly is proably counter productive. You would never act like that in a job, or even in day to day life why then act like a child just because your identity is hidden? (I should note Im not specifically targeting you as I havent seen you be abything but reasoned, more the other posters in the thread / the video)

Yeah, but this isnt a job. This is game that over 4 million people have paid for...They have made over 240 Million dollars, and still the devs cant fix some of the most vital aspect of the game. Its hard enough to earn crowns in this game and actually amass enough to buy the things you need without the game actually taking them away because of software bugs. I feel like we all just beta tested this game and that CDPR should not have released the game with all the bugs that are present. Especially considering that they have not even addressed a quarter of the issues posted. We pay good money for games and as such, expect them to work properly. At first I was like, be patient, the devs will fix it, but now, after completing the game and still having issues since 2 patches ago...I am losing faith.

Yeah, but this isnt a job.

Which is why I qualified that with "or day to day life"; I have yet to meet a reasoned person who goes around screaming like a toddler and then gets results from the people they have been screaming at! No matter how justified people may think it is, and lets face it the WItcher 3 has a fair amount of bugs I suppose I have either been lucky not to encounter them or they have not affected my play through in anyway that I couldnt put up with (Albiet NPC pop-in is frankly irritating).

I dont disagree some of the bugs especially the money one should not of made it too release, let alone this far, but I still maintain there is a better way of raising the issue than screaming like a spoilt child on a forum. I know for one that when I have a customer who is ranting at me because of a perceived or real fault with a product I'm certainly not going to be as receptive to helping - not that I wouldnt it just might mean I prioritise folk who have been reasonables problems.

I do agree with you to an extent, especially on how a lot of these bugs should never have made it to the release, but as the people making a HUGE profit from these people in the forums, they should treat them like gold. They actually should have a better Bug reporting system as well. Youd think with as much money as theyve made from us beta-testers, they could at least address some of the issues. I guess my point is...WE ARE THE CONSUMER. We are the ones that keep these places in business. They need to take this stuff seriously no matter how the consumer reacts. A simple apology and "We are looking in to your issue" is not too much to ask for...Like you, most of the bugs that have been reported on here, I did not see during my playthrough. But on the other hand, a lot of them are very legit, and some of them actually can stop you in your tracks. Like the issue I posted with the calming of the horses objective. Even though I calmed all 3 horses, the quest objective would not update and would not report that I had calmed them all. There was nothing I could do but load a previous save and go through the whole thing again. This is more than enough to qualify an irate user to voice their opinion. And CDPR should suck it up and fix the issue regardless of the tone in which it was typed in the forum marked TECH SUPPORT....

Top Bottom