Game only works with 16:9... wait... what???

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Game only works with 16:9... wait... what???

MM360 said:
@caccolo: Game only works with 16:9.
Does this mean that I will not be able to play on my 22" LG Flatron monitor in 1680x1050 (16:10)?Who plays on 16:9 LCDs anyway? I thought 16:9 only resolutions are mostly in bad console ports, because most LCD TVs use 16:9 screen ratio. But I really don't know anyone who use 16:9 LCD monitor with PC. All my friends have 16:10. I hope I will be able to play in 1680x1050 resolution like I play almost all my other games. I really hate black borders. I hated it in Assassin's Creed 2 as much as in F.E.A.R. 2. I hope Witcher 2 will be a game which I will love not hate. PS: Sry for my english

MichiGen1200 said:
MichiGen1200 said:
@caccolo: Game only works with 16:9.
Does this mean that I will not be able to play on my 22" LG Flatron monitor in 1680x1050 (16:10)?Who plays on 16:9 LCDs anyway? I thought 16:9 only resolutions are mostly in bad console ports, because most LCD TVs use 16:9 screen ratio. But I really don't know anyone who use 16:9 LCD monitor with PC. All my friends have 16:10. I hope I will be able to play in 1680x1050 resolution like I play almost all my other games. I really hate black borders. I hated it in Assassin's Creed 2 as much as in F.E.A.R. 2. I hope Witcher 2 will be a game which I will love not hate. PS: Sry for my english
I play on a 24" montior that has 1920x1080 native resolution, which is 16:9. This is a very common resolution for monitors. 1920x1080 is also known as 1080p which is the new standard for high definition monitors.

Yup AC had that same problem on the PC, It piss me off too I hate the black bars but this is just for the widescreens? I mean if it is a PC game they have to have most of the resolution it doesn't make sense at all, maybe it is a misunderstanding?

I have an idea, I'm gonna hook up my LCD TV to PC and plug my Saitek Rumble pad into PC for a full The Witcher 2 PC experience.

That is completely lame. There's no reason why they can't support 16:10 screens. TW1 had the same issue if I remember correctly.It supported it but there were glitches with 16:10.

I'm considering to cancel my 2x preordered CE edition and buying a new LCD with 16:9 screen ratio instead :-/ Or maybe I'll wait if guys from http://www.widescreengamingforum.com fix that. It's a shame, I hope CD Projekt will fix that before release or in the first patch. It's really weird to not support very common resolutions in a PC game.
GoranSRB said:
I have an idea, I'm gonna hook up my LCD TV to PC and plug my Saitek Rumble pad into PC for a full The Witcher 2 PC experience.
xD Good one.

I can't imagine they would put such limitation to available screen resolutions. Recently some older games have surprised me by supporting my HD resolution (and the other formats as well), when I didn't even expect that. Why would newer games suddenly go a step back? I guess this is a misunderstanding and will sort itself out soon enough.

Before consedireng any dismiss or revocation of pre orders, I would wait to see the Spring conference on 14th. Just a few days more. Or at least, MM360 next reply in Ask to the Devs' thread. Lots of questions will be answered in the conference. Btw, I think there has been a misunderstanding. I think the game will support any resolution but 16:10.

secondchildren said:
Before consedireng any dismiss or revocation of pre orders, I would wait to see the Spring conference on 14th. Just a few days more. Or at least, MM360 next reply in Ask to the Devs' thread. Lots of questions will be answered in the conference. Btw, I think there has been a misunderstanding. I think the game will support any resolution but 16:10.
Me too, but the 16:10 exclusion is a bit strange given this fact

well, isn't a wide-screen TV 16:9 only?Not sure how many LCDs for computers use 16:10 vs 16:9., but its strange they dont support both if they are serious about it being a "made for PC" title.

there's literally no reason why this should be the case.i mean, you can set custom resolutions in most ini files....why wouldn't you be able to do that here?

seamusgod said:
how does this translate to 5:4 aspect ratio? my monitor's native resolution is 1028x1024 so i play games on that.
I don't know... I'm in the same boat with the others who have 16:10, 5:4, and 4:3 monitors.I guess it would come up letterboxed, with 1280x720 resolution. But we'll have to wait and see, unless a dev is prepared to comment.

I know that 16:9 has overtaken 16:10 monitors in production and such, but there's still a large number of people who use 16:10 monitors. This is laziness on the developers part and makes me question that they are making a PC game. What kind of PC game doesn't have 16:10 support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom