Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
While checking my registration data i got the following error: Unable to connect to remote serverI know user and passworddata are casesensitive.I've searched the forum for solutions but found none (other players with the same prob, but no solotions)The error is not listed in any faq-lists. If there is an solution, please add it to one of this faqs:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16868.0so other players can find it quickly.OS: Windows XP Prof. x64GameVersion: 1.0 German

crashfinger said:
While checking my registration data i got the following error: Unable to connect to remote serverI know user and passworddata are casesensitive.I've searched the forum for solutions but found none (other players with the same prob, but no solotions)The error is not listed in any faq-lists. If there is an solution, please add it to one of this faqs:http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16868.0so other players can find it quickly.OS: Windows XP Prof. x64GameVersion: 1.0 German
and you disabled all the firewall/antivir? tryed in safemode with networking too?

Jepp, firewalls and antivir has been disabledsafemode with network was the solution ;Dthank you for fast response and help

I bought the game from Saturn.de digital download site but installed the game in english. I have the CD key but when i go to register there is more spaces then needed when it tells me to input my cd key. so i cant install the EE patch. Any help would be appreciated.

vettefire said:
I bought the game from Saturn.de digital download site but installed the game in english. I have the CD key but when i go to register there is more spaces then needed when it tells me to input my cd key. so i cant install the EE patch. Any help would be appreciated.
digital download, it usually means you have keys one from them ( Saturn.de ) to install and run the game, and one more key ( REDxxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx ) to register your gamerequest them the key you need

I am very disturbed here and cant seam to get any answers I cant seam to register my game no mater what I try have contacted atari ect to no avail does anyone else have any ideas i go to register and all I keep getting is need to have cookies enable have emptied cookies and turned off antivirus run in safe mode ect thanks

Q: The REGISTER.EXE keeps failing to register or Patch says i need to register my gameA1: It's not a problem if it says you need to register your game ( again ).A2: Since the registration process uses Internet Explorer to acces the Internet ( no matter what your default web browser you have ) you'll need to have cookies enabled in it , it helps to delete all cookies before attempting to register also since the cookies need to authenticate with a server it's recommended to have an exact timezone selected and an updated time for your system or else the cookies can expire as soon as they're created intrerupting the communication processA3: If on Vista run the Patch and/or REGISTER.EXE as AdministratorA4: If you encounter an HTTP error "12057" you'll need to uncheck the following option in Internet Explorer: Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security options -> "Check for server certificate revocation"A5: You basically need to STOP any firewall/antivirus that can interfere with the online key checking have all updates for Windows and IEA6: Try to write the key/password with small case letters even by changing your password with one that has small case lettersA7: Try to run REGISTER.EXE in "Safe Mode with Networking"A8: Even also try to register at a friend you only need some files from the Witcher folder put them on a USB flash stick or something you do not need Data & System folders you do not need to install the game on your friend's computer just run REGISTER.EXE there if it works ( and it did to a lot of people that could not register from their houses ) then export the registry keys on the registered computer: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\CD Projekt RED and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\CD Projekt RED and import them in your game system after this retry to patchfrom http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=2585.0

I have the witcher on my computer and had already registered. When I try to load the patch it tells me it has to stop because i need to register the game. So what do I do to get around this ??? derek

Hello all.I bought my Witcher game last year on amazon.co.uk, and now i wanted to register the game, but I did not found the cd key in my game's case. I read the all the FAQs and the forums, but there is no indication how I can find my cd key. There is no manual inside, only the pdf one, there is nothing there, I only have a flier with the Customer service numbers.I am downloading the 1.4 patch now, will I be able to install it even without the registration CD key?!Please wise people, answer me if you know what I can do.Thank you

Heya people,So i did the registration thing a year ago with my code and enjoyed the game :)Now i wanted to do it again just i cant find my manual where the code is on.Is there any way to get ur code ?What i wanne do is update the game with the 1.4 patch but it says i need my registration code :(Or is this a simple cause of writing a mail to Atari ?Thanks,Ish

Official game. Already registered. After finishing game, with great pleasure :p, game was uninstalled, more of itl, I formatted hard disk ;D.After new patch appeared, I downloaded it and tried to install. Of course it demands registration...But I received answer - "game was already registered under other user".May anybody help me?!?!?

Ok, so about a year ago I bought a copy of the Witcher retail for the PC, only got about halfway through it. Now that the extended edition is out, I figured I'd re-install the game, update it and actually complete it this time.My problem is that my copy did not have a CD key in it. The registration wizzard says it's on the last page of the cover of my manual. When I look in my manual, the last few pages are blank notes pages. I flipped back and found on page 69, it says "In order to register your game, you'll need your CD key which can be found on the inside front cover of your manual. Well, I checked the inside front cover and there was no CD key there, either.I was going to send in a customer support case to Atari as per the instructions on this forum when it mentioned I'll need proof of purchase.I bought the game one year ago, the only proof of purchase I could possibly think of that I would have is the barcode on the game box; is this going to do or am I just out of luck on the enhanced edition? (I'm sure as heck not paying another 50 bucks for a second copy of a game I already bought :()

popy70it said:
I bought my Witcher game last year on amazon.co.uk, and now i wanted to register the game, but I did not found the cd key in my game's case. I read the all the FAQs and the forums, but there is no indication how I can find my cd key. There is no manual inside, only the pdf one, there is nothing there, I only have a flier with the Customer service numbers.I am downloading the 1.4 patch now, will I be able to install it even without the registration CD key?!
so you read the FAQ and you did not contact ATARI as written there?you need to have the game registered to install the patch
popy70it said:
Is there any way to get ur code ?Or is this a simple cause of writing a mail to Atari ?
the key is in the confirmation email that you got when you registered
popy70it said:
Official game. Already registered. After finishing game, with great pleasure :p, game was uninstalled, more of itl, I formatted hard disk ;D.After new patch appeared, I downloaded it and tried to install. Of course it demands registration...But I received answer - "game was already registered under other user".May anybody help me?!?!?
reading your profile, no registered game...ummm, do you have a confirmation email? do you have more forum accounts?
popy70it said:
I bought the game one year ago, the only proof of purchase I could possibly think of that I would have is the barcode on the game box; is this going to do or am I just out of luck on the enhanced edition? (I'm sure as heck not paying another 50 bucks for a second copy of a game I already bought :()
you need to resolv this with ATARI

"reading your profile, no registered game...ummm, do you have a confirmation email? do you have more forum accounts?"I received confirmation e-mail. "Здравствуйте, Kostya Boss_k!Благодарим за регистрацию на сайте www.thewitcher.com.Данные вашей учетной записи:логин: Kostya Boss_kпароль: ________Вам необходимо активировать вашу регистрационную запись. Для этого просто перейдите по следующей ссылке. http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?action=activate;u=164969&code=________Should you have any problems with activation, please use the code ________С наилучшими пожеланиями,CD Projekt RED"Then" Здравствуйте, Kostya Boss_k!Благодарим за регистрацию вашей копии игры "Ведьмак". Желаем вам получить побольше выгодных контрактов на чудовищ.Ваш регистрационный код:___________________________________Приглашаем вас посетить страницу http://www.thewitcher.com/registration , где вы найдете подробную информацию обо всех преимуществах регистрации.Также не забудьте посетить форум, посвященный Ведьмаку, на странице www.thewitcher.com/forumС наилучшими пожеланиями,CD Projekt RED"

Hi all, I bought my game in 2008 and right now I still not be able to register my game and get to play with it. I gave up playing this game last year until now - my nephew digged it up from my game collection and want to play it :-D. My problem is the system keep on telling me I need to enable cookies, but I had already enabled the option to accept cookies. I also tried to type in the RED KEY in either upper or lower case but still doesn't work. I sent several e-mails to The Witcher support team but seem no one interested to reply me. So the bottom line is I bought this game last year and till now I still can't play it. Can anyone share their experience on this registration problem ?Regards,Ander

andermao said:
I bought my game in 2008 and right now I still not be able to register my game and get to play with it. I gave up playing this game last year until now - my nephew digged it up from my game collection and want to play it :-D. My problem is the system keep on telling me I need to enable cookies, but I had already enabled the option to accept cookies. I also tried to type in the RED KEY in either upper or lower case but still doesn't work. I sent several e-mails to The Witcher support team but seem no one interested to reply me. So the bottom line is I bought this game last year and till now I still can't play it. Can anyone share their experience on this registration problem ?
red some tricks in the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

Hi all,this is Matthias from Germany with a great problem !I bought me a new Laptop and had Install The Witcher again !At the Moment i could not registrate the Game. The following message comes : " If you want to use this function, you have to be logged in. Please activate the cookies in the Internet Explorer ".I don`t know what i have to do !? Someone an idea ?Greez

mythenmetz1 said:
At the Moment i could not registrate the Game. The following message comes : " If you want to use this function, you have to be logged in. Please activate the cookies in the Internet Explorer ".
try some tricks mentioned in the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

The witcher registry! I cant register i will write the problem: You have to be logged in to use this feature. Please enable cookies in Internet Explorer.I have done everything but it still doesnt work!WHY?

Top Bottom