Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
henrytas
It had been awhile since i did a reinstall of my game . So i did and when it came time to apply the 1.4 patch i used the Uniextractor method and when it came to unpacking i also got the message you had with the file corrupted so i let it sit for a while and in time it finished unpacking . With that being said i reviewed your system specs so it may take your system upwards of maybe 10 minutes to unpack to the sub-directory . Try unpacking once again and please post back with the results .

Tommy said:
@ henrytas
I found this while searching for something else . It may and or may not work and it`s almost 2 GB of download http://www.fileplanet.com/185053/180000/fileinfo/The-Witcher-Enhanced-Edition-Full-Patch . But if you have all languages installed then it should work .
No way. It's the patch which requires registration, so there's no way to install it without Uniextract...

Maybe someone could help me uniextracting the patch with spanish and english language packs, then re-packing the folder with winrar and hosting it in rapidshare or something like that XD

Tommy said:
henrytas
It had been awhile since i did a reinstall of my game . So i did and when it came time to apply the 1.4 patch i used the Uniextractor method and when it came to unpacking i also got the message you had with the file corrupted so i let it sit for a while and in time it finished unpacking . With that being said i reviewed your system specs so it may take your system upwards of maybe 10 minutes to unpack to the sub-directory . Try unpacking once again and please post back with the results .
At this moment I don't have any other computer to test it again, maybe the next week i could tell you something...

OMG thanks (and *Tommy* too, of course XD ).

As you said in your last post, when I uniextract the file, the corrupted file error appears, but it continue working, so i get the Enhaced Edition unpacked, so I copy the files to my computer and now I'm installing it. At this moment it's changing game files, so it may take some time... Later i'll edit this post to tell you the latest news.

Edit: Everything goes ok in the installation of Enhaced Edition and 1.5 patch. Now the game is running without problems and it doesn't crash. :-D

Hey guys, i'm new here. I have a problem with the registration of my version. I once installed and played the game and now I get a new PC and also a new installed Windows.
Today I want to install Witcher again and after doing that, I want to registrate my Version. But I don't find the password, which I have used the first time to registrate AND the Email for getting a new password isn't coming on my mailbox too!
When I understand right the password of the Login in this community isn't the same I need to registrate, right?
So, what can I do to get a new password to registrate my Game? Help please and excuse my English, it isn't very well.

das_eisi

daseisi said:
Hey guys, i'm new here. I have a problem with the registration of my version. I once installed and played the game and now I get a new PC and also a new installed Windows.
Today I want to install Witcher again and after doing that, I want to registrate my Version. But I don't find the password, which I have used the first time to registrate AND the Email for getting a new password isn't coming on my mailbox too!
When I understand right the password of the Login in this community isn't the same I need to registrate, right?
So, what can I do to get a new password to registrate my Game? Help please and excuse my English, it isn't very well.

das_eisi

It appears that you have already did it . Created a new user name . For the game is it the original red box version of the game ?

I have a huge problem with the registration/log in.
I had to re-install my operating system and because of this my Wither game. But alas, I totally forgot my password for logging in. So I tried the password recovery and entered my e-mail adress. But I never got an e-mail.
Has anyone an idea what I could do now?
Thanks in advance.

Maki said:
I have a huge problem with the registration/log in.
I had to re-install my operating system and because of this my Wither game. But alas, I totally forgot my password for logging in. So I tried the password recovery and entered my e-mail adress. But I never got an e-mail.
Has anyone an idea what I could do now?
Thanks in advance.

If your game is the enhanced edition just apply the 1.5 patch from the link
http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/ and run the game from the Witcher exe found in the witcher/system folder

If the game is pre enhanced edition then use the above link to download the 1.4 patch and appropriate language pack and place both files in one folder and run the 1.4 patch as administrator after the 1.4 patch has installed then download and apply the 1.5 patch . This patch does not require registration .

In either case after applying the 1.5 patch then go to the Tages websiteand click the 5.5 , then choose the one that is right for your system and follow the prompts to uninstall the tages drivers . Then retry game .

I just upgraded my computer to Win7 and had to reinstall TW1. Registered through the launcher window and said it went through fine, but when I try to apply the 1.4 patch, the patch installer keeps telling me I need to register my game. I have searched and cannot find anywhere else to register. Is there a website to register on?

hmbowman07 said:
I just upgraded my computer to Win7 and had to reinstall TW1. Registered through the launcher window and said it went through fine, but when I try to apply the 1.4 patch, the patch installer keeps telling me I need to register my game. I have searched and cannot find anywhere else to register. Is there a website to register on?
Nope . registration still doesn`t work . But get the 1.4 patch from the link and set the TWEE up the same way as before . This 1.4 does not require registration .
http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/

I also experience a problem with this. I want to register this game. I'm stuck in the 2nd step, because the password isn't working. What's going on?

To help you guys find the solution to this, I'm telling you these.

Since I HATE Internet Explorer, I use only Firefox 9. I also use WIN7-64BIT.

What must be done to fix the password issue?

Tannosuke said:
I also experience a problem with this. I want to register this game. I'm stuck in the 2nd step, because the password isn't working. What's going on?

To help you guys find the solution to this, I'm telling you these.

Since I HATE Internet Explorer, I use only Firefox 9. I also use WIN7-64BIT.

What must be done to fix the password issue?
Hi hon! long time since the last time I see ya

You just need to redownload patch 1.4 and 1.5 from the main site and reinstalled.
They've been shanged since May 2011 and registration has been completely removed. Patch the game and you won't need any more username\pw for it :)

secondchildren said:
Hi hon! long time since the last time I see ya

You just need to redownload patch 1.4 and 1.5 from the main site and reinstalled.
They've been shanged since May 2011 and registration has been completely removed. Patch the game and you won't need any more username\pw for it :)

Yeah. Been a while since last time from the Deviantart competition. :D

Well, already downloaded and installed patch 1.5. And I already found out what happened, since the registration form is bugged.

I hope in the future they include the registration form within the forums(not directly in the game), so that I can finally register the games.

Thanks to you, I bought and have in my hands the TW2 Collector's Edition. ^^ The last time I played TW1, it was very heavy for the PC to handle. Now I upgraded my PC to these stats:

MoBo: AMD Althon(tm) 64 2X Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.50GHz
Video: NVidia GeForce GTX 550Ti 1GB
RAM: 4GB

And it runs smoothly without any lag and stuff, and of course with HIGH definitioned options. Every Option is at the peak. :) I had to upgrade the RAM from 2GB to 4GB due of the lag issue at PoP: The Forgotten Sands.

Now I'll need to find a way to upgrade my MoBo to make it more powerful, because lately my PC crashes at some programs.

Now, I'm replaying TW1 to remember the events and then I'll move on to TW1's New Adventures and TW2. :)

was able to receive a new password for the forum,but The Witcher never send me an email with a new password for the registration process.The password can´t be the same.What can i do about it?
I tried all my old passwords.None of it has worked.

danielsupernova said:
was able to receive a new password for the forum,but The Witcher never send me an email with a new password for the registration process.The password can´t be the same.What can i do about it?
I tried all my old passwords.None of it has worked.

Try the link for patching and no registration for witcher 1 . I think all necessary info and links are there .
http://en.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?/topic/27060-game-patching-for-unregistered-version-of-the-witcher/

no worries. its been awhile, and my pc suffered a horrible death anyway.

is it possible to register now, like for the EE witcher 2...for the 360?

just curious. ive been away for quite some time, thanks.

Well, I'm kinda pissed off now.
After few years I decided to play The Witcher. So I installed the game, try to install Enhanced Edition upgrade - which I failed to (because game needs to be registered, which it already is, but I'm unable to login - it keeps telling me, something about invalid password - it's bullshit, because I'm logged here - so I try to get new password, but e-mail never came), at least I wanted (how dare I) to play the original game, but there's a problem too - something about downloading and installing drivers (TAGES Drivers - what the hell is it anyway?!), but it always fail (error 1275 - and before you ask I'am on administrator account, I also tried to run program as administrator in pop-up menu).

I use Windows 7. Thank in advance for reply.

EDIT: And patch 1.5 doesn't work. It tells me, that it can't recognize installed version of the game.

LicaonKter said:
use these patches: http://en.thewitcher.com/the-witcher/1/updates/ and not some patches downloaded 4 years ago ;)

It kept bother me with errors even with those new, but I dunno why or how I did it, but it seems to install 1.4 (Enhanced Edition) now... Strange.

Top Bottom