game wont start, need updated driver for hd2600 agp

+
game wont start, need updated driver for hd2600 agp

A buddy of mine game me the witcher but it doest start up. Flashes black a couple times while giving the little blue circle and then gives the error that it had to shut down and back to desk top. I am using a hd2600 agp card on Vista. The drivers I am using are the ones that came with it. It is dated from july of 2007. I am assuming its a driver issue that im having. The ones posted on the ATI site are from dec 2007. When I go to ati and tell them I have hd2600 I get the new catalyst 7.12 and I download it but when I go to install there is no new driver jsut the download manager, C++ and the registration. I have contacted ATI but all I have gotten from them is some auto response on how to install a card.Could it be that therer is no new AGP version and just PCIE?Anyone else running the game on the 2600 agp version?

Remove your current drivers, reboot, cancel when it tries to install new drivers, and THEN install Catalyst 7.12.

There are posts on AMD's gaming forums about troubles with drivers and AGP. You may have to go back at least three months to find one that works. For some reason ATI is having trouble figuring out the problem.

Majic7 said:
There are posts on AMD's gaming forums about troubles with drivers and AGP. You may have to go back at least three months to find one that works. For some reason ATI is having trouble figuring out the problem.
I can confirm that. I can't get any of the newer games to run on an AGP x1950 without crashing in XP unless using catalyst 7.7 or older. then things are smooth as silk.the AGP market is a dying one, and things have been a mess with ATI since they got bought out (merged?) by AMD.

Top Bottom