Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
My biggest gripes similar to The Witcher 3, is the combat.

It seemed like you're pretty much on autopilot when in combat like most FPS story modes

Some Suggestions:

1.) Maybe Survival horror game mechanics where weapons or ammo are more scarce or expensive, meaning you have to plan your shots

2.) Less inventory space for weapons, i think the demo had the character have four weapons at a time. i think this is too much and allowing the player to have one, or two(one primary and secondary), would make your choice of weapon and prep really matter and players could develop their favourite gun(s).

3.)Also i don't know if this has actually changed. But i think failing a quest or dying should have some sort of consequence, when i played The Witcher 3 i honestly wasn't fond of some moments simply because i knew it was impossible for me to fail. it makes it boring when there's nothing to lose from dying. the only games i've played that solve this are soulslike games because you know you might lose progression and be worse off from making a bad decision.I know it may seem like taking away progression could ruin an experience but in a lot of cases i found it more immersive.

3.5) if anything, there could be an 'Ironman mode' which players have to opt into. This could have consequences that are significant enough to make the player nervous about being hostile and actually produce some tension in battle.

This was what I have been waiting on. I understand things can and will change but please don't dumb everything down. One big request is please develop the game the way you want and to not be pressured by agendas. All you have to do is look and see what happens when agendas are pushed into content. I am not saying to not have current issues in the game but all I am asking is do not add, remove, change content just because people are trying to push their agendas.

Since they are not going to add the view in the third person, I think they should improve the one they used first. They should open a little the visual field so that at least it seems that the camera is your head. That does not seem that the camera is in your chest. That when you look down you see your whole body, not just your feet. That you see your arms and that you can lower the weapon, that it does not occupy half screen whenever you take it equipped.

Hello Devs and thanks for reading my Feedback.

Ive noticed in the gameplay trailer this huge amount of blurryness in the distance and especially while moving. It is probably because of TAA enable am i right?
If that is the case, please give us some other AA options like FXAA. FXAA is the best AA available in my opinion because everything stays sharp as intended and it doesnt use much ressources.
Witcher 3 was crisp clean and sharp and i beg you to make CyberPunk similar with the sharpness.
Oh and ive noticed some sort of grey touch all over the image too, so maybe a little bit more of contrast would be nice.
Last but not least, please make the HUD smaller or give the player the chance to edit the HUD by themselves, so we can have less HUD and more of the view of nightcity

Thanks Devs and keep up the good work!

As another poster said, would love to hack random NPC's, Computers, etc and not have it only be quest related. The same thing robbing NPC's, breaking into homes like you could in skyrim. I do hope that most of the buildings/shops can be entered and have a purpose and are not just cardboard boxes like GTA. I did notice a few clones walking around, so maybe a few more randomized NPC's added and after watching the video for the X time, I want to request again that there is an option to show the dialog of what your character will actually say and NOT some semi truth of what they say. I have zero idea why this is even a mechanic, I hated it in ME, The witcher 3 and really hope we can disable it in cyberpunk.

Would like to have some skyrim like interaction with random mob NPC's. Talk about minor stuff, steal, fight, kill, knockout, stealth kill, hack, loot...etc. I hope they are not magically immortal, protected from violence and you can't use a weapon near them like the witcher games. It was unrealistic and broke immersion. I didn't think about it until it was mentioned, but where are the other cars? The roads were empty and felt unbelievable for a big city. On a side note, can we have official mod support for the PC version.
I very much agree. Having a bunch of non-interactive NPC's wandering about doesn't actually make the world feel more alive. In fact it does very much the opposite.

If they can't be interacted with, talked to, stolen from, murdered, etc... then they should be there.
Post automatically merged:

As another poster said, would love to hack random NPC's, Computers, etc and not have it only be quest related. The same thing robbing NPC's, breaking into homes like you could in skyrim. I do hope that most of the buildings/shops can be entered and have a purpose and are not just cardboard boxes like GTA.
Yes, we need a living city, not just a green screen backdrop that is just there to look pretty and fake.

I very much agree. Having a bunch of non-interactive NPC's wandering about doesn't actually make the world feel more alive. In fact it does very much the opposite.

If they can't be interacted with, talked to, stolen from, murdered, etc... then they should be there.
Not going to happen. There's a reason Skyrim's cities were so small and the NPCs in them were so few.

Congrats to all the devs working on this title, I really enjoyed the demo.

Some questions about some things in the game world...

-When the demo starts V has her gun in hand but we're not seeing the crosshair, we can only see the dot.
The crosshair magically appears the moment she enters the apartment.
Does this means that we cannot use the gun in the hallway?
Are there specific places where the game doesn't allow us to use guns?
Are there combat and non-combat zones?

-Are all the stores in the city......one franchise for each type of store?
Are for example all the gunshops "2nd amendment"?
Same with guns,,,
Is there any variety on the same theme?
If someone wants to buy, let's say, an assault rilfle, are there more that one models to choose from?

-Will we be able to use the NCART to travel to whatever stop we want?

After watching the demo, here's what I liked:

• The immersion: only a portion of the game was shown and yet I already could feel the density and the huge world beyond the walls and buildings.
• The interaction: they all felt dynamic, natural. Jackie is not the useless/counter-productive AI partner, he's there not on your toes and not invisible either, great balance. Many games tend to let the player alone in these situations, the devs seem to have find the right pace for interactions. Even for upgrades, you don't just have a menu popping out, you walk towards a place, meet someone, discuss, give feedback, the world is alive!
• No grey-out options: it adds to the immersion so much. The dev reminded us of the various approaches every quests offer and in this one we could get a glimpse and yet no frustration by seeing an option you can't choose. Feels more natural and it won't make the player go 'what did I miss, what can't I do that?' It's not a failure but many RPG players feel the need to 100% everything every second without realizing it might break their immersion. It's just a path you can't take but another player can't take yours because he made different choices.
• Diversity: so many cultures but also NPCs speaking foreign languages. Jackie's Spanglish is great by the way.
• Customization: we didn't see much but enough to imagine the possibilites. The fluid classes is a good thing but I wonder how the backstory you choose for your character will impact the playthrough.
• Planning: in several games, that part is limited to 'choose well you gear', here it looks like your implants and skills will help too but more importantly, you don't just arrive at the destination and see what happens, you can go back, wait and make a reconnaissance, in brief strategy cyberpunk-style.

Now I have a question, the choices you make will open new paths but based on these new choices and alternate paths taken, can they open new side-quests too? If it does, just like the no grey-out options, some players will be frustrated as they'll think they 'missed' something. While not seeing the different paths/choices one could make doesn't bother me, when it comes to a full quest I can understand the feeling here though, I want to experience as much as I can in my first playthrough.

Thanks for having a venue for suggestions.:)

1. There are too many HUD elements crowding the screen. Hopefully there are different options or tiers of detail for the HUD.
a) Hit/damage points spamming over the enemy, obscuring the view and impact shots. Numbers even overlay the gun itself.

b) Immersion and the coolness of the impact of the shot obscured by ugly numbers...

2. Non-vital HUD info like NPCs talking and Exit locations need an option to turn off. So much of immersion is seeing people's faces and expressions. Can't when it's covered in text.

3. With the weapon and character modules it's important that they aren't actively displaying highlighted npcs and name labels the whole time the module/amp is installed. For instance, when "X-ray Module 1" is equipped, it shouldn't show the info the whole time, only when you toggle it. This might be how it works, hard to tell from the video.

This is just too much...
shot.jpg

Just having HUD options like TW3 and toggles for the the modules that are tied to the cybernetic eye would be great.

Thanks.

-When the demo starts V has her gun in hand but we're not seeing the crosshair, we can only see the dot.
The crosshair magically appears the moment she enters the apartment.
Does this means that we cannot use the gun in the hallway?
Are there specific places where the game doesn't allow us to use guns?
Are there combat and non-combat zones?

That is a worry I have. That it will only allow you to fight in certain places and prevent you in others. I hated it in the witcher. Not because I was planning to go on a killing spree, but because it breaks immersion. This is why I liked skyrim, it dumps you in a world and does not really prevent you from doing anything except killing important story mission NPC's. Do it like skyrim you can do stuff as long as its not seen, but if your caught then the police comes after you with a growing wanted level.

Since the game gonna be FPP (unless they change that) , I like to see more interaction with the world . Like Vi use her hand to open doors , open chest or box or whatever .

Cose kinda seem weird to be in FPP but you barely interact with stuff around you .

I also like to see more different weapons (like guns but also like sword and knife) . I also would love to be able to carry both at the same time . A katana and a rifle :)

I'm also hoping for interesting LOOT system . I know this is an rpg , story heavy..which make the loot that more important since you won't grind it endlessly . But yeah , I would like to find good stuff (Not overpowered or anything ) but nice stuff that you can sell or use and not just junk .

I hope there will be a crafting system of some kind . Though , I be happy if we get lot of clothes and we can mix and match .

First, I love everything I saw in the gameplay demo. Keep it up CDRED. :)
Now, some small things I would like to see that I think, in my opinion, would make it a little better.
NOTE: These are some of my suggestions from only watching the gameplay demo.

1. Visible holsters for weapons when seeing your character in the third-person scenes/character screen. (Something similar to Jackie's knife holster on his back in the beginning of the gameplay demo.) Just somewhere to put your weapons when not equipped. Adds a little emersion, kind strange weapons pop out of nowhere. (For me at least)

2. When in your apartment, you are looking at the news feed/weather/mail interface that is on the window maybe you could can toggle from Fahrenheit to Celsius or both are visible.

3. The ability to just sit/lay down and just soak in the atmosphere. Like to just sit down on your bed/couch in your apartment and just listen to music or check the news. (If you ever played Life is Strange, when Max is in her room she can just sit down and play some guitar or lay down on her bed and listen to music.)

4. The ability to play game with no HUD at all or toggle certain things. (That way you have to learn to find your way through the city, Fun, for me at least.)

5. Fewer equipment slots. One main weapon, One secondary weapon, One melee weapon.

6. Maybe have V's (animated hand) actually press the buttons for doors/elevators interfaces.

7. The ability to disassemble weapons/clean them when in your apartment armoury. (Maybe if your keep your weapons well maintained it can give your weapon a stats boost. Like +5 in accuracy or damage.)

8. LOTS of clothing options from Badass/Tomboy to Suit/Sexy.

9. When V or another character gets into a car, as the driver, for them to start the car by using the different buttons and switches inside to start it.

10. Maybe for the game to use a Character Creator similar to the one from EVE Online.

Last edited:
What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

Edit: IT'S IN!
Will the HUD and Damage Numbers above the heads be adjustable?

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

I agree on all three counts:

#1 and #2 were my main complaints in the demo, which otherwise is shaping up as a really fantastic game. Glad to hear about #1 being optional. It's just way too MMO-ish.

I liked the subtle attention to details like the plastic curtain at the beginning being pushed away and not just walk through. I wonder how smooth the driving is but I can't tell from the gameplay demo. I like that the demo didn't pause while having conversations.

Change:
1. Complete HUD customization - color, size, location of stuff. Also have an option for colorblind.

2: Lighting - I'll give this is a personal preference and this is something I can do with ReShade if it isn't changed. I've always felt cyberpunk have a slight blue tint to all the lighting. This is a suggestion but maybe you guys should have different tints for different the areas so each has a unique flavor to it.

Want:
Advanced Character creation: Picking eyes, nose, ears, hairstyle isn't advanced. I want sliders to tweak and mold the character to how I want them to look.

Character Background: I'd like for my character's favorite breakfast food to be waffles. I know this is an insane small minor detail and no it doesn't have to happen. It can just be head cannon when I play.

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Aug 28/18 Marcin Momot: "That is exactly our plan. A lot of HUD elements (including damage numbers) will be optional. "

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

Just, uhmm, so you know...

This game has me budgeting 3000 dollars or more for a new gaming PC to experience in it's purest form.

So I won't only be paying for the game, but the underlying components to play the game in it's best form.

I've not been excited for a game since Deus Ex 2/Half Life 2/ etc....

You've legitimately captured my heart of imaginary worlds. Please don't let me down. I will be spending 2-4000 dollars to play this game in it's purest form...

. Alright here's my point of view: 1.) Look at Resident Evil 4's weapon upgrade system on google. Truly truly if you implement that system and add to it in a creative CD Projekt way, you will greatly please every person who plays your game. It is a system that gives the player a meaningful pathway that allows them to invest their in game earnings towards one of the games most meaningful resources: personal power in the context of weaponry. 2.) Everything looks so amazing so far. 3.) Im so proud of you guys! Thank you for the Witcher games! - Justin, from Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and a huge fan of your companies hard work, dedication to authentic experiences and Gwent. I love you guys!
Post automatically merged:

. 1.) One more thing. It would be amazing to see NPC 's and others have different body types and heights. Like bigger breasts, smaller heights. Larger waists, bigger muscles, more weight, less weight. You know diversity you would see in California today. The people in this game are their descendants.

Last edited:
I love everything I saw in the demo, however, I would just love to SEE more animations from V as she interacts with the world around her.

The game world looks fantastic, the combat is off the charts, the driving seems to have received proper attention, BUT... you don't see much of V and how she interacts with the world. You see a camera walking around when V has a gun holstered (which is like any and all first person worlds/shooters) but that's it. I know CD Projekt Red takes pride in making unique, gripping stories with worlds that pull and draw you in. In the demo I didn't get the complete sensation that I was V in every circumstance.

I can understand how many, many fans are frustrated because the studio elected to not include TPP and make this strictly a FPP game. I was one of those people but after watching the demo I have been sold on their vision and intention. I get it. It's all about being V and taking in the grandeur of the dystopian society and feeling small under the mega corporate skyscrapers. Makes sense. I would just like to see V interact with the world. She interacts, it's present throughout the demo, true, but we don't actually see her doing it; no hands, arms, extends from the camera when she interacts. I believe there's a difference in FPP when you're just a walking camera vs. you see this person interacting with the world all the time.

What would I think fans would like to see:

1. When V retrieved the soda from soda machine. Instead of putting a cursor over it selecting it and watch it disappear, what about if we actually see V extend her arm, grab, and pulls it back onto her person or drinks it in that moment.
2. Elevator. Instead of putting the cursor (small white dot in the middle of the screen) over the button, what if when you select a floor you see V's finger go to push it.
3. V's Apartment. When going into her weapon closet what if instead of V you just see the camera go over the gun, how about you see V grab the gun and then place it on her person.
4. In the demo you see V go to her wardrobe and take the high-tech jacket, but we ACTUALLY didn't see it. What if we see V physically extend her arms out to remove it from her closet.

Little stuff like this makes a WORLD a difference at the end of the day, especially with you guys at CD Projekt Red because I know how much you guys care about making the world feel immersive and engaging for the player. The attention to detail would enhance not only V but the world as well.

More example of fleshing this out would be if V goes to eat something (i.e. vendor, in her apartment, restaurant, etc.), and seeing see her arm extend to pick it up and then bring it to her face or place in her bag for future use? If there's a weapon on the floor can we see her actually grab it and pick it up? (Never understood why in some RPGs when you grab/pick up loot it's always a matter of standing over it, selecting it, then watching it magically disappear :/).

All of this may seem inconsequential but I believe it will make the immersion factor more real, believable, immersive while appeasing players who love TPP that see their character for the majority of the game unless in special circumstances like a car or watching cinematics. Whenever i see this in FPP games like Thief, Far Cry, etc. it really makes me feel as though I'm embodying the character. Also I easily forget about that I'm not playing in TPP because I feel fully invested and enveloped in the main character.

Hopefully this is something you guys would consider since you're still in the middle of production. So, yeah the more I SEE of V interacting with the world, the better, and I'm sure plenty of fans feel the same way. Other than that, Great job with the game! Excited!

Last edited:
Top Bottom