Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.
Perfect perfect perfect can we preorder now plz

What I saw...the level design seems to be tailored for stealth. But we only saw combat. I wonder if they plan to introduce stealth systems and the possibilities to not kill anyone and ghosting the levels, a la Dishonored.

- The menus at the start seem a bit confusing, maybe separate the different topics by colors.
- Weapon recoil and enemies not reacting to being hit

Speaking if visuals..
1. the round shadows, probably caused by ambient occlusion, under NPCs feet make the game look like the old games when the only shadow in the game was a dark circle under characters.
2 .Of course the absence of any parallax occlusion or tesselation is a bummer yet again.
3. I wonder if Ray Tracing is being implemented as it would make the game look amazing, tho i guess nobody now or in the near future would be able to run it.
But the shadows from point lights seem kinda buggy and overall the shadows seem lowres and too sharp.

What did you like? What would you like to change? Try to keep it neat and preferably numbered or lettered.

Speaking of which ( I have a lot, but just gonna do three) :

1. Option to remove the damage numbers above target's heads.

2. Difficulty level where enemies -and- V are both less resilient unless equipped with serious armor.

3. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

Agree.
And yup on N°2, I dunno if it's a matter of "Let's do a demo, add some end-game-tier guns to impress everyone and show-off a bit of what's in stock", making the mission looks so easy (I mean, for an infamous gang such as the Maelstorm, taking them out seemed a bit too easy), now maybe it was played by a very good player, very well versed into the game's mecanics (and, like, playing the same stuff yourself would be way more challenging, since the player knew almost everything from scratch), or maybe it was indeed a bit too easy (V seemed to take barrely any damage and seems like his life refills automatically, kinda a bit too much "Call of Duty"...).

I mean, either you take the FPS road, add damage numbers, make most enemy cannon fodder and add a semi RPG experience on top of it to flesh the world, would be nice, but way more clear to the playerbase (nothing wrong with FPS you know, but pretty annoying when you're talking about a true RPG and the final game has every stuff from FPS like Borderland or stuff like that).

If you plan on pushing the RPG side, makes the enemy and yourself weaker, add armours etc... and mostly remove the damage numbers, you should prepare knowing the force you'll have to deal with, not "how big the damage number will be if I shot them with XXX gun".

Honnestly, the games looks superb, but the numbers of gunfights in 48 minutes, while super cool and exciting, I'll admit it, were a bit over the top from the immersion perspective, you NEVER felt really in danger.
Sure, danger lurks at every corner in Night City, but if it takes you 2 bullets and an inhaler sniff to take care of it, what's the freaking point?
Not asking for a Dark Soul type of difficulty, but there it looks way too kind for the player.
If you're walking home in Night City at 3Am and hears a bunch of bozo's laughting hystericaly from away and that sounds comes to you, you should be shitting your pants like in a survival horror, finding a way to escape because those dudes are the definition of "being super fucked up".
You shouldn't grab your gun and be like "Come at me motherfuckers", for the simple reason that if no one in NC do fucks with those guys, it's for a good reason (the other being that heroes doesn't exists in Cyberpunks...)

How does damages plays out for the player? Can you loose a limb? forcing you to extract your way to the car and ask jackie to take you to the hospital with a countdown before you pass out (and depending on your cash, either waking up poor at hospital or dead and having to reload) ?
Now that would be freaking RP and you'd feel the danger or rushing your way, even as a Solo you should feel like a commando, not like a rambo dude.

I felt the combats, while great and well made, lacked brutality and punishement.
So, I hope it was more made in a way to show how the game plays out and lowered the difficulty so it's not like "the dude died 13 times in the 48mn demo", than a definitive takes on in-game fights, because it looks not challenging enought (mostly for an early mission, it should on the opposite become a bit easier once you become a better edgerunner IMO, doing a better work), a noob going to mess with the maelstorm, with barely a pair of cyberoptics and a wrist enhancement should have an harder time getting out of there, even the Boss in the exosqueleton felt like a loser.
The Maelstrom have high end military upgrade, I mean, I'm sure they can compete with the Psychosquad in term of equipment, so yeah, it did felt a bit off, how easy it was to get rid of guys "that much" tooled.
If you can deal that easily of a gang that violent from the start of the game, even an armored dude, it's kinda worrying for the difficulty curve in the game.

The fight was good, but you should be super punitive with the damage you take.
The boss shot at V a few time, but V took nothing and his life refilled in 5seconds.
Will we have kill-streak next?

Feeling the danger, isn't being jumped at, at every 4 corners, but actually being scared that the stuff coming from nowhere could kill you (like in survival horror), there I never really felt "in danger", you always feel like you're the one controlling the situation and can kill that dude in two bullets, but HIS two bullets won't do shit to you (like, when V ate the laser from the exosqueletton, lost half his life and got up on his feet like if nothing happened...Quake 3 style)

Everything was perfect, but just I hope the easy difficulty was meant for the demo perspective, not something representative from the final game.

Last edited:
I don't know, for it not being a final product I was very happy with what I saw.

I very much want that hacking, don't stick it behind a pipes game or needless RNG, and just think of interesting options to do in the network.

I like the high mobility combat, gun options, hud, the store interfaces.

I loved that most of the people on the street just kind of ignored you, but the ones that would try to get attention from passer bys did, I thought it felt very organic.

I hope in missions like the one shown in the demo have a pro-maelstrom route the player can take. They seem like a super interesting group for a version of V to get to know.

In the scene where V picks up her jacket one of the items on the hanger looks more like a vest. So maybe it's not just jackets personally I'm hoping for some long coats to get that Matrix/Syndicate feel.
I'd still love for an option to fill the slot in a way that doesn't impact the clothes combo visually. Say you're assembling a nice outfit for your character, and then have to pick some bleh jacket, just to not gimp the character stats, that'd be annoying. Aforementioned armor undershirt would fix that one.
Post automatically merged:

3. I wonder if Ray Tracing is being implemented as it would make the game look amazing, tho i guess nobody now or in the near future would be able to run it.
According to some pictures floating around showing the settings screen, it appears they're going to support the RTX stuff from NVIDIA (the option is labelled "NVIDIA Raytracing", which I presume alludes to RTX).

Also, and not to sound rude or ungrateful or anything, but:

Would it kill you to use keyboard and mouse during one of the future occasions the game is demo'ed or showcased?
I understand that the console crowd needs to be catered to but the other portion of the audience surely wouldn't mind a little show of love and appreciation in form of using other input methods as well.
The thing is you need to design the game with the limited number of controls available on your standard controller in mind. You can't design for keyboard/mouse because then you may well wind up needing more buttons/toggles/switches then are available on controllers thus the game is physically unplayable on consoles.

YES ... I know some consoles will permit the use of keyboard/mouse, but most console players don't even own those.
The sad tale about having to meet and design around the lowest common denominator a.k.a. the controller, I'm familiar with it.

What I'm asking for, very politely, is that they would use, just once, keyboard and mouse the or one of the next times they publicly demo the game. Just to get a rough idea of how different the shooting passages pan out if played with the arguably better suited and faster control method for those scenarios.

The guy CDPR employs to play the builds during those showcases is a former professional Counterstrike player, for Pete's sake! So why not make use of that for a change? Just that one time, please.

Also, this level of graphics is easily possible current gen. For sure! At least for PC, keep it at this level. It's not "out of this world" like W3 was when we first saw it or even when second gameplay for W3 landed. Far from it.

Ok since i'm in the U.S. I'll say it. Incase the ESRB decide to change the rating at the last minute make sure we can still get over here as is and not toned down or changed. I don't care if i have to order the game from the Czech republic. basically what I'm saying is from what the gameplay trailer showed keep the same content for the game. Also for what little sanity and patience I have tell me a release date. For the love of god tell me you can get a pistol thats not some terrible full auto/burst fire piece of crap this aint call of duty.

I totally felt in love with this demo gameplay. Just two things that i notice. Please make the slow-motion or "bullet time" less often. I won´t have something that powerful at any troublesome situation and make it please little more challenging. I know that purpose of this demo is diametrically different but i had whole time feeling like the main character would be immortal. Btw. I would really love to already pre-order Cyberpunk, or somehow help you guys by buying something, even this demo would be great and i think that if you ever wonder about some kind of reveniew in the time of making the game this could be one of the ways. Love you guys and I can´t wait about something new that you will show us. (after all sorry for my English, still trying to learn this language.)

So I mostly love the stuff I have seen and will love playing this game. One thing that I do hope will change is the height of the NPC's. Everybody is the same height and that annoyed to fuck out of me, more than I had hoped. I understand that for interaction the same height is the easy way, but seeing about 100 people walking around in the city, and everybody being leveled at the same height breaks immersion at least a bit.
samesame.png

Go watch this scene, you can't unsee it.

I hope I can play the game without shooting 1 bullet and go full melee. But I would not loose a day sleep over it when thats not possible.

Not bad, but there are questions on the animation of characters, and the external stylization of game characters. Reminds Gears of War)) And can you try to move away from "obvious", and "invincible" bosses? This is a boring template for everyone)
Regards.

The demo was breathtaking ! Awesome work @CDPR !

I'm not sure whether or not it has been said previously (it's a bit of a niptick at this point) but it would be nice to include a cursor to make subtitles and floating text bigger. I felt the subtitles on the gameplay demo were kind of smallish. Now I understand it was probably to focus on the immersion side.
I'm used to play on my TV with steamlink and I remember how much of a pain it was to try reading the Witcher 3 texts over the NPCS when the game launched.

Last edited:
Ok, here's my take.

There's a couple questions. Why does the player need to kill Royce? She got what she wanted - the chip and the bot - by the means she intended (negotiation) and was then doublecrossed by the corpo chick who specifically said he doesn't care about the thieves, she just wants the credchip with the virus installed. So why chase Royce and murder him? He's not to blame for the situation.

Narrative logic aside, that's not really the point. The boss fight.
Royce makes a run for it. He knows there's some bigger things involved. So he tries to escape, that's his priority. The player chooses to chase him down (for what ever reason). So....

A couple of possible scenarios:

The player runs after him and mowes down the enemies and finds Royce in the hall getting into that exosuit.
What happens next?
There are guards, there are turrets (I don't remember if there were turrets in the demo, but in my example there are). All firing the player (if she's spotted). Royce is there and uses the exosuit to break down the slide door or wall (for example), occasionally he too shoots the player to fend him off.

If the player manages to pull of a headshot or a couple to the chest (on a moving and largely heavily protected enemy - IF combat is properly adjusted for accuracy, it's an early game event so the player should not be a marksman - it's game over for Royce, and that's it. But there's still the rest of the guards and turrets to handle.

If the player doesn't manage to kill Royce in time, he escapes (but the turrets and guards remain). Optional goal (for what ever reason it might be one) failed. And there's consequences for that. Royce might reappear later on in the game, pissed as a bee, and the corpo chick might feel some shcadenfreude, undermining the player.

If the player takes too much time getting to the hall, Royce escapes. See above.

The player might be playing stealthily and not engage in combat at all, but sneak out through some other route. Royce remembers this and it might come up in a later encounter.

The player might be able to wreck the exosuit Royce is wearing (somehow) and then have a choice over his wounded body to shoot him, or let him go. Kill him and job's done, let him go and new options open. Once again, Royce might reappear, but not necessarily with a vengeance. Explaing yourself to the corpo chick (lie or tell the truth) and she might offer some different consequences right there or later down the line. Or possibly even take him with you to the corpo chick and see what happens then.

It's a much more organic situation than a last stand HP sponge (with a highlighted weakspot... ugh) blocking your exit. More of a "final event" that unfolds as per your playstyle and capabilities, and it doesn't break the consistency of the world or immersion with an arcade boss battle.

----------------

And Snow, you asked earlier about the smart gun alternative design...

Here's one.

- The gun is plugged to the characters head if s/he has a jack (and that will probably be mandatory), meaning it is now "sort of" part of the players eye and arm.
- Point towards the desired target for the gun the detect it.
- Press and hold RMB to lock on to it (the aim then automatically follows that particular target for a certain time before resetting, or if the player chooses to change targets and releases RMB).
- The game calculates hit chances based on the characters skill with the gun, distance, movement, lighting, visibility and whether or not the bullet needs to curve. (Personally I think the curving is not necessary since there's already the ricochet thing, but what ever, not going there right now.)
- The longer you hold without firing, the more accurate the shot will be within the limits set by the characters ability (i.e. very low small might mean you can't get above 70% THC and and focusing up to that much might take longer), and if you hold too long the aim resets, so it's kind of a timed attack. More advanced weaponry might hold the focus for longer, etc.
- The skill and strenght stats determine how much the recoil distorts the situation after each subsequent shot... Autofiring here should be problematic early on, but not impossible to use.

So there's a bit of gameplay and characterbuilding involvement to it too to mitigate it being "just a crutch as intended".
Kinda wish you were a game designer. :p I like pretty much all of these ideas. And I think most of the smart gun stuff is actually feasible from a technical and gameplay perpsective.

And if what Adam Badowski said in an email today is true, "Elements like gunplay (both in terms of visuals and how RPG stats influence it)" are still subject to change.

Hey. I have no knowledge of cyberpunk 2020 and to me, the smartest ideea is to develop Cyberpunk 2077 first and foremost for the people that love cyberpunk as a genre and crave for a complete BladeRunneresque city to screw around in and feel like we can finally live inside one.
Trying to adhere to Cyberpunk 2020 too much, could potentially hurt the game for the vast majority that doesn't know or care about it.
I loved most of the gameplay but I just logged in to list my cons in hopes they get seen and stack up to other people's cons and get fixed.
I know you guys want a unique universe and you want to have a dystopian city without ripping off blade runner but up until now, the design from bladerunner continues to be the best version of a cyberpunk dystopian city that humanity has ever seen.

CONS:
-The driving felt very scripted and on the rails at all times, especially during that car chase.
-There is no car inertia while driving.You don't feel like you're inside a car when you take curves.
-Car sounds are very dull, and quiet and the in car FOV is too small.
-There needs to be a metric system option added to replace MPH to KPH
-Dexter looks very low quality as a character model. His skin looks like shiny brown couch leather instead of human skin and it also seemed very stiff.
-Facial animations should be polished a lot more and be given more emotions
-Animations in general are frequently twitchy or robotic for npcs
-Health Numbers draining above npcs should have a turn off option.
-Consider adding some new retro wave music and/or chip music to the game for even more cyberpunk ambient
-Night should have a bigger contrast between the darkness of the sky and the light of the city.

-The city even though it looks awesome and futuristic, it seems a bit too close to today's reality and could in my opinion benefit from a few more even bigger buildings that are pyramid shaped and bell shaped and mountain sized blade runner style.
Look at this example of how much taller the skyline is in this picture and how much bigger the buildings are.
The general idea of a cyberpunk city is to amaze you with the magnitude of the stacked and crowded, huge ass buildings that look so huge and futuristic that they actually feel alien made.
I think the ideea to impress with is to have a layer of normal height buildings, then a layer of tall buildings, a layer of skyscrapers and then, behind all of them a layer of city sized ultra skyscrapers that are both 10 times taller than the highest skyscrapers known to man today but also 100 times larger.
The slice of the city that you guys have showed us, looks amazing but looks much more tame and doable in the not so very far future compared to say this image.
To me, things looked awesome and a first in gaming but compared to BladeRunner, the city looks like BladeRunner the miniature clean edition.
Your entire city looks to be the size of only one neighborhood from BladeRunner.
Yes, sorry but when it comes to cyberpunk dystopian cities, you can't hide and pretend BladeRunner is not the gauge the norm the standard unit of measurement used to compare everything else.
I am saying that you should aim higher with the city otherwise Night City will just be the size of one neighborhood from BladeRunner.

-The roads aka drivable areas shown in the demo, felt kind of crammed, empty, short and filled with curves.
If this is a huge ass city, then I expect to drive until I get bored, otherwise the car aspect of the game feels kind of pointless.

-Little more dirt and garbage everywhere wouldn't hurt. Used future is more cool than clean sterile future.

That's all for now.
You guys have impressed me for the most part and these days I am pretty hard to impress.
I can also understand this is your first fps game, especially in this type of universe, however this doesn't mean you shouldn't look at Syd Mead's art more and try and replicate it even more.

Sadly, knowing most likely that my city size issue with the game probably won't get addressed due to time constraints and money I wish you all good luck making this the best game you've ever made.
I want it to be the best cyberpunk experience it can possibly be. Whether it will or not, I will still check it out when it comes out.

Last edited:
1. I'd prefer not having bits of auto dialogue, would rather have everything be an input or just hear nothing from my character.

2. I'd like to see how the fluid class system impacts story and quest, it doesn't really seem from the demo we got a good idea as to what solo does beyond just make you really good at combat, being able to have other applications in different situations would be neat-o.

3.More dialogue options, i'd appreciate more if i could have more options per scene then one or two.

4. The ice in the bathtub look a bit weird, might want to touch them up as they look really sharp and not rendered that well. That also goes for some of the fingers of the character, they appear to be a bit untextured or not saturated with details.

5. Choice and Consequence is fine, but showing more of the RPG aspects in the game is a must imo. Like how attributes, skills, perks and cyber-ware enhance situations significantly other than just combat. Like some bioware that gives your character pheromones that gives him the edge in negotiating or trying to get out of a sticky situation without violence.

6. Also, when the heads are removed from the body, they sort of just disappear from existence.

Last edited:
Top Bottom