[GENERAL] Most satisfactory Witcher moments

+
[GENERAL] Most satisfactory Witcher moments

Checked thoroughly this part of the forum, where such a thread should be and, to my astonishment, didn't find one. Post here your most satisfactory moments of playing the Witcher, ones that have made you go totally wild, scream with joy, or at least made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :p No cutscene/conversation moments, and please try not to turn the thread into a "how to beat *insert boss creature's name*" I'll go first, for example's sake!- There was a particularly satisfying sensation about seeing the 2 huge lumbering rocks of muscle and metal, wielding appropriately menacing weapons aka the Greater Brothers getting knocked down and pushed back as far as 2 meters away by Geralt's quite enhanced at this point Aard sign =D- Today, first playthrough on Hard, first serious battle - Savolla, seemed a lot more difficult than on Normal difficulty. Geralt actually had to drink Tawny Owl, Swallow and eat some food to survive, and all that turned the tide. A bit later on, when Savolla's death seemed imminent Geralt lucked out and his sword stunned him, like it happened many times with Aard on the weaker bandits in the Prologue. My big reward was a close up shot of Geralt grabbing Savolla, twirling him around, holding his mouth with his palm and cutting his throat as a finishing move. I could almost imagine him saying "You and your "magic lights" almost had me killed again and now you'll suffer for it"- Last one, not quite as satisfactory as the first two, but I suppose I'd post it as well, and classify it as a bit of an easter egg - Dealing 8642 damage with Igni, no cheating, no gold talents in it, not all silver talents invested either. Not on the Striga. And that was only around 30% of the victim's max HP. Have fun trying to figure out where and how it happened ;)

I think I can figure the Igni-one.Anyways, most satisfying moment? Beating the tar out of Azar! Man, had I been waiting for that since chapter 1.Second? Getting to bed with Shani. That one took some work, alright. Again, waiting since chapter 1 (yes, of course I chose the Shani-romance).Third? Not having to draw a sword once during the entire Epilogue! Fire it up.This is not counting the extra adventures - finally defeating Glover and his Wyverns in the basement on Hard without actually having the means to hit them was AWESOME and the dance of death at almost-dead state vs. a Giant Centipede I won on the outskirts of Caer Morhen kicked ass. Also, slaying the wolf-girl (to see the alternative endings) thanks to that one King and Queen you're given was satisfying.

Satisfying moments?Well, there was this one time in the Lionspider Cult sewer part thingie, were I managed, per bombs, to send most enemies running around with fear, then put Yrden traps in the hallways :evil:

TheSilver said:
Satisfying moments?Well, there was this one time in the Lionspider Cult sewer part thingie, were I managed, per bombs, to send most enemies running around with fear, then put Yrden traps in the hallways :evil:
Ooooh, nice one!

The most satisfactory moments. Hm...Well, beating Coccacidium was pretty satisfactory, for (seemingly) obvious reasons.
The fight against Berengar was also very satisfying. First time I tried it, I didn't change from Strong to Fast quickly enough, which resulted in him slaying me. The second time... well, let's just say that he didn't get to strike a single strike against me, what with my particularly swift and agile Geralt and all that.

Last night was an eye opener, while protecting Shani from the guys assaulting the Hospital in Act 5.... I knocked one down with Aard I think, actually it was the last guy. And she knelt down and stabbed him with her dagger, and killed him outright.I stood gawping for a few seconds. (because I was about to do just that, but she beat me to it.. lol)

My last satosfactionary moment was when I knocked down the whole group of drowners with my second attack of silver group style. Then I was just stabbing them down.

So many, so many..Well figuring out that
Azar was Raymond and getting Azar trapped by the tower was really nice.
Saving the werewolf.Being neutral the entire game. At first I thought it wasn't possible but when I could acctually do it I was really happy. Well the end wan't pretty, but in the Witchers world nothing is.

Most satisfying moment: the last c'o'c'k'crow and the striga is still alive and transforms into Adda. Geralt had to survive of course as well ;)it's much easier to kill the striga instead of keeping her busy, taking her slaps and Geralt can't really fight back. I had many moments when I was about to change my mind. But it gave me the occasion to experiment with different bombs and place Yrden here and there, etc. :whistle:Nevertheless it payed off and Geralt took the curse from her and made the king happy 8)

velkito said:
or at least made you feel all warm and fuzzy inside :p
I had such a moment during my first playthrough:It was in chapter 2, in the swamps. After clearing the Wyvern Island, it was dark, it rained, drowners, echinopses and bloedzuigers everywhere. I just wanted a calm, dry place to meditate, so I headed for Vaska's hut and talked to her, and this was the first time I had the opportunity to play dice with her! I cannot say how much I loved the game at that moment - it was like coming in, barely alive, half poisoned from all the potions and soaked with rain, and the old granny just saying "Son, you look terrible - let's play poker, that'll cheer you up!" :beer: I grinned during the whole poker game, repeating "I love this game!" over and over again - thank god I was alone :p.

Scrobes said:
Last night was an eye opener, while protecting Shani from the guys assaulting the Hospital in Act 5.... I knocked one down with Aard I think, actually it was the last guy. And she knelt down and stabbed him with her dagger, and killed him outright.I stood gawping for a few seconds. (because I was about to do just that, but she beat me to it.. lol)
Wow, that's neat! Thanks for sharing it with us.

me myne are....when i found out i knew every monstor i came across.....wouldnt beileve how much money that cost me!!when i got Ravens armour SWEET!!!when the profesor got torn to shreds by the Kikimore queen....serves him right for killing leo..poor boy

When Killing the GM when he said ed that only for Monsters and I always fine myself saying you are a Monster

I was nearly loosing my breath when Triss teleported Gerald right before Adda was going to give him a "kiss of the death" ;Dand also when Lady of the Lake gave me the sword, that was wonderful animation.

Definetely when I got Raven´s Armor. After all the time and quests, finally...black, leather, legendary armor. It was like "I just look so cool!"(well Geralt, actually) :teeth:

TheSilver said:
drinking a few potions, entering the lionspider cult tunnels, then just run quickly through ALL rooms, trying to pick up as many enemies as possible, having them follow you into the last room.then battling them all at once in group style. fkn E P I C[b*) ]most beloved sign/weapon combination:[/B]- pump up QUEN to max shield, let enemies surround you- pre-pump up YRDEN to max but wait with the release until your QUEN wore down/disappears- release YRDEN spikes into your enemies- then initiate the ultimate group style combos or even a special move if you got some energy left see dozens of enemies fall to the first cut (especially if you upped criticals and drank some crit potions)*) most beloved locations:- the fields- swamp cementary- black tern islandmost beloved missions:- swamp protection mission for Vaska (vodyanoi)- vizima investigation- heat of the day (murky waters)

1) Setting down a Yrden trap before fighting White Rayla. Then watching her try to get across it, only to fall dead at my feet immediately after she makes it through.2) Killing Berengarwith a single Aard and finishing move after one hit.

Top Bottom