General questions while modding

+
Hi, I'm having some problems with a trigger. I've made a vertical trigger area by a wall (cause I want it to imitate and work as a door, which is just "painted" on the texture behind it). The problem is that I can't make the cursor change its shape when it's pointing this trigger during the game, so now the player won't know that it's possible to enter the "door" anad he won't enter the trigger. Changing the trigger's properties isn't working ("cursor:transition" or "cursor:use" is no good). Can anyone please help me with this?

i've had similar problems and in the end, i resorted placing my trigger on the ground/floor .. i believe the issue is that the walls are not on the walkmesh

the pronlem is, that no trigger works with onuse cursor (big change to NWN). I tested a lot of things. It works only with placeables. But i dont need it. I take doors or placeables.

m-alen said:
Hi, I'm having some problems with a trigger. I've made a vertical trigger area by a wall (cause I want it to imitate and work as a door, which is just "painted" on the texture behind it). The problem is that I can't make the cursor change its shape when it's pointing this trigger during the game, so now the player won't know that it's possible to enter the "door" anad he won't enter the trigger. Changing the trigger's properties isn't working ("cursor:transition" or "cursor:use" is no good). Can anyone please help me with this?
Have you tried to put a placeable just in front of the "painted door" setting its appearance like or similar the door? And setting cursor door in its property panel?byeYou can put in OnUsed of the placeable this script instead of using a trigger:void main(){ object oPC = GetFirstPC(); object oWp = GetWaypointByTag("waypoint_tag"); // tag of the target waypoint location lWp = GetLocation(oWp); ClearAllActions(0, oPC); AssignCommand(oPC, ActionJumpToLocation(lWp));}

Top Bottom