Geralt's look... always updated with new appearances

+
Don't worry. Our artists are one of the best in the world. For real. They can handle it and it will be great at the end.I can spoil you that we are planning to have more than one haircut in the game.

I really hope so, I really hope the Geralt we'll see in TW2 won't be too much different from his TW counterpart, but I have faith in you guys. :beer:Who did The Witcher artworks by the way?

m6a6t6i said:
Don't worry. Our artists are one of the best in the world. For real. They can handle it and it will be great at the end.I can spoil you that we are planning to have more than one haircut in the game.
Just male haircuts or you plan to add them for a certain lovely witch too? ;)

m6a6t6i said:
Thank you for the info on the haircut, i don’t like the ponytail myself.I will try to hold my displeasure on new Geralt until i see the improvements your artists make.

Powaz said:
I really hope so, I really hope the Geralt we'll see in TW2 won't be too much different from his TW counterpart, but I have faith in you guys. :beer:Who did The Witcher artworks by the way?
Bartek is one of them, really great guy. http://bartekgawel.blogspot.com/ you can give him hug for it ;>

I actually like the new look of Geralt in the gameplay videos! There was just one unfortunate still that someone posted so there is no reason to freak out. Just make him look like on the banner.

m6a6t6i said:
Will there be an "over the shoulder view" like in the first game? I think that would draw the player more into the game.

m6a6t6i said:
m6a6t6i said:
(...)You can say that Lara Croft was iconic too, something special, with her unrealistic body and lips though half of her face, but she's changed in every game and I'm not experiancing any discomfort with it.
Haha, good point :beer:But realise that no one is looking onto her face, man :) Nobody noticed it was changed because of more polygons on her boobs.
Does this mean you guys are gonna add more polygons to Geralts ass? :D

Hi All, Hey Blackwood_ , thanks for tacking up that Geralt grouping it's much easier to compair. Just a comment or two. We all like the old TW1 Geralt that is a given. As for the other 2 pics, the top TW2 Geralt on it's own is OK however for me, because I see that one as older ( Big Brother ) and due to the time frame of TW1 to TW2 I can't justify that look. If it were supposed to be 10 yrs+ later maybe??????? As for the bottom TW2 pic I suppose it could be the hair that is throwing of the look compaired to TW1 pics but as some have already said he looks like a hollywood version, And I would agree with the distinction. So the designers for me would have to bring back to the more animalistic side of Geralt and definitely not try to make him human-like. ( Caucassion ) I would like to use the Final Fantasy movie anime as exmple, that is Great stuff but I really wish they wouldn't have designed them towards caucassion attributes. It is supposed to be Japanese and I would like these charcaters to look that way to alllow me to atleast imagine what it may be like to be from that culture. However they do this because they think some how I guess that they think Canadian and/or American cultures will relate better and that in turn equals more sales of a product. This is what I see at the moment with the TW2 Geralt on the bottom, an Americanized version to suit the people over here. Personally I don't want that, The Witcher ( Geralt ) and his world is different from mine, and I think keeping that Old World feel will just make Geralt and his world that more immersive and real for me. Well that's it, I know I have been posting on here for awhile now and anyone who sees my posts must think that I'm rather long-winded but if this Character and the World didn't make such an impact on me I wouldn't be writing as much as I am. Cheers! Robert " There are many different cultures on this Great planet of ours, how boring it would be if we were all the same "

Guest 2005166

Brag said:
Brag said:
Brag said:
(...)You can say that Lara Croft was iconic too, something special, with her unrealistic body and lips though half of her face, but she's changed in every game and I'm not experiancing any discomfort with it.
Haha, good point :beer:But realise that no one is looking onto her face, man :) Nobody noticed it was changed because of more polygons on her boobs.
Does this mean you guys are gonna add more polygons to Geralts ass? :D
LARA has a face? o_O But good one! Didn't someone mention Geralt's bum before? I mean, that actually was the body part I was staring at most of the time! ...

yes, that again was me, Unkreativ.. :) Powaz said he saw his face most of the time, but I still can't figure it out how can one play and see frontal, of both, Geralt and Lara...

Unkreativ said:
LARA has a face? o_O
...hmm.... well if she has, that's not definitly a thing that you notice of her at first, if you know what I mean ::)Oh, man! Seems aeons ago when I palyed TR :whatthe:
But good one! Didn't someone mention Geralt's bum before? I mean, that actually was the body part I was staring at most of the time!
Unkreativ said:
yes, that again was me, Unkreativ.. :) Powaz said he saw his face most of the time, but I still can't figure it out how can one play and see frontal, of both, Geralt and Lara...
See, Unkreativ? So we can still watch the better "side" of our Geralt ;)

m6a6t6i said:
m6a6t6i said:
Bartek is one of them, really great guy. http://bartekgawel.blogspot.com/ you can give him hug for it ;>
really great artwork. :)

Guest 2005166

secondchildren said:
secondchildren said:
LARA has a face? o_O
...hmm.... well if she has, that's not definitly a thing that you notice of her at first, if you know what I mean ::)Oh, man! Seems aeons ago when I palyed TR
I must admit, it didn´t fill me with so much joy as I just ... how shall I say ... "sucked" on this climb and swing over a chasm thingy. I really messed this one up as I did with "Dark Messiah" - swinging bad guys against spikes on the wall = definitely cool. Swinging myself to the next rooftop = pretty often VERY uncool. (I think in DM it was just climbing ropes (yep, fast!), but I can be wrong)Okay, just call me a wuss and let´s get over with it.
But good one! Didn't someone mention Geralt's bum before? I mean, that actually was the body part I was staring at most of the time!
secondchildren said:
See, Unkreativ? So we can still watch the better "side" of our Geralt ;)
*SWOON*

robert1a said:
Hi All, Just 2 things I have on my mind today,Quotes By Riojoyce:" But after rewatching the trailers again and again, I must admit that the new face grows on me........ " " I totally agree with the part that as long as Geralt as a character stays true to form, I will grow to like the banner pic. IMO, that it the worst thing anyone could say, Every game I have, ( With exception to Assassins' Creed 1 ) it did not have to GROW on me to like it, I think you should examine these quotes a little more carefully, because if you have to GROW to like something or View it many times for it to grow on you then honestly you don't reallly like it and your talking yourself into something, just to follow the masses, so to speak. I'm from Canada, and I have never heard of Andrzej Sapowski, or the Witcher series, movies, books or comics. Until I seen TW1 at my local EB Games I picked it up and LOVED it immediately, there was no way around it. And because I had such a wonderful experience with TW1 I am now trying to obtain everthing I can find here, and will buy it from overseas if I have to. TW1 left me wanting more..... There was no feeling of it having to GROW on me, IT WAS AWESOME RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX. Cheers! Robert
Hi Robert,True, I preferred the old look. It was a shock to see Geralt in a ponytail. Now, I can truly see why the devs say that the old Geralt is just a badly made model becos the new Geralt definitely looks more proportionate. I am now all out for the new look.

Old Gerald been originaly - beauty, wisdomfull , and dangerous. New Gerald looks like hollywood star like Orlando Bloom - beuty like mommy ass, but you dont trust him !!! CD Projekt Red why you change that original thing ? !!! And dont tell me you cannot upgrade main character old face ! We want old Gerald face !!!! I love your first game becose they be originaly ! Please give as old Gerald ! Dont do from yourself hollywood star, we dont need new Mass Effect and other rubbish like this ! I say, i dont buy and play your game if Geralt look like that gay ! We want old Charismatic Geralt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey DrogDrog, Wasen't Gerald!!! , Arch Stantons' brother? Hehehehehe. I agree with what you said. Cheers! Robert

Blackwood said:
Well even while fighting Geralts face is always visible. :p

Top Bottom