Geralt's mother?

+
Geralt's mother?

According to Sword of Destiny, Geralt's mother still lives, she is a sorceress named Visenna and her appearance is even younger than Geralt. She met Geralt right before the first time he met Ciri, saved him from a fatal wound.

Do you think she would ever appear in a Witcher game?

I'm not the person to deny more characters in The Witcher 3, honestly I'd support it - fully. Maybe in the expansion "Heart of Stone" would be a good time to introduce her, probably won't happen at all but it'd be a good addment to the expansion. Doesn't have to be something big, maybe not even that you'll see here. Just maybe some clues, letters, books or w/e which indicates that she's still alive etc.

I seriously doubt she'll appear in the game.By the way Visenna has her own short story "Road with no return".Geralt's father(?)also appears in that story.

According to Sword of Destiny, Geralt's mother still lives, she is a sorceress named Visenna and her appearance is even younger than Geralt. She met Geralt right before the first time he met Ciri, saved him from a fatal wound.

Do you think she would ever appear in a Witcher game?

I surely wouldn't mind, but it's up to CDPR to decide.

I am not sure that any of them want to see each other again... Well that's my point after reading the novel where she appeared ^^

It's complicated, actually in the book, there is a school for sorceresses where they have to chose, become a witch or the possibility to be a mother (for the great sorceresses you can't be both a witch and a mother...). In the fiirst choice they are castrated. At least when Yennefer used to go to that school, it may have changed ^^

That's what i remember ^^

She must be in W3 explansions. That's it. CDPR, just do it!

Excellent opportunity to show Geralt under different angle and tell us more about who he is and why he is. Some emotional strikes right in the feels of players wouldn't hurt much. We need those, please.

Perhaps it will finally be revealed that Geralt's infatuation with sorceresses is the product of a latent Oedipal complex.

Guest 3842753

The absence of a mother figure in his life (Nenneke doesn't count) reveals the "mommy issues" Geralt once had (note that mommy issues is the opposite of momma's boy). These types of guys usually turn out to be players and often have major relationship commitment/trust issues. Sounds a lot like early Geralt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom