Get your free back-up copy of The Witcher on GOG.com

+
ReptilePZ said:
http://www.thewitcher.com/backup/

Edit: I got the game of a friend gift for my birthday last year, so I don't have the Steam purchase proof. Is there any way to show my game list to show that I actually have The Witcher: EE?

Schreilem said:
Edit: I got the game of a friend gift for my birthday last year, so I don't have the Steam purchase proof. Is there any way to show my game list to show that I actually have The Witcher: EE?
"In case of problems with using this page contact us at free_backup@cdprojektred.com"

ReptilePZ said:
"In case of problems with using this page contact us at free_backup@cdprojektred.com"

Done, thanks very much! Now I'm wainting for the answer.
Sorry but I didn't realised that email >.<

CDP already said they are not giving avay backup copies for digital sales. You already have a game digitally, You can't lose it.

People who bought the physical version got the chance to get a backup version on gog.

marcoolio1 said:
CDP already said they are not giving avay backup copies for digital sales. You already have a game digitally, You can't lose it.

People who bought the physical version got the chance to get a backup version on gog.

That is not correct.
The backup is available for everybody who has a legal copy of The Witcher or Witcher 2. Digital or retail. So yes, Steam users can get a backup from GoG.

There could be delays getting replies as this was a holiday weekend, but you should be able to get this resolved.

dragonbird said:
That is not correct.
The backup is available for everybody who has a legal copy of The Witcher or Witcher 2. Digital or retail. So yes, Steam users can get a backup from GoG.

There could be delays getting replies as this was a holiday weekend, but you should be able to get this resolved.

Oh yeah! They never said that, my bad. I apologise. But I don't really see the point, and I remember someone from CDP thinking the same.

I am failing quite a lot these past few days. Maybe I should consider shutting the hell up.

Well, I understand Schreilem. He got it as a gift and didn't really had a choice. I don't understand the people who bought the game on Steam in the first place if they wanted the DRM free version all along.

Well that would be pretty shitty of them. Buying it on steam to get the gog DRM-free copy. After all they should give the whole money to CD Project then and not to Steam. And The Witcher deserves full price anyway, but at least you could buy it on gog-sale and not steam-sale then.

marcoolio1 said:
Well, I understand Schreilem. He got it as a gift and didn't really had a choice. I don't understand the people who bought the game on Steam in the first place if they wanted the DRM free version all along.

The offer was made well after the product was launched, and I suspect that the biggest reason was because of all of the update issues that people had with the Steam version.

And

Well that would be pretty shitty of them.

Please avoid insulting other members of the forum. It really isn't anyone else's business where people choose to buy, as long as they buy.

dragonbird said:
Please avoid insulting other members of the forum. It really isn't anyone else's business where people choose to buy, as long as they buy.

Sorry, I didn't mean to insult anyone. And I don't believe that someone purposefully would be wanting for CD Project to get less money and rather Steam more for the game. I don't mind buying on Steam per se, cause I can for example understand, if you want to have all your games on one platform.

All went perfect with CDP, they gave me a new key.

The game was given to me, I didn't have any choice. Of course I don't prefer Steam version, but I couldn't do anything. Besides, the GoG version DOESN'T HAVE DRM, and it has some extras, like wallpapers, videos, the OST, etc, etc, etc.

Top Bottom