GOG is the only thing holding Gwent back in popularity now

+
Actually a mobile version for smartphones and expecially tablets could raise gwents playerbase a lot.
Playing gwent via controller with your xbox/playstation or in front of your pc is not as "relaxing" as playing it on your balcony or couch.
Playing GWENT is NEVER relaxing.. even with netdecking and much booze it isnt. :howdy:

Guest 4334474

Why would GOG exclusivity hold Gwent back? If anything holds it back, it is the lack of marketing/lack of mobile version. A lot of big companies have their own shop or launcher, and their games are only available there. I don't even have to change genres to prove this point, the 2 most popular CCGs on twitch (and therefore likely on the market as well) are only available to download from their companies...

I guess my point in wanting it on Steam is the marketing essentially handles itself by simply existing there and being on the main store page for a few days or a week. Exposure essentially, which Gwent doesn't have on GOG. Gwent could have maybe hit it bigger with more marketing in general, maybe in cyberpunk they will talk about Gwent lol?

I absolutely don't agree with anyone saying the game is boring or whatever since homecoming by this point though, which is why I made this post to begin with to really focus on how the game has gotten really intriguing the more time they have put into it so it feels awesome to have stuck with the game and the streamers that have stuck around... but I would like the game to get more popular rather than remain niche! I guess I just feel genuinely sad for the developers if this never gets the attention it deserves but what can you expect someone to feel when they are really happy about a game they play. Maybe mobile will help but I just don't have personal experience on how that would market the game compared to being on more platforms (outside of phones) and having cross play features with the new platforms. Whatever happens I hope the best for these devs and the game going even more forward.

Top Bottom