GUI suggestions

+

Guest 3945410

GUI suggestions

Overall I'm very pleased with the GUI. However I'd like to make a couple of suggestions:

1) Currently, your side of the board is always blue, and the enemy's side is always red. Please give us the option of using faction colors instead. So if I'm Skellige and playing against the filthy Northern Realms, my side should be purple and theirs blue. This would be comfy.

2) Currently, when the enemy is accessing a menu (such as when selecting cards to redraw/discard), the GUI is blurred so that you can't admire or read your own glorious cards while waiting. Please let us disable the blur.

3) Often on the post-game screen there's initially just a "Send Good Game" button (which is centered). After a short delay, the "Continue" button appears, and shifts the "Send Good Game" button to the right. This looks bad and can cause misclicks. I think both buttons should be there when the screen loads, and not move (or at least the "Send Good Game" button shouldn't shift to the right, but have a fixed position).

P.S. Feel free to use this thread for other GUI suggestions as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Few UI suggestions.

First of all I want to say biggest possible thanks to all people who made Witcher games for all these years, I love this trilogy so much, I can't even count how much hours I spent for all of them and of course TW3 was my best game experience ever. So now I finally got my key and I have an oportunity to continue my adventures in Gwent, and that's truly awesome.

I enjoy Gwent a lot, but I have few humble suggestions how you probably can make it even better. Maybe you'll find these useful, maybe not. English is not my native language so I hope you will excuse my mistakes, there's qute a lot of text, I hope I won't mess it up too much.

1. I don't really like the draw screen at the start of the game. 10 cards is not that much, even for phone or pad. In my opinion it would be so much better, if you will be able see all your cards at once, in two rows 5+4, or in kind of circle, or somehow else. It will help a lot, save you few extra seconds every time, and for my taste this current scrolling just annoying. Same goes to graveyard screen. Cards looks too big on screen especially compared to cards on the game board, I don't feel it's necessary to scroll 3 cards, to draw 4th, they all can be easily placed in one screen.

2. I think game needs better turn history, although you actually can see everything on your board, but sometimes you can miss some interesting plays or combos, or some synergy. Compact vertical row on very right or left side of the screen could be very awesome UI addition.

3. I think each card should have its categorized tag or multiple tags, depending on effect of the card has. Like it was in TW3 gwent btw. Summon multiple copies - "horde", weather immune - "adaptation", spies - "spy" or "renegate", doing damage on play - "punisher", doing buffs for your creatures - "healer" or "blessing" etc, etc. It can be such superior quality of the game improvement. Better searching, easier deck building, easier synergy searching, much easier and clear visual indicators.

4. I really want to have an option to see all remaining cards in my deck while I'm playing.. It could be very siple but great improvement for game. I don't feel it will break the game.

5. Actually my last but biggest complain... I don't like the game board look, just at all... It looks very faint and just boring, even compare to TW3 board it looks so much worse. I know guys, It may seem like I'm niggling and it's not that important, but I think it is. The argument is quite simple, we might play card games like this for thousands of hours. And we will look at this board for months and maybe even for years (I hope)... I just wish it was made with same level of love and detail as card's arts, because each of them simply glorious but the board is just meh. Maybe use older and more interesting wood textures, with scratches and dints, beer mugs near the board, gold coins, maybe a spider or an ant will crawl on the table while we waiting our turn. Something like that, more details.. it can add so much immersion and atmosphere to the game.

Just added poker boards from Witcher 1 and 2 for comparison, just look how awesome they were \o/

witcher.jpg

That's all for now I guess, thanks for your attention.

Attachments

• image_78120.jpg
    image_78120.jpg
    590.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Top Bottom