GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
-Also, in terms of balance, are the Unicorn/Chironex combo being looked for a possible nerf? Because those are in like 80% of the decks, when a single card(s) are that popular, its a good symptom that it might be too powerful...

I can't remember if it was a burza tweet or stream but uni chiro will work in the same way but the card boosting the other will have to be on the board instead of in hand

Last edited:
Burza wrote yesterday that “The design for immunity always was done in a way that you can't target the unit but global effects like scorch can burn the card away. It's a design choice on our end and we feel it's fair.”

This makes sense for Immune cards that the devs designed, but of course this does not answer the question about Eredin and Avallach who can make the strongest engines Immune. I fail to see how that is fair, or fun for that matter.

Since i cannot post a thread I'll write here.

Can we have a forum thread or discord channel for ppl in high rank looking for an opponent. I'm not even joking, have been waiting 20 minutes for game now and it's not even middle of the night. It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other 10 ppl in rank 1 to 3 that i constantly play against, so we can sync and play.

Last edited:
Since i cannot post a thread I'll write here.

You can make a new thread in the Tech Support forum. A moderator can then move it to the correct forum, if needed.

Can we have a forum thread or discord channel for ppl in high rank looking for an opponent. I'm not even joking, have been waiting 20 minutes for game now and it's not even middle of the night. It would be nice to be able to communicate with the other 10 ppl in rank 1 to 3 that i constantly play against, so we can sync and play.

There are some strange things going on with the queue. CDPR is probably aware of this.

As for your suggestion, that would require those players to be active on the forums/discord and speak the same language. I don't think that will leave many player that will fit the target. Either way, you can always make a thread about it yourself. And there is a Discord channel for Gwent, with voice-enabled channels.

PS. Moved the post to the discussion thread because it was a suggestion, rather than a question.

It is nothing strange. Just small amount of players on the highest ranks in "regular ladder" and "strict" matchmaking that matches +/- 1 rank. Additionally there is no way to switch between pro rank and regular ladder so if someone climbs up to pro rank then he is stuck there so the amount of players for regular ladder decreases in the process.

I have no clue why CDPR didn't change it (loosen matchmaking, maybe +/-2 ranks or maybe even more on higher ranks). It has been a problem since release of the Homecoming.

Ok, this has been bothering from the moment I started playing Gwent, but for the love of all that is holly, stop designing quests around experienced players. I would like to think doing quests is more helpful for new players to get new cards and leaders, not rewarding experienced players more.

1. Please increase the quests that do not require winning. Winning 5 games with X faction is very difficult for new players and very disheartening. I would much rather have play as X faction then win 5 games. Winning requires a huge time investment that might not even pay off for new players like me. I honestly dread seeing these quests
  2. The new faction war quest that requires 3 wins with 3 non-starter leaders is basically impossible for me. I spent all my reward points on getting kegs and the currency to buy kegs. Now that leaders require unlocking, can we please not lock these quests for new players?
In short, Gwent system right now is geared towards rewarding players that already are experienced in game and have a nice collection, not new players. Please think about new players when designing quests, new players need more help!

Last edited:
Burza wrote yesterday that “The design for immunity always was done in a way that you can't target the unit but global effects like scorch can burn the card away. It's a design choice on our end and we feel it's fair.”

This makes sense for Immune cards that the devs designed, but of course this does not answer the question about Eredin and Avallach who can make the strongest engines Immune. I fail to see how that is fair, or fun for that matter.

Well they can still be countered.....With my current deck I'm very happy to see Eredin because I have multiple ways to blast his immune unit off the board.

Well they can still be countered.....With my current deck I'm very happy to see Eredin because I have multiple ways to blast his immune unit off the board.
How if I may ask? Row effects? Because I have played against a couple of Eredins who kept their Immune engine (Yennefer) nicely in the middle, out of Epidemic and Scorch range.

How if I may ask? Row effects? Because I have played against a couple of Eredins who kept their Immune engine (Yennefer) nicely in the middle, out of Epidemic and Scorch range.

The times I didn't use scorch I was able to use Waylay but yeah if their hidden in the middle of other units that can be difficult.

I haven't used Schirru against Eredin yet but I imagine that would work as well.

Hello Burza.

Results of fractions battle that we can see in game, are they real/online or its just a picture? (Monsters -1, Skellige-4 etc.)

Results of fractions battle that we can see in game, are they real/online or its just a picture? (Monsters -1, Skellige-4 etc.)

Those are the actual rankings.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question was already answered in the official thread)

Hey Pavko, Will the new leaders be obtainable through scrap like the old ones or do we have to have the reward points available? thanks

Hi Burza,
As we know artifacts have been discussed for a long time, what about adding ARMOR to all artifacts? When armor turns 0, the artifact is destroyed. Such design suits the idea that artifacts would wear out and break in real life, right? Instead of bringing specific artifact counter cards, we can use damage to detroy them (maybe repair them too).
Thx, love the new leaders!

Aaaaand yet another bug.

Just got beaten by a NG Knight that simply refused to destroy itself. No other units on their board. Care to explain?

Honestly, playing Gwent is just a daily chore of asking "and why the &$^% did THAT happen".

Top Bottom