GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hello, Pawel!
I hope your day is going well.
I am worried about some things in Gwent balance. In my opinion, a lot of important Northern Realms cards (like Dandelion, Priscilla, Roche: Mercyless, Vysogota of Corvo, reinforced ballista, etc.) can't stand on the desk in the cause of small value. I understand, that high-protected ballista or Foltest's Pride can destroy all enemy units, so my opponent must be able to remove this cards. But almost every control card could remove these NR cards in one hit in the current meta. Survival chances of typical NR card are equals to zero at this moment. NR is the weakest faction and, in my opinion, deserves more attention from the Gwent developers. I hope, this situation will change in the future and rulers of the North will take the worthy place among other leaders.
Thank you for your attention and good luck!

Hello,

After Meve ( :love: ), will there be more female leaders ? It's a bit sad that there is no female leader in Nilfgaard or Skellige (like Cerys or Annarietta).

As a female player I would really enjoy having at least one female leader in every faction, since I tend to play mostly female characters.

Nilfgaard : 5 males 0 females
Skellige : 5 males 0 females
Monsters : 2 males 1 androgynous 2 disgusting-vaguely-female-things (I won't play those but they're female so it's OK I guess :sneaky: )
Northern Realms : 3 males 2 females
Scoiatel : 3 males 2 females

Well she's the kind of badass monster you like to identify with. (unlike Gernichora... which is the most disgusting card of the whole monster collection haha... Or Arachnas Queen which is not remotely humanoid)

how do you plan on adding expansions?
like will all future cards/expansions be put into the normal keg?
or will you go like: base keg, ex1 keg, etc...
if you choose the 2nd option i just hope they arent more expensive than the base keg
In other games I noticed that when new cards are added, they can be obitained in an usual way, however drop chance for the new ones is bigger, so in a long run, you'd have the same amount of new and old ones
Post automatically merged:

BTW
Damm I jumped with this question between Burza's replies, which could be the factor of not noticing this, OR I might have violitated the RULES by disguising a suggestion as a question which wasn't entirely my purpose :eek:
Hi,
Along with Eldain, it's great to see little changes like Horn 9->8 and Gambit 14->13 prov.cost in particular.
However were cards such as Serpent Trap or Dol Blathanna Sentry looked at?

Good to see Letho's return, but were cards like Cynthia, Infiltrator looked at? After mulligan update these 2 seem useless as Letho would have been.

Last edited:
Hi Burza,

I'm glad that you implemented some suggestions which I asked for, too. But there are still some points of concern and bugs I would like to let you know:
  • Cards are still unsorted in hand.
  • The animations of cards going to the graveyard after ending a round should be summed up.
  • I'm still missing the possibility to discard a card.
  • You can't see the duration of effects like weather or the ticking of traps.
  • There is no possibility to see already banned cards.
Fair comments of some cards:
  • Half-elf hunter has the damage animation even though there is no artifact on game board.
  • Venendal elite's ability doesn't work when playing with Arachas Queen (noticed in Arena). Is it intended?
  • 99% of Nilfgaard's opening is Magne Division and/or Nauzicaa Sergeant. Boring.
  • Assire var Anahid is only used for Roach. Super boring.
  • Yarpen Zigrin boosts self even when his player has passed the round. Intended?
  • Tactical Advantage should be animated.
  • Ronvid the Incessant can't be transmutated into premium version.
Thanks for reading and keep up your good work. I appreciate it!
Kind regards

• I'm still missing the possibility to discard a card.
  • Assire var Anahid is only used for Roach. Super boring.
  • Yarpen Zigrin boosts self even when his player has passed the round. Intended?
Since that one is a discussion thread, lemmie discuss
1) to discard a card, just click it and then click on your graveyard with left button of Thy mouse
2) I use her for Horn and sometimes to steal a Big Boi from a Big Woodland deck user so his Ghoul won't be fed
3) probably intended, or in case if it should work as Dragon Dream, that is: when none of the players have any cards to play - no trigger, then maybe you had the last say so it triggered

Are we getting a surprise update or a surprise delay?

Im saying this because there's less than 24h of January now, and usually updates have announced release day and hour in advance, and we got none, except 'end of January'.
Yeah Burza said on twitter there will be a patch tomorrow (well later today if you're in Europe).

Guest 4327745

Where can i find the "contact "button that has been mentioned about the support website if we can't find a solution for our problems in the website?I have only be able to play two games in more than an hour on ps4!!!the game looks much smoother and every thing is getting better with each patch but looks like console player will never be even able to play gwent properly!the game keeps freezing in loading screen and in the screen that keeps searching for opponent and it doesn't even let you cancel the search.although I don't have the best Internet connection but I'm pretty sure it's not from that because sometimes it can find an opponent in a few seconds and I don't have any problem when it does find it but when it doesn't, either I have to close the game or wait for something around 10 minutes for the game to figure out there is a problem and cancel it automatically. I really love gwent and want to play it more than any game but looks like i may have to stop playing it because of these never ending problems that have never existed in beta!

Greetings Dev,

Your game is really impressive, awesome work!

My questioning is as follow :

Will the Gwent soundtrack from The Witcher 3 gonna be added to that game, because they are amazing.

I am ready to pay for that.

Thank you and have a good one.

Charles

Greetings Dev,

Your game is really impressive, awesome work!

My questioning is as follow :

Will the Gwent soundtrack from The Witcher 3 gonna be added to that game, because they are amazing.

I am ready to pay for that.

Thank you and have a good one.

Charles

Don't pay for that it should be for free for everyone that plays this game, I know CDPR is not a company that would put that behind a paywall, but people like you are what give companies like EA and Activision the freedom to do what they are doing, ruining gaming.

I agree with your point of view on that.

Could they be add in the game ? Having a soundtrack option panel or something like that ?

Charles

Top Bottom