GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
Hi can I ask one question. I started play gwent in January and I wanna ask one thing. I saw Iron judgement bundle (Game of Kings bundle) and I really liked the Radovid avatar and border. I tried to find if I can buy it somewhere. Unfortunately I didn't find anything. Will there be an opportunity to buy it again in the near future? I think that the best thing would be if you would make available all these bundles which have been published in the past. I think it would be great to add this Game of Kings bundle in the shupe shop again :) Thanks you in advance for your reply :)

Ikona Ověřeno komunitou

Ikona Ověřeno komunitou

I did not try that yet, so I ask the community: Now, that the Casual Match is under "Training" and not under "Standard", do Casual Wins count in the "Win X Standard matches in Season Y" contracts? (I think not, but can someone confirm that?)

Hello,
I am new to Gwent and I was hoping someone could explain something about Triss’s Journey. I understand that if a player pays for a premium pass, they will have access to additional contracts, including:
A Long Tale - 30 Reward Points
Description - Finish contracts:

Dreamer
Healer
Diplomatic
Long ago
Firestorm
Making a potion
Classy and elegant
Crazy experiments
Oneiromancer
Epilogue
Young and beautiful

I then went to Contracts > All > Search, and searched for them one by one. But I cannot find:
Diplomatic
Making a potion
Classy and elegant
Epilogue

Is this the same for everyone? If they are not showing, how can we complete A Long Tale for the 30 Reward Points?
Thank you!

Theory-crafting question: What happens if a doomed Viy's deathwish is triggered? Does Viy get destroyed because it's doomed or does the deathwish instruction overrule that and send it back to the deck?

Not that this sort of situation happens often, of course, but I'm just curious which would take precedence.

What happens if a doomed Viy's deathwish is triggered?
Edit: Doomed doesn't prevent Deathwish, I was misremembering. But that just means Viy is a special case...

On a related note, I wonder what happens if you use Urn of Shadows on a Viy (not that Viy ever stays on the board).

Last edited:
On a related note, I wonder what happens if you use Urn of Shadows on a Viy (not that Viy ever stays on the board).

I'd assume Viy just immediately goes back into the deck 3 points stronger...

My doomed vs deathwish question was triggered by a recent game. R3, 3 cards vs 3 cards: my opponent had cards to summon Viy twice and a Barghest with no OH charges left, so they had to play Viy to the board and leave it there for a turn. That's about the ONLY time I ever see Viy on the board. Coincidentally, I'd recently been considering the ways that I could use a Fortune Teller to mess with certain resurrection targets, and wondered what would happen if I had one to play at that moment.

Well, I tested it by importing the first Viy deck a Google search brought up, modifying it by adding Urn and Fortune Tellers, and forfeiting against the AI until I got blue coin. :D

Result: a Doomed Viy goes to deck, losing its Doomed. Urn works as you expected.

I hope anyone can explain to me what King Foltest really "does".

In the description:
"The first time a bronze unit on your side of the battlefield is boosted each turn, Spawn a base copy of it at the bottom of your deck."

What is meant by "boosted each turn"? It sounds like some kind of vitality(?!) but I don't think that's it...

Thanks in advance for your time :).

There are many ways a card can be boosted. Some cards (Kerrick City Guards) boost themselves every turn. Some (Temerian Drummer) boost another card. Some (Nenneke) give boosts as orders. Some (Ronvid) boost on deploy. And, yes, I believe vitality translates into a boost (as would consume if NR could do that), but healing is not boost. Foltest adds a copy of one bronze unit (the first) that receives a boost during your turn to the bottom of your deck.

There are many ways a card can be boosted. Some cards (Kerrick City Guards) boost themselves every turn. Some (Temerian Drummer) boost another card. Some (Nenneke) give boosts as orders. Some (Ronvid) boost on deploy. And, yes, I believe vitality translates into a boost (as would consume if NR could do that), but healing is not boost. Foltest adds a copy of one bronze unit (the first) that receives a boost during your turn to the bottom of your deck.
YES, thanks, you teached me how to read it. It's clear for me now.

Hello! I started playing Gwent in December, I have made it to Pro Rank a few times now, but I am actually still confused by exactly how MMR and ladder placement works.

This is what I understand:
Your MMR is the total of your top four faction MMR
You have both current and peak MMR for each faction. Your current MMR is determined by your peak fMMR, not your current fMMR.

What I am confused by, is that when I look at the MMR of the top players it is lower than mine, 7006 seems to be the number 1 spot at the moment.

My MMR is 9269. But when I win games my fMMr keeps going up, now down. Hence my total MMR goes up.

Why is the MMR of the top players lower, than mine? I thought winning games increases your MMR?

Attachments

• Top MMR.png
    Top MMR.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • My MMR.png
    My MMR.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 48
since i can not open a topic on my own... ill quickly ask here... how long does the transition takes between the seasons until we can play ranked again?

Watching a video on youtube from Fuchsia Briefs, I tried to import the deck he showded (containing Sunset Wanderers) to my account.

The message I got: "Cannot import deck. For more information, please contact GWENT support."

Also its impossible for me to craft the card in my deck builder.

Did I miss something?

Thank in advance ;-)

Top Bottom