GWENT: The Witcher Card Game is out of beta!

+
Try to enable/disable v-sync. Also, make sure you don't have any heavy processes running in the background, like Chrome.
Disabling V-Sync seems to help a lot. I'll keep track in the next few days if the issue is solved, in the meantime thank you.

P.S.: Funny how different the mood is between here and reddit.
Post automatically merged:

I agree. I really loved what Gwent was. Particularly before the full release, I was really getting into it. Now it's not even Gwent but Gwent-looking-something-else-entirely.
Couldn't certain errata have been employed if need be, rather than restructuring everything in its entirety?

The music, art, and animation is still superb, I will admit. But the game is fundamentally different, so what was the point of the Beta?
That's exactly what they did, they changed what wasn't working for them.

Lose one row. OK we'll live with that. But the rest.. why didn't you just say so? A completely different card set with enough changes to make it a different game (as feared). We find ourselves strangers in a new land. And so we are to rebuild anew with what we turned in, getting in return for our decks, the scrip needed to build new decks (as well the opportunity to pay $$$ for keg promos). OK, understandable. Nothing's really free. But this... card names same, but functions completely different, making this lierally a new game. And Beta? Fuggedaboud't. Whoa, to literally start over (since there is so little sense to card knowledge retained, any of it, since nothing is left from the old, but the names and pictures, which in their sameness add to the confusion). Meanings? Zilch. So, in essence little that lets you make a deck from memory that will at least have a good chance of using previous strategy(s) learned, to win with. OK, a change in attitude is required for people like me to play. To sail off on a new ship 'Gwent II', with a definite learning curve, to play ranked to .... what ever it is you are sailing for. Well, the shock is over, the art is good. The play is on. I hope your vision is worth the time investment. For Geralt's sake, I'll give it a try.

I have comment here for the first time. I love Gwent, and I was looking forwad to the homecoming update. However, the game changed wayyyy too much. It is my understanding that when a game is in beta that the developers use it to see what the players like and would like to see in the final release. So, I am very, very curious to know why the game has changed drastically. No 3 rows, no feel of uniquiness between the factions, all the cards abilities have been changed, manual execution of cards abilities......were beta players really asking for all these???

I for one, surely was not.

I do love the graphics, and I think it would have been appropriate for Thronebreake as a completely different game, but CDPR should have kept gwent as it was.
No, this was the only beta I've ever seen or been apart of where everything the community wanted was removed and the one thing they hated (rng) was increased. We should have another beta since this is a different game

thi
What really enrages me is that CDPR is acting like all this is normal and no big deal. I remember reading a post here that advertised HC as a "fast paced" card game ... WHO ARE YOU FOOLING! I am trying to overlook the fact that I spent hundreds of dollars on a game that you deliberately killed for this crap I didn't pay for. (It is a hard lesson learned. Never ever spend money on a beta game.) All that is putting me on a fence thinking to sue CDPR for false advertisement.

It is just incomprehensible that you spent 2 years to test a game just to change it to something new and start over. What's the point of all that beta? HC is unbalanced and incomplete. Despite the fact, you released HC as if it's the final Gwent after the beta. It is incomprehensible that CDPR, a company that cares for their games, did this to Gwent and their fans.

This is the last post I'll ever make about Gwent. GOOD BYE. I may login to check out the arts and stuffs and maybe play a match once a week or month. You have lost a customer.

this is exactly right, thank god I ONLY discovered this game 2 weeks ago and spent 20$. I was hooked on this game at first draw of the cards but now its takes twice the time to play a match and the cards are completely revamped

I humbly believe that they will reconsider this big mistake and revamp the game until console release date. Unfortunately, this is too different from the game I really enjoyed.

Its just me reporting that i made good on my promise. I bought both Thronebreaker and some packs although i did not need any as i had a full collection.
- game looks awesome
- the new progression system and achievements are great

What i dont like is that the cards are dark, the colors muted
the cards are mostly boost by 1-2 damage by 1-2. I really hope with a little time there will be more interesting mechanics added.

No, this was the only beta I've ever seen or been apart of where everything the community wanted was removed and the one thing they hated (rng) was increased. We should have another beta since this is a different game

Exactly, I really would not have minded this new change for Thronebreaker, would have been something on the side. But I actually loaded my old Witcher 3 game just so I could play some original Gwent. Who Knows, lets see if CDPR will do anything about it (doubting it though).

I don't even really know what this game is.

- Broken mechanic of "best deal wins" more obvious than ever before.
- Two rows is as bad as feared; Geralt:Igni is now OP, Schirru completely worthless (you can't boost him tactically)
- Is it a card game? Why's it a battlefield? Why is the leader moving about - what's that got to do with cards? Gwent isn't Witcher, it's a game in that universe - no longer feels like it, at all, I'm not emotionally involved anymore.
- That leads to a lack of feeling like you have a "hearty hankering for Gwent". I'd sort of understand if everything was in 3d, a bit like Chess I suppose, but half of it's a battlefield, the rest is putting cards down! It's just...odd.
- Weird Mulligan system depending on leader is odd
- Capping cards in hand is confusing
- Weather effects 'running out after doing 8 damage' is just stupid, and wrong.
- Some cards are already looking woefully OP; Aglais the main one
- Do not understand at all the point of 'delays' in card actions, it just doesn't make sense - could there be a worse card than the Cow?!
- Gold/Bronze only makes zero sense.
- Ruehin's rules need rewriting, as it doesn't stipulate he only comes back from graveyard for one round
- Phoenix needs redoing; it makes absolutely no sense at all why you can lose R1 with Phoenix, then in R2 it's an "artefact" but if you then resurrect it (after oppo pass) to retain card parity/advantage, you have to play a card as well. Utterly nonsensical.
- The death of Imlerith will be mourned heavily. Was a great card to play/compete against, just a pointless nothing now.
- Too much boost spam in NR already.

Fixing the coin toss with a free five points is ok. Applying nominal values to the cards makes some sense too. But a lot of it is pointless, you still have about 60% of cards per faction that won't be used, there's very little synergy to be derived from anywhere.

Sorry, CDPR, I really appreciate the effort, it's just not for me. I'll persevere a bit more but can't see it lasting.

maybe I'm doing something wrong here, but in the Shop, when I try to buy the "Starter Pack", it also takes me to the screen to purchase the "Launch Celebration Pack".
so how can you buy the "Starter Pack" and what's in it?

I don't even really know what this game is.

1) Broken mechanic of "best deal wins" more obvious than ever before.
2) Two rows is as bad as feared; Geralt:Igni is now OP, Schirru completely worthless (you can't boost him tactically)
3) Is it a card game? Why's it a battlefield? Why is the leader moving about - what's that got to do with cards? Gwent isn't Witcher, it's a game in that universe - no longer feels like it, at all, I'm not emotionally involved anymore.
4) That leads to a lack of feeling like you have a "hearty hankering for Gwent". I'd sort of understand if everything was in 3d, a bit like Chess I suppose, but half of it's a battlefield, the rest is putting cards down! It's just...odd.
5) Weird Mulligan system depending on leader is odd
6) Capping cards in hand is confusing
7) Weather effects 'running out after doing 8 damage' is just stupid, and wrong.
8) Some cards are already looking woefully OP; Aglais the main one
9) Do not understand at all the point of 'delays' in card actions, it just doesn't make sense - could there be a worse card than the Cow?!
10) Gold/Bronze only makes zero sense.
11) Ruehin's rules need rewriting, as it doesn't stipulate he only comes back from graveyard for one round
12) Phoenix needs redoing; it makes absolutely no sense at all why you can lose R1 with Phoenix, then in R2 it's an "artefact" but if you then resurrect it (after oppo pass) to retain card parity/advantage, you have to play a card as well. Utterly nonsensical.
13) The death of Imlerith will be mourned heavily. Was a great card to play/compete against, just a pointless nothing now.
14) Too much boost spam in NR already.

Fixing the coin toss with a free five points is ok. Applying nominal values to the cards makes some sense too. But a lot of it is pointless, you still have about 60% of cards per faction that won't be used, there's very little synergy to be derived from anywhere.

Sorry, CDPR, I really appreciate the effort, it's just not for me. I'll persevere a bit more but can't see it lasting.
1) Always been like this. Guess why people often saved the wincon for r3 and why people abused CA to no end
2) Two rows feel fantastic. And Gigni is so OP i've seen it once in two days.
3) Personal preference. Before was dull and boring, now it's way more better looking. It's supposed to represent a battlefield, and i'm sorry you don't like it but there is no turning back soooo
4) Why it's odd?
5) It's a balancing mechanic, thus not odd at all
6) No it's not. You can't have more than 10 cards. I think this is not an hard concept to grasp.
7) It's not stupid neither wrong. As far i'm aware fog and snow don't last forever, not even in the witcher world. So why should it happen on gwent? Weather is perfectly balanced now.
8) Isn't a bit too early to call cards OP? And i've never seen Aglais played between PTR and those two days of live game.
9) The point is that instant value leads to point slam. Thus order was introduced. You want an instant value? You get less points, or the card costs way more in provisions.
10) It was in the original W3 gwent, so i don't know what are you talking about
11) Deathwish changed ages ago. It will never carryover between rounds.
12) It's simply a carryover, but it doesn't even give you card advantage since you need to play a card in order to transform it. It's fine the way it is. And artifact hate do exists, put it in your deck.
13) Good riddance you mean.
14) Which is what happened before as well?

Well, thank you for literally destroying gwent...i dont know why did u guys killed gwent but u should be ashamed...
im so sorry but i cannot put this in another way: homecoming is a garbage, a piece of junk(except for the artwork of course), words fail to describe how sad i am now...ive just lost my favourite game that i played every day!!!!every day i said!!!
because of the witcher series i bought everything u guys created, i supported gwent as well, but i feel betrayed, so i decided from now on i wont buy any of ur games until u give back gwent!

Just a random thank you to the devs and remember that despite the gloom here tens of thousand people still play and enjoy gwent everyday. Keep up!

Just a random thank you to the devs and remember that despite the gloom here tens of thousand people still play and enjoy gwent everyday. Keep up!

Just a random reminder that despite the gloom tens of thousand people stopped playing Gwent after Midwinter and tens of thousand people never returned to Gwent after it become Thronebreaker Multiplayer.

Must admit I've already uninstalled. The silver lining of this is that in doing so I got rid of GOG Galaxy as well. Homecoming is a severe misnomer for this update. It's simply a different game now.

Hi guys.
I have a question. I have bought a lot of kegs during the beta and now my question is, Did the cards I've bought in beta have been deleted or I still own them?

Did the cards I've bought in beta have been deleted or I still own them?

If you opened the kegs during beta, then the cards have been milled for full scrap value. If you didn't open the kegs, they are still intact but contain Homecoming cards.

u should be ashamed

It's their game, they made it the way they want. They shouldn't be ashamed just because you say so.

i supported gwent as well, but i feel betrayed, so i decided from now on i wont buy any of ur games until u give back gwent!

Meanwhile in cdpr- "Cyberpunk may not sell well because some Gwent player got 'betrayed' and will not buy the game..... woo scary! Quick, we must roll back the changes!" :LOL:

Just a random reminder that despite the gloom tens of thousand people stopped playing Gwent after Midwinter and tens of thousand people never returned to Gwent after it become Thronebreaker Multiplayer.
People move on in their life choice every single day, no need to mourn them. Let them enjoy what they are enjoying now meanwhile we are enjoying homecoming gwent. If you don't, you may end up like those that leave, and that's completly fine.

It's their game, they made it the way they want. They shouldn't be ashamed just because you say so.

Meanwhile in cdpr- "Cyberpunk may not sell well because some Gwent player got 'betrayed' and will not buy the game..... woo scary! Quick, we must roll back the changes!" :LOL:

say what u want, cdpr betrayed not just me, but a whole community, we loved them not only because The Witcher series but because of gwent as well...now they have butchered their own child for this abomination called "homecoming"...
and yes, sacrificing their many fans and customers for this nonsense will have consequences...

Last edited by a moderator:
say what u want, cdpr betrayed not just me, but a whole community, we loved them not only because The Witcher series but because of gwent as well...now they have butchered their own child for this abomination called "homecoming"...
and yes, sacrificing their many fans and customers for this nonsense will have consequences...
A whole community? You should learn to talk only for yourself and not for others.

Top Bottom