Hd7970 ?

+
Hd7970 ?

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this but...

I wish to know if someone is already playing TW2 on a Radeon HD 7970 ? :confused:

It`s possible but the worldwide release date is Monday the 9th so i`m quite sure you`ll see a few around but at a price of 500 USD i don`t think you`ll see so many right off the bat .

Hello there:

I bought the witcher 2 via steam. I got two Sapphire HD 7970. I run the game with no problems in ultra settings. If I try to run the game with my cards overclocked (no matter if a little overclock speed), the game freeze and crash my PC. I think is a driver problem with in the game, cause I run other games overclocked with great results; but the game runs great at stock clock speeds.

This game depends on absolute stability of the CPU and GPU. Any overclocking impairs that stability, and this game is more sensitive to it than many "torture tests" used to prove overclocks.

If the game performs correctly at stock clocks, there is neither a defect in your cards nor in the game.

nesterpr said:
Sure, thanks. The game running fine, but the drivers of the 7970 still in it infancy.

I'm sure the drivers will be better with the time. This is the first card with the new AMD architecture.
And what about the noise?
Is noisy under stress?

Under normal stress, are not noisy. Only went 90 to 99 percent of fan speed, the cards sounds like a jet engine.

I was actually about to try the game with my new rig, but I get these black flickering lines all over the screen when I run in fullscreen. No idea if this is related to my 7970 but I'm guessing it is.
If anyone is familliar with the problem I'd appreciate some help.

No problems whatsoever using highest settings at stock speed, except "ubersampling" enabled. I'm running at 16*10 2560*1600 with VSYNC enabled locked at 60 FPS. I can run with "ubersampling" enabled but the fps drop to 45-50. If I disable VSYNC, the game freeze and then crash.

Sideras said:
I was actually about to try the game with my new rig, but I get these black flickering lines all over the screen when I run in fullscreen. No idea if this is related to my 7970 but I'm guessing it is.
If anyone is familliar with the problem I'd appreciate some help.

Vsync enabled? If not, try enabling it.

Top Bottom