Hopes and dreams for Cyberpunk 2077?

+
Hopes and dreams for Cyberpunk 2077?

Hello all Cyberpunk fans,
I'm new to the forum and I wondered what would you want in Cyberpunk 2077?

After Witcher 3 I have one question about Cyberpunk 2077.

where is the preoder button on steam included the season pass? Please kidnapped me in your next adventure!!! God i can not wait! Game of the year 2015 Witcher 3 and I hope of 2016(2017) is Cyberpunk 2077. Yes i am a fanboy but good work deserves praise!

where is the preoder button on steam included the season pass? Please kidnapped me in your next adventure!!! God i can not wait! Game of the year 2015 Witcher 3 and I hope of 2016(2017) is Cyberpunk 2077. Yes i am a fanboy but good work deserves praise!

Yeah I can't wait either.XD

But I am gonna wait 1-2 days till reviews come out before I get the game.

Idk I just want to make sure my money doesn't get wasted on it.

Also got to build my gaming computer before but I'm low on money.XD

If Cyberpunk 2077 ends up being half amazing as Witcher(and it will be because in CD Projekt we trust ;) ) then I'm putting CD Projekt's logo on my shrine as new God and only gaming company I will ever care about and there shall be story of "CD Projekt is love, CD Projekt is life 2".

~So once second I will be right back, I just need to say my prayers to CD Projekt's shrine lol

Agreed, after Dragon Age Inquisition and Mass Effect 3, Bioware is dead.

I loved Skyrim, although its levelling system is so broken that I need a cheat to bypass it (have no idea what they were thinking there), but as for Fallout 4, although I never bought it all the reviews and gameplay videos I saw tell me its about as watered down as an RPG can get. They were obviosuly going for the CoD crowd with that one, and I sure am gladd I bought Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void instead. But the point is I have my concerns as to where Bethesda is going at the moment.

That basically leaves Cd Project as the only one around other than the Indie developers. Allthough I have never played Witcher 2 and 3 (I recently bought them all at sale and am playing the first one), I have to admit that ever since I learned about this game a few months ago I have been clamoring for as much info as I can get. I even looked up all the pen and papepr rules and it looks like a great game.

If they try to stick with htose rules rather than go for CoD Cyberpunk, and I think they will, Cyberpunk 2077 can go down in history with Planescape Torment, Baldurs' Gate, Dragon Age: Origins and Ultima 7 as one of the top RPGs of all time.

CD Projekt RED is not our only hope

We've got Cloud Imperium Games:

Squadron 42, (single player, 2016):

[video=youtube;ZjSXcdvd-ME]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjSXcdvd-ME[/video]

Star Citizen Alpha 2.0 LIVE (MMO, no release date yet)

I love The Witcher saga. I've got all 3, but it aims to consoles, so it's ingame graphics quality will never match CGI quality of a teaser. Since CIG is not making SQ42 with consoles in mind, is PC exclusive, ingame graphics quality is par CGI quality. In fact the teasers above are old versions since are already improved (Bishop's speech has already 3 iterations of improvement so now looks even better).

Forum veteran
Eh, I'm not a fan of putting developers on a pedestal. It only gives them a license to cut corners, and I suspect that the steady fall of devs like Bioware, Bethesda, Square-Enix, and others comes down to the same basic cycle: gamers become disillusioned with their then-favorite dev, find another who treats them better, and then become so fanatical about them that said developer counts on support no matter what and then doesn't live up to their previous standards because making good games is hard (doubly so when you're trying to appeal to both your new fans and old fans), causing many gamers to become disillusioned with them and move on. Rinse and repeat.

So I respect CDPR enough to recognize that the half-naked-but-nearly-invincible bandits in Witcher 3 were stupid. The whole leveling system wasn't handled as well as it could have been, and it penalized you for visiting areas in the "incorrect" order. They can, have, and should do better.

The whole leveling system wasn't handled as well as it could have been, and it penalized you for visiting areas in the "incorrect" order. They can, have, and should do better.

I don't know about "should" - I certainly felt I got my money's worth, many times over.

I think they certainly could have done better and it's really details like the levelling system and the bandits - and the not-terribly-deep sense of connection to the world - that made W3 a great game, but not quite a masterpiece.

Also, yeah. Never put developers on a pedestal. They are artists, not gods. Anyone can screw up or make just one great product. Evaluate, test, judge for yourself.

Fan-ism. Within limits, it's fun. Past those reasonable limits, it's encumbering.

Forum veteran
I don't know about "should" - I certainly felt I got my money's worth, many times over.
Same; I meant "should" as in "they should strive to avoid those same kinds of annoying elements in 2077." Not disparaging Witcher 3*—I just think they should be expected to grow from here and find a way of having certain enemies be powerful in a less game-y way than random damage sponges. Especially since they managed to avoid it in the second game.

*Though I will have the head of whoever decided removing traps was a good idea. I'll disparage the crap out of whoever made that decision.

Forum veteran
You have a crossbow now! No need for such primitive frippery.
Not just any crossbow, either, but a magical one that's instantly deadly in the water, defying both physics and common sense in equal measure. Geralt really should have carried around a bucket of water. Eredin wouldn't had stood a chance.

Still, primitive or not, I missed putting down 30 snare traps and luring bosses onto them for insta-kills. Witcher 2 was just so, so good at letting you be a creative douchebag to enemies. I want that kind of outside-the-box stuff back for 2077. Especially if there's multiplayer and I can use it against all of you.

Yeah, after the least few serious disappointments CDPR is about the only developer I have any faith in any more.
Umm ...
Wait ...
**Joins @IMadeYouReadThis at his/her shrine.**

Yes I'm in same boat, in fact I got burned lately with every game that wasn't TW3. MGS5 incomplete thanks to whole "Konami firing Kojima" case, DA:I I got sold completely different game from one that I was shown and promised(Pretty much Watchdog's case), Fallout 4 is also disappointing to me, SW:Batllefront sucks in every aspect that isn't "amazing graphics", Just Cause 3....still prefer Just Cause 2 over it way better not to mention it was poorly ported to PC, AC:U lol more like glitch game and AC:S didn't even bother to buy because I'm sick of all AC games, GTA5 same case as AC I mean I did bought GTA5 and liked it but if there is GTA6 to be then I'm not buying because as I said just like AC and Final Fantasy games...I'm sick of GTA franchise.

That is why if I'm to buy and risk with pre-order I rather will buy games from company that cares about their game and that makes them however they wish not caring what minority or some angry feminist will say and this comes from woman herself that is sick of feminist bs of "Sexy women are wrong" I mean last I checked it wasn't like males in video games were represented in realistic way as well, because not every man in world has ripped body as well, so I see no issues with women having voluptuous body and being unrealistically beautiful, because if I'm to have some female strong character that is going to represent my gender then I prefer her to be sexy Goddess all the way because that is proof that woman can be both sexy and strong, unlike stereotype that only "manly" looking girls can be strong ones, I seriously find that feminist logic way more sexist bs of of pretty women can't be strong because beautiful women in feminists eyes are just objects for man, you have to be "manly" looking girl in order to be taken seriously. Lol who is real sexist now, bloody feminazis.

But unlike -coughs- BW - coughs- and other companies that care what insane feminazi says, CDRP doesn't care and is not afraid to make both kickass woman that is also going to be sexy as well.

That is why CDRP is love, CDRP is life <3

Last edited:
But unlike -coughs- BW - coughs- and other companies that care what insane feminazi says, CDRP doesn't care and is not afraid to make both kickass woman that is also going to be sexy as well.

That is why CDRP is love, CDRP is life <3

I'm in the same boat. As long as the females in a game aren't portrayed solely as mindless eye candy I could care less how they're (almost) dressed.
It's a game, 95% of ANY game has nothing to do with real life.

And being a retired female US Marine turned computer programmer (with an appropriate income) I also find most feminazi's amusing at best, annoying most of the time.

Last edited:
So I respect CDPR enough to recognize that the half-naked-but-nearly-invincible bandits in Witcher 3 were stupid. The whole leveling system wasn't handled as well as it could have been, and it penalized you for visiting areas in the "incorrect" order. They can, have, and should do better.

Uh?
No, that's actually how to do an open world RPG.
Level scaling is retarded.

it penalized you for visiting areas in the "incorrect" order. Yes. As it was in Gothic. As it was in New Vegas. As it always should be.

Uh?
No, that's actually how to do an open world RPG.
Level scaling is retarded.

it penalized you for visiting areas in the "incorrect" order. Yes. As it was in Gothic. As it was in New Vegas. As it always should be.

is this "should be" just because that's how it was in older games?
part of the problem (at least for me) wasn't the non-scaling level system, it was the inconsistency. the same enemy could absolutely wreck you or run away with its tail between its legs. and the former wasn't reflected at all by how the enemy looked. (neither was the latter, but that was a less noticeable problem).
the other part is with non-scaling, and that's the absolute loss of pacing and impact. if you go into a quest that's supposed to have epic fights over-leveled (much like I did with the ice giant on skellige) then the reaction you have afterwards is "huh, that could have been fun", instead of "wow, I just beat this challenging enemy". I don't feel like that's the mark of a good system.

@lord_blex I don't like level scaling because of the simple fact that every "type" of enemy tries to challenge you nearly the same, regardless of your "experience". After years of training in combat, your character is challenged the same by a wolf or something, even though he/she should just yawn and take care of that, at that point. Only thing that changes that being the items, of course. This completely undermines the "gaining experience" concept, in my opinion (Now you can argue Geralt should not "gain" any more experience at this point, but that goes down the road of "The game might have been too bland without experience progress" and so on, so I am not going into that).

Now I agree with you on one concept though: The same named enemy with same equipments (a half naked bandit, in this case) should not challenge you that much differently, based on its level. What I mean is, this lowly bandit should maybe have versions of let's say between levels 5-8 (for example). If a bandit actually would "challenge" our hero when he is really seasoned, and highly leveled, that bandit should have a significantly different look. I don't know, better equipped, slightly different tactics and animations and so on. And - to me - this does not prove to be an issue with "level scaling or non-level scaling", but more in terms of "having different models for higher level characters" (at least, animations and whatnot can be added or not for extra effect). Like, I get that designers don't want me to go to that point of the world at this time, but at least don't make the enemy that challenges me there a bland drowner that is level 40! :) At least have the decency to put a golem there or something :)

Top Bottom