Hotfix 1.12

+
Really hoping to hear about whether or not a fix for HDR is in the works :( No matter what setting you use, the HDR image has elevated black levels and terrible contrast as demonstrated in this video

Sorry, but I can't take comparing Larian to CDPR seriously, especially while Larian is currently butchering my favourite IP of all time in their shitty turn-based abattoir.

CP2077 launch was blown out of proportion by a fanbase who expected to have their places tickled by divine intervention and ended up with a piece of software that did almost everything, but not all, that it promised instead. CDPR absolutely made it clear that the game wasn't ready in the language of their continual delay postings, but people chose not to read the words and instead complained about the wait. No sympathy for that kind of anger towards the game.

I was there for the Anarchy Online launch. I beta'd for them. I bought the game launch day, and suffered through 6 months of ACTUAL unplayable game before FunCom managed to fix things enough to make it playable, and begin work on fixing the rest. AO became one of the greatest MMO of all time, and FunCom today is one of the most respected publishers/developers in gaming history. CDPR is on the same page as FunCom, and anyone who thinks otherwise isn't applying critical thought to the whole situation, they are just reacting.

1) BG is also my favorite IP of all time, I cannot remember how many times I have finished the first two games. I have also read the book, even if it wasn't high literature (at least compared to other Forgotten Realms gems).
You seem however to miss the point about approach to the fanbase/consumer - I personally believe that CDPR deliberately took a calculated risk at launching an incomplete game (trying to catch a wave maybe...?) rather than be honest in their education to the final user/consumer.

I would have preferred any day to have had them launch the game in early 2020 as early release, full of bugs and let them exploit the user feedback to make haste on bug fixing and adding content, rather than see this execution come live the way it did. Giving the right to people to know if they want to pay for what one sells in an accurately described way is always good practice in my book, I cannot speak for other's preferences though.

In a way it did not feel right, according to CDPRs claims about being gamers for gamers - the marketing/executive team did seem to have taken the upper hand here and eventually made the development team look weak, when it doesn't seem to be the case. At least the apology remedied some of that. And I repeat, I have not been affected as others, same as you.

2) I enjoyed DOS2 very much and the game was very much helped by its past early access period to become a paradigm for good management and a successful official launch. That they use it as a base to build BG3 is just too early for me to say if I will like it eventually or just ignore it and go back at playing DOS2. That is beside this discussion, though. I still feel honored they let me choose not to pay up-front by being sincere that BG3 is still incomplete.

3) Anarchy online was launched way back in time, not the same amount of fanbase serving as potential testers nor many Kickstarter/crowd-funding options being really available options at the time. The gaming industry was not a multi-billion $ industry just yet. Good that people like you helped back then - the logistics here however suggest that in this case (CP2077) a better management could have brought a very different result. We will never know... so we will participate at fixing this - this doesn't mean that a little criticism wouldn't help as well :)

hmm a 0 byte update on Steam... this really a hotfix? i do see your vers changed from 1.11 to 1.12... but will things improve?

Spoileralert!

New gamebreaking bug!

In mission: forward to death
Before entering the tunnel you need to kill 20 enemies. At a point massive framerate drop. And the most fustrating one : when life of enemy is zero they don't die.😅🤣
So your in an endless fight who has the most bullets.

Please can you fix the issues with picking up items. I am on PC and I am playing as nomad
for just few items that are not pickable? wow
hmm a 0 byte update on Steam... this really a hotfix? i do see your vers changed from 1.11 to 1.12... but will things improve?
it's a quickfix for the issue on code execution. doesn't need to be 10 gb right?
Post automatically merged:

Spoileralert!

New gamebreaking bug!

In mission: forward to death
Before entering the tunnel you need to kill 20 enemies. At a point massive framerate drop. And the most fustrating one : when life of enemy is zero they don't die.😅🤣
So your in an endless fight who has the most bullets.
save - reset - try

anyone else having problems with this patch not installing?
GOG launcher downloaded it, but it's stuck on "installing 92% - applying patches".
Stopped for 20 mins now.
I cannot close launcher to restart.
Disk space is fine.

---- Update
Still not completing.
No mods installed.

I cannot cancel the patch.
If I kill the launcher and restart it's still at 92%.
I can start the game directly without the launcher - it reports as 1.11.

Last edited:
Hello, complete Noob here.

Okay, colour me stupid BUT where's the button to actually down load th patch?

Or is it just getting done automativally behind the scenes?

cheers.

Hello, complete Noob here.

Okay, colour me stupid BUT where's the button to actually down load th patch?

Or is it just getting done automativally behind the scenes?

cheers.
Where did you purchase the game, steam or gog?

Since I patched 1.12 today (using the GOG-Version), the game freezes for about 4 seconds, works 4 seconds, freezes again and so on. The game is unplayable. What a shame! That's just right, punctually on a Friday evening, a free funny gaming weekend in sight. Also, I haven't had a sound since patch 1.12. :( Played about 50 hours so far, until yesterday it runs without bigger issues.

I'm pretty perplexed right now. Any advice?

My Hardware: AMD 5600x, Radeon 6800xt, 32gb DDR4-3600mhz/cl16, 1TB SSD pcie4
do you have any mods installed?

I would like to know this as well.

what is "offline update " ?

nevermind I found it: "Offline System Update (OSU) process allows you to update by downloading a file to a USB flash drive and then installing that file directly "

Great, mine is still stuck at 3% and I restarted Galaxy 3 times, will there be an offline download any time soon? Galaxy has been fucking up my updates as of late!

anyone else having problems with this patch not installing?
GOG launcher downloaded it, but it's stuck on "installing 92% - applying patches".
Stopped for 20 mins now.
I cannot close launcher to restart.
Disk space is fine.
Yeah, mine was stuck at applying patches for nearly an hour, I then restarted it 4 times and it's still stuck at 3%, I guess I'll have to wait for an offline download to be posted!

Last edited:
Top Bottom