How CDPR managed to have a nearly 30fps locks on Xbox?

+
How CDPR managed to have a nearly 30fps locks on Xbox?

Hi all,
The game is after 1.05 patch, a praticly locked 30fps!
The game is smooth in every situation now.
No stutter anymore also, riding horse is smooth as hell!
No dips in Novigrad even when storming, even the velen swamps when storming is like 27/28fps which is so minor that most of people won't notice!
No texture loading issue... No pnj pop in...
The game is a technical marvel on xbox one, even if the system isn't a power beast!
Honestly the game is so polished that i don't need 1.07...
So i have to agree, CDPR programers are true SHAMAN!! At least on xbox one...

900p that's why!

But yes, it's a marvel indeed.

Do you mean to say that compared to before with unlocked framerate between 30-40 compared to now full 30, it's better now? I think yes variable framerate is bad in this game.

The witcher 3 on xbox one is a real "tour de force"!
Gigantic and fantastic world, incredible ligthning, no aliasing and praticly no dips is a crazy achievment for the xbox, 900p is good sometimes!

Honestly, between 1080p and 900p, you gain about 33% performance going from the former to the latter.

Again, it is a very good achievement. Compared to the PS4 version which has issues keeping at 30fps due to the 1080p res.

Yeah, same here, so glad the game is so good, so beautiful and so smooth on Xbox, 900p isn't something i notice, dips below 30fps and to low 20's as on ps4 is much more noticeable.
When i had it on ps4, there were also a lot of loading textures issue and npc pop in, in addition to framerate problem all these issue are not on xbox.
Also what is curious is that cut scenes are perfectly smooth at 30fps AND 1080p on xbox but struggle at same rez and framerate on ps4...

Those cutscenes might take advantage from the esram. 150 MHz advantage on the cpu for the xbox one might make a difference also in keeping the overall fps steady and there's the difference between the software libraries.

Can't help but think that the 150 MHz difference in the cpu is something that requires a lot of attention when considering how many variables there must be in the nature of the 'open worldness'. I mean it is something that can't be adjusted by changing a few graphical settings; That said, changing the amount of npc:s should make a difference.

Anyway my guess is that the PS4 requires more tweaking because of the slower cpu and not (only) because of the resolution.

Yes, you've got a point with cpu, those 150mhz helped a lot in a lot of open world like ACU, Gta5 and now TW3.
In every case, this is a stunning achievment for xbox one, even the part where u have to rescue a guy in a horses house while everything burning is 30fps locked since 1.05!

Top Bottom