How is the economy?

+
Hi, a returning player here. I wanted to ask, is it worth coming back to this game? Is it pay-to-win, can you make competitive decks reliably only by playing free and so on.

4RM3D

Ex-moderator
The game still remains generous and a F2P player can still make a competitive deck fairly quickly. There are a few things that have changed, though.

The most important change is that you can no longer craft premium cards with scraps. This, however, does not affect the gameplay. Another change is that you get reward points now, which can be spend in the reward book for ore/scraps/powder and cosmetics. Two minors things are that you are no longer able to scrap cards in the base set, but you don't really want to anyhow and that cards whose provision costs have been increased, are no longer refunded.

Th economy is only bad for CDPR, they can´t milk players like Blizzard with Gwent rewards sistem. But they are ok with that, so its fine. :p

The only big change is the premium craft.

I came back yesterday myself.

70,000 dust, 40-50 kegs

But the entire game has been ruined. I cant find a single notable unique mechanic in the game.
Consume, Reveal, Spy, what few other mechanics survived whatever mechanics purge happened in the time I was gone, are now too weak to make a deck around. Maybe you play a little around something, get 1 or 2 more points of value from a card, not even worth calling an interesting mechanic.

[...]
But the entire game has been ruined. I cant find a single notable unique mechanic in the game.
Consume, Reveal, Spy, what few other mechanics survived whatever mechanics purge happened in the time I was gone, are now too weak to make a deck around. Maybe you play a little around something, get 1 or 2 more points of value from a card, not even worth calling an interesting mechanic.
Comparing homecoming to the Gwent before it is an unfair comparison.
What they changed is the entire frame, rather than (as before) just the cards in the frame.
Give it time, they also needed time before and will likely get it done somewhat soon with expansions.

The initial 2 formats were a horrible mess and the game kept improving from update to update.
They had to add cards into the new frame and now have to build the game around it, that is unlikely to succeed right away (without adjustments).

Lexor

Forum veteran
As a player who started Gwent after HC release I've just started to struggle with materials.

I'm still missing many key gold cards for four faction and have only about 500 scraps left.

I use my own rule to craft only legendary cards as the other golds (epics) are much more common.

As a player who started Gwent after HC release I've just started to struggle with materials.

I'm still missing many key gold cards for four faction and have only about 500 scraps left.

I use my own rule to craft only legendary cards as the other golds (epics) are much more common.

And that shows that the economy is good, as a new player you are thinking of 4 factions at the same time (Which you will solve in about 3 months playing constantly).
I play HS since I start and it still makes it difficult for me to take a single faction without putting a few $$$ or dust cards from other factions.

Lexor

Forum veteran
(Which you will solve in about 3 months playing constantly)

So far I played every day for over 3 months and I have only one faction set as "more than playable" so I do not think next 3 months will change that drastically because now even more new cards are incoming with expansion.

So far I played every day for over 3 months and I have only one faction set as "more than playable" so I do not think next 3 months will change that drastically because now even more new cards are incoming with expansion.
In the Open Beta time we had the chance to mill the changed cards for full scrap/powder value. That' makes the difference. Nobody milled cards, we waited with 9+ copies in the deck builder. And the full mill at the and of HC was really good. For the HC-only players it's more difficult to hoard scraps.

The game is not ruined, and the defend mechanic is returning in the coming expansion.

As far as P2W, that's the not the case here, but 3 months vs the actually beta release date is what renders you behind.

The grind is not so tedious, however I personally bought the $50 promo during beta and am not ashamed.

Supporting CDPR is something I stand by. This game has the door wide open and welcomes grinding however is very rewarding even for a small amount of game play.

If you think your arsenal is what's holding you back then I encourage investing ore in arena runs, and building decks with strong stand alone cards. If you're confident you can get Upwards of 3 wins per run it should pan out better for you.

You get your Keg + More then your 50 ore difference back, and all acquired GG bonuses/round win bonuses and quest perks associated with the run.

Hope this information is useful and I want to thank any and all Gwent players for continuing to contribute to the community.

Thanks.

Top Bottom