How many times have you completed The Witcher?

+
I only beat the game once so far. I am on my second play through and decided to go another route and switch my alliances as I did not like the outcome of my previous choices...This is the best RPG I have played in a long time. I cannot wait for the next installment to come out. I won't say any names, but other RPGS are pale in comparison to The Witcher series...

@jolietjakeMay I ask what faction you sided with? Order, Scoia'tael or neutral?@CoryleaA bloedzuiger? Is there anything I can do do convince you to make Vilgefortz into the master villain who's invented a terrible plague that is killing all in it's path. He's the main villain the Witcher saga, after all.No?Can Vilgefortz atleast be an evil druid who provides you with some poisonous herbs instead of medicinal ones?No?Can he atleast be a high vampire?N...no?Er....Alright...Bloedzuiger it is then.

I completed the Witcher about four times, always in the neutral way :D. Once I tried it for the elves but I didn´t finnish. When I started playing I was determined to play it in a new way, but I couldn´t force myself, it just didn´t feel right :D :D

It is hard to play the different paths, but I think its worth it, especially with a few key decisions.

I agree with slim on this one as i didn`t want to side with the order but i did it twice one with Triss and the other with Shani . It gives you a different aspect or view of the game and your decisions made in the game.

Yes, it´s very hard, but you convinced me :D When I find time for it, I will play it again in a completely different way :D Great thing about the Witcher, there are three paths, but so many decisions during the story so each time you play is special and it´s almost impossible to get bored with the story :D

Freesia said:
Yes, it´s very hard, but you convinced me :D When I find time for it, I will play it again in a completely different way :D Great thing about the Witcher, there are three paths, but so many decisions during the story so each time you play is special and it´s almost impossible to get bored with the story :D
I know what you mean i`ve had this game a year and a half and have played it over and over and never get tired of it and each time i find a piece of dialogue that i never found before . I`m trying to think of a game that sucks you in like the witcher story does and i cannot think of a single one...no newer games anyway .

Tommy said:
I know what you mean i`ve had this game a year and a half and have played it over and over and never get tired of it and each time i find a piece of dialogue that i never found before . I`m trying to think of a game that sucks you in like the witcher story does and i cannot think of a single one...no newer games anyway .
I've had this game for three years, and I've had trouble playing any other RPG's in all that time, because nothing is as good as The Witcher. While I do love the game, I'm sort of sad that it's SO good that it makes it hard to play any other game. (Or at least, any other RPG; playing games in a very different genre is more possible.)I've played Chapter 1 something like 15 times, and in all of those times, I've never been able to give Abigail to the mob. Those people at CDPR, they're really good at making the situation so compelling that you have to follow your heart.

Corylea said:
Corylea said:
I've had this game for three years, and I've had trouble playing any other RPG's in all that time, because nothing is as good as The Witcher. While I do love the game, I'm sort of sad that it's SO good that it makes it hard to play any other game. (Or at least, any other RPG; playing games in a very different genre is more possible.)I've played Chapter 1 something like 15 times, and in all of those times, I've never been able to give Abigail to the mob. Those people at CDPR, they're really good at making the situation so compelling that you have to follow your heart.
Exactly, I was convincing myself " it´s only a game " and it would be a shame not to try anything new, but at the key points it felt so wrong to change my " usual " decisions :D my heart was saying "it´ s not right, that´s not the proper way to do it" :D I also find a new dialogue fragments that surprise and entartain me. The complexity of the game is realy incredible and challenging :D About other RPGs, all of them just fell a step back, because the witcher is one of the best game ever for me. The only game I was able to play is Diablo II: The lord of destruction, which I completed like 30 times, also never get bored with it and which is really a heart matter for me :D With the witcher I found myself staying up late untill almost morning unable to stop playing :D the same way it happend to me with Diablo, or with my other heart matter Heroes III...Another plus are according to me the books on which is hero based, because it was also amazing to see the witcher´s world come to a life in such a vivid and believable way...

In other RPG's, I have a much easier time assuming a role and experiencing it vicariously. I'll play a good guy, a bad guy, whatever. In The Witcher, this separation between me and the character almost doesn't exist, so even though Geralt is a fixed pc, I feel the game is more personal. It kinda crawls inside your head.~edit

Definitely, it´s not like your character does something, but YOU do it, and then you have to deal with all the consequences :DAnd the typical good or bad side - it´s out of question in this game. Not a single decision is easy or all good or bad...

Orochi82 said:
A random question, but also the the mark of a great game. How many times have you completed it?
I dunno... Many times. I lost count. The Witcher never gets old for some reason.
Indeed, one different decision and you never know where it will lead you. The main story stays, but the backgroung is so rich. It´s not only something to fill the complete picture but you also give a damn about it :D

I came to this game late, so I only have four complete games, and I'm on my fifth. I'll have two different Neutral/Hard endgames ready to start TW2 from.

I just finished an Order game with Shani as LI. I think I preferred the Scoia'tael ending from my last game...Now to start a neutral game! :D

drakontion said:
I just finished an Order game with Shani as LI. I think I preferred the Scoia'tael ending from my last game...Now to start a neutral game! :D
I find it interesting that there's important information that the player gets, which differs depending on which side they're on. For example, if you side with the Scoia'tael in Chapter 4, at the beginning of Chapter 5, Zoltan tells you that
The Order has begun killing nonhuman women and children.
If you play on Neutral, you never hear this information, so you never realize just how bad things have gotten for the non-humans. (I haven't played the Order path, but I'm assuming something similar -- only a Scoia'tael atrocity instead of an Order atrocity -- happens on that path, too.)

You're right, you do get different information. The Order was really made to sound like a Bad Idea. I ended up with something like a bad taste in my mouth from having associated with them. I don't remember getting any news of Scoia'tael atrocities in that playthrough, but I don't doubt they were there. They're definitely not solely confined to one side.I also found it really hard to have the non-humans hate me. For example, after spending a game where I was best buddies with Zoltan, chatting about philosophy and playing dice together, I went to a game where he hated me. Not pleasant!

drakontion said:
You're right, you do get different information. The Order was really made to sound like a Bad Idea. I ended up with something like a bad taste in my mouth from having associated with them. I don't remember getting any news of Scoia'tael atrocities in that playthrough, but I don't doubt they were there. They're definitely not solely confined to one side.I also found it really hard to have the non-humans hate me. For example, after spending a game where I was best buddies with Zoltan, chatting about philosophy and playing dice together, I went to a game where he hated me. Not pleasant!
Heh, Maybe CD RED are secretly trying to bring you to the conclusion that rasism is bad?Can't say that separatists who rather increase rasism with violence rather than decrase it, is that much better though.Well to be honest I find that to be The Witchers biggest flaw. While we get choices we have two extreme ones (in not a good way) and one "good" one. Neutral all the way!

Top Bottom