How much control do you have over what your character can wear in 2077?

+
I have some questions I wish to get answers to concerning Cyberpunk 2077. Like for instance, will you be able to choose your character's sexual orientation? And if I play as a male, will I be able to wear a thong like the female character does in the gameplay reveal video?

Yes, I happen to ask this because I am a gay guy, and I happen to enjoy seeing guys in thongs. If we get gals in thongs, why not be equal about it... you know?

Are you the same Kurvos who asked this same question on the 2077 game trailer? I guess you weren't lying when you said you'll ask this every where you can lol.

Are you the same Kurvos who asked this same question on the 2077 game trailer? I guess you weren't lying when you said you'll ask this every where you can lol.
Oh hey, are you that Bloody Phant0m guy? And yeah, I thought I might as well. XP

KurvosVicky, CDPR has confirmed that you will have freedom regarding your sexual orientation. I'm not sure how that will work regarding clothing options.

1. Welcome to the forums.

2. We have no idea and it's super unlikely CDPR will tell us.

3. We don't need to know why you're asking - or your sexuality, frankly - and it's fine that you're gay and you want to see men in thongs. Before going on the defensive in the future, wait and see what your reception is. Check the rules in my sig about treating others with kindness and respect, please.

You'll be in full control of your sexuality. Whether you'll be able to stroll around in your strips is unknown to both male and female Vs.

You'll be in full control of your sexuality. Whether you'll be able to stroll around in your strips is unknown to both male and female Vs.
Actually, it IS confirmed that - at least based on the gameplay footage - if you choose a female character, she will wear a thong. Here, this image is straight from that gameplay footage.

Attachments

• Cyberpunk 2077 thong.png
    Cyberpunk 2077 thong.png
    342.8 KB · Views: 18,541
Actually, it IS confirmed that - at least based on the gameplay footage - if you choose a female character, she will wear a thong. Here, this image is straight from that gameplay footage.
I've never been a fan of gender gated clothing options. I lost track of how many times I wanted a certain piece of cosmetic gear for one character that I had for another, but found that I either couldn't get it at all or watched it change significantly. The few times this wasn't the case were always surprising bc of how rare they are comparatively.

I do get & appreciate that there is additional effort in that you have to make sure that each piece has to look right on every variant of character model that can equip it, and while I want a million options for customization I'd rather have half as many pieces that any of my characters can use.

I've never been a fan of gender gated clothing options. I lost track of how many times I wanted a certain piece of cosmetic gear for one character that I had for another, but found that I either couldn't get it at all or watched it change significantly. The few times this wasn't the case were always surprising bc of how rare they are comparatively.

I do get & appreciate that there is additional effort in that you have to make sure that each piece has to look right on every variant of character model that can equip it, and while I want a million options for customization I'd rather have half as many pieces that any of my characters can use.
Yes, exactly! I agree with you wholeheartedly. Don't give us clothing options or haircut options or any other customization options that are gender coded. If you can have something for females, you should be allowed to have it for males as well - and vice versa.
Two big examples of when this frustrates me are in the Soul Calibur games and the WWE games. Sometimes, it doesn't even make sense. Like, new WWE games won't allow males to wear ANYTHING that reveals their buttcheeks even remotely... while the females are on the other hand allowed to wear thongs of course.

I have no idea if I can possibly get any attention from the developers of this - but I just hope it's not the case that males and females aren't allowed to wear the same sort of clothes and attire.

Ever play Saints Row? What you are looking for is in Saints Row. And I hope Cyberpunk 2077 will treat you right in a similar regard.

Yes, but we didn't see her strutting down the sidewalk in it. We saw her in the privacy of her own apartment. It could be that the V refuses to walk out of her apartment with no pants on her "culo". I'm just saying that, nothing's really confirmed.

Yes, but we didn't see her strutting down the sidewalk in it. We saw her in the privacy of her own apartment. It could be that the V refuses to walk out of her apartment with no pants on her "culo". I'm just saying that, nothing's really confirmed.

Walking around in your underwear in this game is probably as good as Geralt in a shirt and towel.

Why not ? I mean if i want that my female V go outside in high heels and stockings just in thong and in leather jacket, that is my choice.

It have nothing to do with Geralt or fantasy setting, going around in underwear is almost normal in Cyberpunk setting.

Also i am for that all cloths are acesable for both female and male character.

Eh. Doesnt affect me, so I dont have any strong opinions.

Dont see why it would be much different than a dude wearing a Speedo.

Yes, exactly! I agree with you wholeheartedly. Don't give us clothing options or haircut options or any other customization options that are gender coded. If you can have something for females, you should be allowed to have it for males as well - and vice versa.
Two big examples of when this frustrates me are in the Soul Calibur games and the WWE games. Sometimes, it doesn't even make sense. Like, new WWE games won't allow males to wear ANYTHING that reveals their buttcheeks even remotely... while the females are on the other hand allowed to wear thongs of course.

I have no idea if I can possibly get any attention from the developers of this - but I just hope it's not the case that males and females aren't allowed to wear the same sort of clothes and attire.
There are those specifics, but it also works on really basic stuff like something might look like a cool vest on a female character, but when you shift it over to male it turns into a full shirt, or a suit on a male that turns into business stripper cosplay on a female. I think we keep getting hung up on who is showing skin or if we should be able to walk around the street in lingerie, but I think it boils down to just having some really cool options for various tastes and let each of those get applied however the player sees fit (though it would be really cool if some get up that is "innapropriate" for a specific environment gets unwanted critical attention while something that is very fitting is like social camouflage, but that's a wholly different can o' worms).

Top Bottom