How to edit or remove sounds

+

Guest 2091327

How to edit or remove sounds

I can't stand barking dogs, because I have them outside my window around the clock every day of the year, so always prefer to be able to mute these things out of games. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to do that in The Witcher 2. Managed to open .fsb files, where sounds are stored, with FSB Extractor. I could then export individual sound files. But I can't find a way to remove individual sound files from the .fsb archive, or alternatively to edit the files, or replace them with quiet ones. Is it possible to do this?

I deleted some .fsb files because they contained basically just dogs barking, like animals_dog.fsb, but there are also similar files in l02_port_town.fsb, and I can't really delete this one because it looks to be the main sound effects file for Flotsam.

Does anybody know if it's possible to remove or edit individual sound files from the .fsb archives, with FSB Extractor or some other program? Alternatively, would it be possible to edit scripts themselves to disable calling the dogs barking files? Think this is what I did with Baldur's Gate, using DLTCEP (or another one, I don't recall).

Attachments

• FSB-Extractor.jpg
    FSB-Extractor.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 104
Top Bottom