How to Find Enemy Netrunners

+
I have the perk "I Spy" which says it "Reveals an enemy netrunner when they're attempting to hack you."

If I already have the enemy team pinged, they're ALL glowing red. So when I get the timer that says an enemy netrunner is trying to reveal my position, what am I looking for to show me the location and identity of the enemy netrunner so I can zero them?

Is there any way to "counterhack" to prevent them from completing their task, or is the only defense to find and kill them (which seems hard since they're probably right next to their buddies)?

It is important to remember that even if you ping the enemy their not always all in the same Network. So they can remain hidden until they upload their Hack.

With the Perk they have a Orange Outline (but only if they are uploading a quickhack to you) and with your scan active you can see them through walls.

They can spot you through Cameras and their Allied NPCs. Think they can also Legendary ping you and attack through Walls even if the LOS is broken.

If they are hacking you the only real responds you have is to
1) kill or knock them out.
2)If they spotted you through a Camera kill the Camera and hope they did not ping you yet.
3) Prepare your Meds to Counter the Quickhack.

I've still been unable to spot enemy netrunners.

If anyone has a screenshot of what it looks like when one is highlighted by the detection Perk "I Spy", that would be amazing.

There needs to be a quickhack called "counter trace" or something similar, that when you are being hacked can trace back the source of the hack and reveal the enemy netrunner. Even ping could do this if the devs wanted. You just activate ping (if you have it slotted) when attacked and it reveals the enemy location. This would also make ping more useful in eating up a slot in the cyberdeck.

There needs to be a quickhack called "counter trace" or something similar, that when you are being hacked can trace back the source of the hack and reveal the enemy netrunner. Even ping could do this if the devs wanted. You just activate ping (if you have it slotted) when attacked and it reveals the enemy location. This would also make ping more useful in eating up a slot in the cyberdeck.

I think that the original design intent was a counterhacking system. Presenting the player with an alert and a timer “YOUR POSITION IS BEING REVEALED!” seems like a call to action.

My first thought was “Oh, there must be a countermeasure quickhack. So when I am getting traced I need to quickly open my quick hacks and deploy that to stop the attack before the timer runs out.” It would take a slot in my deck and mean I needed to decide if I wanted to allocate a slot to defense, which is a nice strategy decision for a player.

And that seems like pretty fun netrunner gameplay to me. But not currently how it works, I guess. The fiction is that netruners clash in the system, hacking and countering each other, not pulling out sniper rifles to shoot each other through walls when they’re getting hacked :)

Top Bottom