How to get Enhanced Edition of The Witcher for free!

+
segmentor said:
Check the FAQ for the patch - there are a few suggestions in there including running in win95 compatibility mode if you're on xp x64.
I did, and this point is about installing the patch, not running the game. I wrote clearly that I've managed to install it.

Thumbs ups :for "The Witcher Team" free downlaod content:) But still its not working, I want to buy also the game, but none shops in "The netherlands" have the game yet. :-[

I bought the normal witcher version in the Netherlands last week. Just updated it to the enhanced version and it works great!!You guys even updated the start menu with flying crows and moving cloads! I played for about one hour and noticedal lot of improvement on the dialogues! especially i liked the cursing Thaler. Loading times are really improved.Cheers!!!

rihalto said:
I bought the normal witcher version in the Netherlands last week. Just updated it to the enhanced version and it works great!!You guys even updated the start menu with flying crows and moving cloads! I played for about one hour and noticedal lot of improvement on the dialogues! especially i liked the cursing Thaler. Loading times are really improved.Cheers!!!
I meant about the version Enhanced Edition. ;) its realy worth to buy it.. CDprojekt Team have worked hard to make this game better then the old version!

Can anyone think of a reason why the Fileshack "TWEE_Upgrade" file comes up as an UNKNOWN file type to my comp once it has finished downloading? (running Visa 32)

Havner said:
Ok, this is not funny anymore. I've redownloaded the patch, did FC (file comparer) and they are the same. Reinstalled anyway (for the 3rd time!) and still the same. Game and editor crash on start. Anyone has managed to run them properly?
I've found the reason, and it seems RED you got a serious bug there.The game crashes on mss32.dll, Miles Sound System. It crashes when I select my (default up to now) Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (running latest drivers). It doesn't on my built in ****** eax-less realtek HDA.I've downloaded newer mss32.dll (7.2 while you use 7.0) from RAD and it still crashes on Audigy though much further, I can f.e. see the Witcher hand cursor loaded while I didn't on your mss32.dll. So it seems it passes sound initialisation on mss32.dll 7.2. I had no issues with 1.3.The conclusion for me would be that mss32.dll shipped with The Witcher is broken. Anyone with SB audigy can run 1.4 properly?

I have the same problem as banter1279. Managed to download both files from Fileshack (about 21mins and 11mins + 15 mins waiting "in-l;ine") but when I double click the file it comes up "unknown file".Should I try renaming it or something?

Lordant said:
I have the same problem as banter1279. Managed to download both files from Fileshack (about 21mins and 11mins + 15 mins waiting "in-l;ine") but when I double click the file it comes up "unknown file".Should I try renaming it or something?
The file does not have an exe extension on it. Simply rename the file and add .exe to it.

I also have an SB Audigy 2 ZS card. And I have the same issue as Havner.The Windows error report log reads:AppName: witcher.exe AppVer: 1.4.5.1282 ModName: mss32.dllModVer: 7.0.20.0 Offset: 0001438fAnd in The Witcher/System, there's an errlog.txt file, which reads:The Witcher Crash Log==============================================Build: 1.4.5.1282 (08/09/08 05:37:08)Exception: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATIONRead from location 0000177BEAX=00000004 EBX=00000001 ECX=00000003 EDX=7C90E4F4 ESI=10000000EDI=21115B40 EBP=21114280 ESP=01C6F8A8 EIP=2111438F FLG=00210206CS=001B DS=0023 SS=0023 ES=0023FS=003B GS=0000Call Stack--------------------001B:2111438F (0x02C83D83 0x56002118 0x247C8B57 0x663A740C) mss32.dll, AIL_release_sample_handle()+ 95 byte(s)-After an hour of waiting in line and downloading the patch and language pack, (from Fileshack), then ANOTHER one and a half hour of waiting while the patch installer were crunching numbers, this is... A bit anticlimactic. :wall:Edit: Oh, and I'm on Windows XP, SP3.

Dysto said:
I also have an SB Audigy 2 ZS card. And I have the same issue as Havner.(...)Edit: Oh, and I'm on Windows XP, SP3.
Thank you! So it's not only me.And yes, I've got XP SP3 32bit too.Dysto: I've managed to launch it on my built-in sound. Unfortunately it ended with creative driver cleaner, so I can't even switch the card temporarely but at least I can run the game. Try the same, or some cheap sound card that you might have somewhere if you don't have any built-in (though most mobo's have one).

It was 2 long downloads and a long install but my copy of the Witcher is now enhanced :DThe difference in performance is already apparent, things are silky smooth. Thanks Red for being so decent :peace:

Havner said:
Havner said:
I also have an SB Audigy 2 ZS card. And I have the same issue as Havner.(...)Edit: Oh, and I'm on Windows XP, SP3.
Thank you! So it's not only me.And yes, I've got XP SP3 32bit too.Dysto: I've managed to launch it on my built-in sound. Unfortunately it ended with creative driver cleaner, so I can't even switch the card temporarely but at least I can run the game. Try the same, or some cheap sound card that you might have somewhere if you don't have any built-in (though most mobo's have one).
Does the fatal1ty sound card fall under the Audigy 2 banner?If so, I'll report back with info on any crashes I get, when I get home.Hopefully RED saw this information you guys posted and will reply.

I tried to download the german language files for several hours now, but after many timeouts the server isn´t responding anymore... :( Please don´t get me wrong, I am very grateful for CDPs cooperation with the community and for your decision to make the the content of the Enhanced Edition available for all. I am a gamer for a long time now and your work for and with your community is one of the best I ever witnessed. But I really think spreading the content to more servers would have been a wise decision.Oh, and I have a question concerning the two extra missions and the additional materials...Do I have to install them WITH the patch and the language file? Or can I update first and install the other stuff later, maybe when the download servers are not under such stress?

ZeroPhoenix said:
Does the fatal1ty sound card fall under the Audigy 2 banner?
It doesn't. It's X-Fi, but it doesn't mean you won't have problems. It depends what causes it. It may be f.e. EAX checking routines that fails when they hit HW EAX. I don't know but will eagerly read how it ended up for you.
Hopefully RED saw this information you guys posted and will reply.
Hopefully they will.

I need help I guess.I've downloaded the EE version and my language pack, but I cannot install it.The installer claims that my original Witcher version is not registered. But I have registered it few weeks ago. I have the registration confirmation mail from CDprojekt, and I cannot restart registration from the CD launh menu, because it detect that I am already registered.And I guess my profile here on the forum say that I am a registered user.Does anyone got an idea? I'm running on Vista 32bits, and i've tried on my administrator account and it still doesn't work.Thank.

I am downloading the patch from 4players.de and it works fine (and fast!). Does anybody know a trustworthy place from where I can download the german language pack? Oh, and I don't want to hear anything about this f*cking sciagnij.pl ;D

Charal said:
I've downloaded the EE version and my language pack, but I cannot install it.The installer claims that my original Witcher version is not registered. But I have registered it few weeks ago. I have the registration confirmation mail from CDprojekt, and I cannot restart registration from the CD launh menu, because it detect that I am already registered.
They know you are registered, your registry doesn't (you probably reinstalled windows in between). Run the 1.3 launcher and reregister again. I had to do that as well.

Everything downloaded just fine but when I try to install the patch I come up with this error...>SetupNew/setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$'@WindowsXP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0Makes no sense to me, reinstalled SP3 thinking that would fix it, but no...any help would be appreciated.

jenstuckey said:
Everything downloaded just fine but when I try to install the patch I come up with this error...>SetupNew/setup.cpp (135)PAPP:pVENDOR:pGUID:$'@WindowsXP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 11.0Makes no sense to me, reinstalled SP3 thinking that would fix it, but no...any help would be appreciated.
Make sure you have the whole patch file. I got that error when the download terminated early.Incidentally, Fileplanet also has the patch (and English language pack) available.

O.K. I downloaded all the files and started the install . It asks for a password , I'm assuming it means the password for this site but I can't remember it since it is stored and I automaticly am signed in. So I asked for and received a change of password e-mail. When I try to change the password I get the error message " invalid activation code". The end result is I cannot put a password in to insall the patch. I am a registered gameowner . Please help? It all seems very convoluted and complicated for noi reason.Please help

Top Bottom