How to get Enhanced Edition of The Witcher for free!

+
Reminders For XP 32-Bit UsersHaving Error Code 111 during the "Modifying Game Files" portion of the Patch Installation?Disable your 3GB and PAE switches in Boot.iniCrashing immediately after starting from the launcher?Go to Control Panel>Sound and Audio Devices>Audio> Advanced (Located at the Sound Playback slider) and turn down hardware acceleration.This will prevent glorious EAX sound from being available, but it will at least allow you to play the game, until a hotfix is distributed.

Woah, this was a quite straining procedure. First it took half a day to download the necessary files, then the 1.4 patchfile was corrupted. Unfortunately the patch started to install, broke up in the middle of the process and killed my installation of Witcher. So I had to install the game and to download the patch again. :dead: Fortunately the second try was more successful and yes... it was worth it.The new grafics look very fine, the new dialogs are great and most of the new german voices are way better than the old ones. And though I use higher resolutions now the game runs smooth like silk where it shows slight juddering before. Additionally the load- and savetimes seem to be a bit shorter than before even though they were no reason to complain in the first place. Oh yeah, before I forget - I looove the new inventory. Way more space, finally separated compartments for different kind of items and the system which shows the different kinds of alchemic substances is more than just helpful during a hard witchers day.All in all you did a great job and made a very cool and very good game even better. And all for free - thank you very much guys! (Errr, and girls of course! I would send flowers but after finishing the Carmen-quest I afraid this could lead easily to some unlucky misapprehensions... :D)

i STARTED THE sIDE EFFECTS ADVENTURE, AND I can't distribute the skills, they are already distributed... it must be wrong, right? anyone else had this? it's quite annoying, the character is very weak this way, as all points are distributed to all skills, so you have no real attack or defence... a banch of dogs killed me :p

Wow. Just WOW. I am incredibly impressed with CDProjekt.I have been buying PC Games for over 20 years (yeah I'm that old) and can't remember when the last time a developer/publisher updates a game this dramatically, reboxes it to sell it as another SKU but then gives *all* previous customers access to gigs and GIGS of changes for FREE! That is simply unheard of. The style and atmosphere of this game have blown me away and I have recommended it to every PC gamer friend of mine - and most have bought it. It is rare for me to finish an RPG like this, but I did and am now prepared to completely play through it again with the EE content. In the days of EA-type companies merging and becoming huge corporations that seem to view games simply as a platform where they can sell you more and more DLC content to add to a game that was stripped down when first sold, something like this is incredibly refreshing and makes me more optimistic about the future of PC gaming. CDProjekt, you have completely won me over as a fan. I can really see your passion for the game you have created and your commitment to making it as close to your original vision as possible. You guys should be proud and happy with yourselves for this achievement. I eagerly look forward to your next project(s) and shall be keeping an eye on your progress in the (hopefully) years to come. Good job, guys. And thanks for your efforts and commitment to your fan base!

I did not recive a cd code with my game and now that i want to install new ee it tells me to reg. My game but how can i do that if you guys didnt supply me with a cd code??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Ugh what a fing piss off man i want a code now this is gay.

Though I'm in the US, I have the uncensored version of The Witcher. Where can I find a 1.4 Enhanced Edition patch that will not result in a "Catastrophic Error" response - I downloaded the 1.4 patch from FilePlanet where it was much faster to get (less than 40 minutes versus over 24 hours and a two dropped connections). And for the language pack, which one should I use?Having started out with a complaint, I would like to say this providing of the Enhanced Edition and all the bells and whistles that you have for free to owners of The Witcher is simply an outstanding gesture towards your fans. I thank you for your efforts and your sleepless nights responding to the flood of downloading. This is an approach to marketing and community building that other game makers would do well to emulate as it encourages loyalty. I will be looking to see what other games come from you folks.And when does The Witcher 2 appear? ::) Just asking...

Hi, I downloaded patch and german language pack yesterday. Everything works fine for me! Graphics are nice and the new voice over is okay as well. Thank you CDPR for a great game and a great update! PS. For those who still have a problem with downloading the patch from the original site - I got my version from 4players.de. It took aprox. 40mins to download it.

Everything eventually downloaded for me about an hour or so ago, placed everything in a temporary folder and ran the TWEE update exe, all went fine, all I had to do was input my username and password from these forums and it merrily went on its way installing everything, including the two bonus missions. After a reboot, I started playing again from the start, to get the whole effect of the new update, all I can say is WOW!!! I'm really loving it, it loads a lot faster, at least for me, and the old distorted audio problem I had with the 1.3 patch is completely gone, sadly I still cannot play above 1280x720 but that's more of an issue with my PC than the game :) All in all thankyou for making this release available to all of us who bought the original game, it is much appreciated :peace:

" Re: How to get Enhanced Edition of The Witcher for free! Reply #387 on September 20, 2008, 10:35:53 pm I DID NOT RECIVE A CD CODE WITH MY GAME AND NOW THAT I WANT TO INSTALL NEW EE IT TELLS ME TO REG. MY GAME BUT HOW CAN I DO THAT IF YOU GUYS DIDNT SUPPLY ME WITH A CD CODE??? UGH WHAT A FING PISS OFF MAN I WANT A CODE NOW THIS IS GAY. "It is inside the front cover of your owners manual. It requires you to enter it when you install the game.... soooo, if you did not get one where did you get your game?

kyleo4 said:
I DID NOT RECIVE A CD CODE WITH MY GAME AND NOW THAT I WANT TO INSTALL NEW EE IT TELLS ME TO REG. MY GAME BUT HOW CAN I DO THAT IF YOU GUYS DIDNT SUPPLY ME WITH A CD CODE??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? UGH WHAT A FING PISS OFF MAN I WANT A CODE NOW THIS IS GAY.
Did you buy your copy from Canada or if from e-bay/amazon through a seller from Canada? That is the only missing registration key problems I've heard of. If this is the case, you should e-mail Atari Technical support for a replacement key.

ya i bought it form eb games.. and never thought of reg. my game till this new ee pack came out so... didnt look for it and yes again i bought it in bc canada at eb games

kyleo4 said:
ya i bought it form eb games.. and never thought of reg. my game till this new ee pack came out so... didnt look for it and yes again i bought it in bc canada at eb games
Did you buy the game recently? You have a legitimate reason to return the game I think and you can re-buy the UK version over amazon or e-bay which is uncensored anyway. If you cannot return or exchange your game for another, than e-mail technical support at Atari as they are the ones that will have to give you a replacement key. I do sympathize with how frustrating your situation must feel. The fault isn't with CdProjekt, but the publisher Atari, so don't hold it against them.

kyleo4 said:
lol no man it is not there and it does not ask me to enter it when i install the game?! wtf
You don't have to register it to play the game but you will have to register to benefit from the EE. When you install the EE patch you will be required to have your internet connected and there will be a check to see if you properly registered the game.

yes i know but i was not givin a cd code in this game and have contacted them by email nad aksed for a new one and am hoping

kyleo4 said:
yes i know but i was not givin a cd code in this game and have contacted them by email nad aksed for a new one and am hoping
Okay, well hopefully you hear back from them soon and get the issue resolved. Good luck :peace:

Irenicus23 said:
Irenicus23 said:
Okay, well hopefully you hear back from the soon and get the issue resolved. Good luck :peace:
thanks man

I'm having a real problem installing the patch. When I try to run the Enhanced Edition .exe file, I'll get past the point where I need to enter my password and get an error message saying that it cannot find the language pack.But then if I try to install the Language pack first, it says: Please install The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Upgrade before installing %p.So I can't install the enhanced edition without the language pack, but I can't install the language pack without the enhanced edition. What's going on?

Madazhel said:
I'm having a real problem installing the patch. When I try to run the Enhanced Edition .exe file, I'll get past the point where I need to enter my password and get an error message saying that it cannot find the language pack.But then if I try to install the Language pack first, it says: Please install The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Upgrade before installing %p.So I can't install the enhanced edition without the language pack, but I can't install the language pack without the enhanced edition. What's going on?
Did you put the language pack AND EE 1.4 patch into one folder? Do this then open the EE patch. You will not have to install the language pack separately.

Top Bottom