I can't beat twins in Kabuki.

+
Lvl 32 and still can't beat them ( hard difficulty ).

I've reloaded this fight dozens of times. Never got got close to win ( used food,drinks ).
I also wonder why V is such a idiot to fight against two guys at the same time ( bet money on it ), and be fine with that ? Oh right, I forgot... they doing everything together. That changes everything , nothing can be done about it. ( 10/10 logic & writing )

I hate fist fights and I wish there was option to not add them to the quest journal. If solution to this fight is to get specific perks, that's somehow even worse, since it takes away freedom of character build.

This is quite a difficult fight unless you are built for melee.

As this is one of the first quests I received, I attempted this at low level on Very Hard playing as a Netrunner and they kicked my ass. To down one of them I needed to land like 20 counter hits in a row and if I got hit twice, it was over.

If playing a non melee build, there are a couple of ways you can approach this. The first is to add non melee damage to your fists. A Netrunner can do this by equipping Legendary Short Circuit and maximising crit chance. Every time you crit with your fists, you will proc short circuit damage and it will do a lot of damage. The general strategy is never fight between the twins. Always have both of them in a line so they run at you one at a time.

The second method is a cheese strat and involves exploiting their AI. The twins will try not to fight on the metal grating. So if you stand on the metal grating right up against the crowd, let one of the twins run at you and dodge around them so you are punching them into the crowd, away from the center of the arena. They will attempt to path back to the middle of the arena but will be unable to do so, allowing you to just punch them out unopposed. The other twin likewise does not want to fight on the metal grating so they won't rush you and hit you from behind.

You can do the same cheese with the remaining twin if you are having trouble just taking one of them down.

What surprised me about this is that even when you've leveled up greatly and the danger level says : "Low" This is still a very hard fight to get through.
I also didn't go for melee. Before I got one dude down I was also pretty much on my last legs.

Dodge is extremely important(Even against ranged enemies). Practice it and you'll be able to beat Razor, and half the Cyberpsychos without even touching you on hardest difficulty.

On Very Hard, I beat them at Body 4, level 6 or 7, and no Gorilla Arms or useful perks other than regen in combat. There are tricks to it.

Take consumable buffs beforehand, keep running, don't get into corners, soak blows with your guard and then spam instead of repeatedly trying to counter, dodge the hook since it's harder to counter than the kick, use a haymaker if they're running at you and not starting an attack yet, don't be afraid to land a running heavy attack if they aren't doing anything yet after backing up, and try to keep them in line with each other so you aren't getting surrounded.

The fight's really about blocking and running with a very rare dodge or counter. Takes a lot of patience. At first I would try to sit in a corner to keep it to one at a time as best I could and focus on counters, but that was a very big mistake. You just have to keep moving to retain a favorable position and not get caught up trying to take every risky opportunity they give you. Play safe and the fight's easy, albeit long.

Last edited:
i did few counter attacks and they got stunned. it's so easy to do counter attacks here, way easier than Sekiro

I beat the twins without the Gorilla Arms with body 8 at level 15 with regen drink that lasted 400 and something seconds.
I backed into the corner when you enter (and exit) the ring, and they just look at you and wait for your next move. I took advantage of that. I move a little bit and one of them (mostly) go for me and I just punch him. Just take note who you are hitting. When one is down, I got out of that corner and finished the other one off. I am playing on hard.

The next fight is that ahole with the sniper rifle with the gorilla arms. Two rounds. Body 11 level 21 with regen drink.
I might sell that sniper rifle.

eat food and drink stuff, it will help with your vigor and health
actually, there are food you can eat that will increase your health for 50% as well as your vigor, search it up on your edibles tab

also just focus on one twin at a time, punch one and when the other comes after you get out of the way a back away from there. focus on taking down one and then the other

what bothers me about those fist fights is that you can't lock on, in the W3 you had those and were done so much better, you could also lock on the enemy
maybe the director of this game thought it would be great not to lock on because it would be more realistic....but forgot the basic rule of not sacrificing enjoyment for realism.

Post automatically merged:

this. you cant really progress fistfight quest w/o gorilla arms.
you can it will just take a lot longer to take them out

I got lucky and pinned one over by the couch at the edge of the ring. He stopped fighting back and the other one just stood at the other corner of the ring the whole time I was doing this.

I had two completely different experiences with the kabuki twins.
In my first playthrough I, at some point, went for the quest not early and not really late into the game, go to them and had to punch each one some times and won pretty easy (no melee points and strength around 5-7 ?)
later in the other fights there got so brutally more hard to fight it wasn't even funny. I attacked for ~2% per hit (this was with gorilla arms) and they hit me with 40-70% of my HP per hit.

on my second playthrough the kabuki twins, I tried to fight them kind of early on, no melee again and got my ass handed to me.

both times no gorilla arms. I don't know why or how they (the boxing npcs and some other) seem to have some kind of inbuild scaling or whatever which heightens their HP/ATK or something.

Lvl 32 and still can't beat them ( hard difficulty ).

I've reloaded this fight dozens of times. Never got got close to win ( used food,drinks ).
I also wonder why V is such a idiot to fight against two guys at the same time ( bet money on it ), and be fine with that ? Oh right, I forgot... they doing everything together. That changes everything , nothing can be done about it. ( 10/10 logic & writing )

I hate fist fights and I wish there was option to not add them to the quest journal. If solution to this fight is to get specific perks, that's somehow even worse, since it takes away freedom of character build.
they both one shot, i was looking for solution how to increase enemy's hp, crazy game

Razor is a hard fight, he onehits you if you dont dodge.. the other once got just smaked in the face... but i did invest some points in brawling

I'm playing on "Very Hard".

I one-shotted them (the twins) with nothing(no cyberware etc.) before doing "The Heist". Trying to beat the twins after "The Heist" was almost impossible.

I'm playing on "Very Hard".

I one-shotted them (the twins) with nothing(no cyberware etc.) before doing "The Heist". Trying to beat the twins after "The Heist" was almost impossible.
Sounds like a bug. They tend to one-shot you while you need to hit them countless times on very hard. I managed to win vs twins (after The Heist) on hardest difficulty w/o boosting body/perk/cyberware, but it took me many attempts. Guess the AI is too poor to provide a challenge without cheating with impossible hard hits and huge health pools. Feels like fighting a MMO raid boss solo. Wish this frustrating mess would be rebalanced somehow.

Top Bottom