I know technical issues come first, but the gameplay needs balancing as well

+
I know CDPR has their hands full with lots of bugs and performance issues but I hope at some point they get around to rebalancing certain aspects of the game. A game is more interesting when all of it works together and feels important/meaningful. Certain things right now trivialize other thing.

Healing really, really needs a cooldown. The ability to chug healing over and over and over in the same fight one after the other makes the game too easy.

Melee weapons far too strong, you can just run around with a machete or hammer and one shot everything.

Normal difficulty is still way too easy in general.

You can basically ignore all the important RPG systems (cyberware, hacks, mods) and just run around like a madman blasting everything with almost no resistance.

On top of that some stats and perk trees are way more useful and powerful than others.

Obviously the enemy AI needs major work.

The boss fights are also tirivally easy. I killed every boss fight in the game without dying, or even coming close (normal difficulty) and I did nothing but just shoot them with a regular gun (no hacks, etc.)

Last edited:
I wasn't overleveled, I was just playing through the story missions one after the other really, only did a little bit of side stuff.

If you can beat every single boss fight in the game on your first try and without doing anything special, that's not really good design, especially on "normal" difficulty. That sorta facerolling should be reserved for easy. Even on harder difficulties I think the boss fights would be underwhelming. I"m assuming they just do more damage and take less, but their mechanics are so weak it wouldn't make much difference.

Normal mode and down = FPS shooter
Hard mode and up = A little more difficult and may actually have to use your cybernetics and skills.

Adding a level system to a game that doesn't have a level system, Cyberpunk 2020/Red, was their first mistake. Especially with this being more action based. They should have scrapped the silly perk system and just gave us proper classes/roles to make instead of pigeonholing us into playing a specific role. Did anyone at CDPR even play the tabletop game?

Last edited:
the netrunner build is broken. I can kill everyone with no skill at all required even on highest difficulty. Just need to select the quickhacks from a list and wait. The "stealth" gameplay just doesn't hold up

Ya, because exploiting is the cool thing to do. This video is garbage

The video if, you actually watched it, finds out how broken the armor mods are, and how they clearly do not function properly in game to begin with. His exploits literally are offering the team bug fixes. The irony of never finding the positive in doing this in the first place..

This video is garbage
Garbage? It's a satire/humor for the most part. And you can't do anything about how people play their single player games. Especially when they mod them to be even more broken ;)

Adding a level system to a game that doesn't have a level system, Cyberpunk 2020/Red, was their first mistake.
If it was some sort of story driven game it likely would be better. Fixed level content versus fluid level character doesn't scale well ;)

instead of pigeonholing us into playing a specific role.
Aside of hacking you don't really need talents to do crazy stuff. The game does a lot to not punish you for your build. This is good and bad at the same time. Do note that single player games are played in majority by players that do not play competitively and don't even grasp game systems. They will not meta-play it. Making a complex balanced and demanding system isn't in such game nature.

Garbage? It's a satire/humor for the most part. And you can't do anything about how people play their single player games. Especially when they mod them to be even more broken ;)

If it was some sort of story driven game it likely would be better. Fixed level content versus fluid level character doesn't scale well ;)
Ya, posting exploits is humour and this is getting multiplayer ;)

Aside of hacking you don't really need talents to do crazy stuff. The game does a lot to not punish you for your build. This is good and bad at the same time. Do note that single player games are played in majority by players that do not play competitively and don't even grasp game systems. They will not meta-play it. Making a complex balanced and demanding system isn't in such game nature.
You should get a copy of Cyberpunk 2020 and read it over and get an understanding of the game and ya, you do get punished if you don't choose a specific way to play. If you don't go out all guns, melee or hacking, the balance is pretty janky.

One point I originally left out that I have edited in, healing needs a cool-down. I would have died a lot actually but

1. Healing over and over and over again makes things too easy
2. Healing items are not scarce, trivially easy to craft, trivially easy to find. I'm walking arround with hundreds.

Ya, posting exploits is humour and this is getting multiplayer ;)

Sadly it's no exploit, he didn't bend the rules to do that. The regular armor mod crafting mechanics and curing items results in this "immortality".

Other than that AI on Very Hard is so brain dead, that you can mess around with them with not so good items.

What makes it pathetic is that street brawling champion is the hardest boss in the game. But he cheat his way to victory, very agressive, very fast, and so on.

But regular thug AI is brain dead.

Yeah the players power curve should be squashed a bit. You become way too OP way too fast. It's cool to become OP in any game but you gotta make me work for it. Also item and enemy scaling is all over the place.

Sadly it's no exploit, he didn't bend the rules to do that. The regular armor mod crafting mechanics and curing items results in this "immortality".

Other than that AI on Very Hard is so brain dead, that you can mess around with them with not so good items.

What makes it pathetic is that street brawling champion is the hardest boss in the game. But he cheat his way to victory, very agressive, very fast, and so on.

But regular thug AI is brain dead.
I think the AI is ok but gets broken very easily. Such as, I've had an AI on me and it would just stop and not move anymore after kicking my ass lol.

I think the AI is ok but gets broken very easily. Such as, I've had an AI on me and it would just stop and not move anymore after kicking my ass lol.

You know, now that you mentioned it. I've been answering these kind of posts regularly.

Always saying that AI is braindead, because for me it is. When I find a group of 6, it's nor unusual that they move so slowly, that I usually run around with the katana slicing them up, basically two slicing them, on VH difficulty.

So I force myself to use SMGs, Pistols, Assault Rifles, even without a single skill point invested on them.

Slow time reaction, low health, some of them never moves, they don't flee from grenades, don't move around the field, don't supress fire, don't try to flank.

But I see that in a lot of times, people say that AI is fine, that they don't need a new Dark Souls.

Which makes me wonder if there is AI inconsistencies between the plataforms, versions, ir there are something that those people are neglecting, and so on.

I don't know if you finished the game, and how much you explored, but if you play it in a second time, you'll notice that AI is dead.

And I'm no great fps player, maybe this is my first fps in years without playing.

You know, now that you mentioned it. I've been answering these kind of posts regularly.

Always saying that AI is braindead, because for me it is. When I find a group of 6, it's nor unusual that they move so slowly, that I usually run around with the katana slicing them up, basically two slicing them, on VH difficulty.

So I force myself to use SMGs, Pistols, Assault Rifles, even without a single skill point invested on them.

Slow time reaction, low health, some of them never moves, they don't flee from grenades, don't move around the field, don't supress fire, don't try to flank.

But I see that in a lot of times, people say that AI is fine, that they don't need a new Dark Souls.

Which makes me wonder if there is AI inconsistencies between the plataforms, versions, ir there are something that those people are neglecting, and so on.

I don't know if you finished the game, and how much you explored, but if you play it in a second time, you'll notice that AI is dead.

And I'm no great fps player, maybe this is my first fps in years without playing.
I've almost got 100 hours in. Again, the AI is fine. Hell, even the regular population react to all sorts of stuff going on. The problem with the AI is the programming gets broken and all of a sudden they either stop moving, disappear or something. That has nothing to do with the AI or the life of the world. It's just bad coding and a lack of QA testing before sending the product out and it's very immersion breaking. The game is buggy and glitchy as hell but bad AI? No.

So I'd say at least one of the boss fights is tricky on Hard. Just because on Hard you get killed with 1-3 melee hits or sniper shots even if you have like 1000+ armor. I wouldn't say they are difficult, bit it takes some focus and a couple of replays.

But I agree the difficulty could be handled differently (currently it's just more deadly and spongy enemies), but that also takes a lot of time if you want to change i.e. AI behaviour or spawn pools etc

Top Bottom