I want to support this game, but I cannot justify buying kegs

+
Thanatos35;n8683520 said:
The game rewards are very generous allowing you to earn easily 3-4 kegs a day! There is no other CCG as generous as Gwent. The mill reward are alsmot the same than in hearthstone. Basically you get 1/4 of a silver/gold card value as dust when milling it. It's less when you mill shit cards but you get dust every gg you get so in the end you win so I don't see much too complain about.
Maybe I'd agree that you get too many card in double and that wasn't the case in the closed beta. In my experience, I've opened around 130-140 kegs in the pen beta and I still miss some basic bronze cards while getting 20 times the same bronze card. It's a bit boring but one can live with it I think

Only place where the dust to card ratio seems negatively skewed to me, at least beyond the usual, seems to be rares. Gwent rares require 80 scrap to craft and mill for 10. Hearthstone rares require 100 to craft, but mill for 20. Of course, the common ratio is better beeing mill for 5 in both cases, but the craft cost is 30 in gwent and 40 in hearthstone.

TriforceDragon;n8684010 said:
Only place where the dust to card ratio seems negatively skewed to me, at least beyond the usual, seems to be rares. Gwent rares require 80 scrap to craft and mill for 10. Hearthstone rares require 100 to craft, but mill for 20. Of course, the common ratio is better beeing mill for 5 in both cases, but the craft cost is 30 in gwent and 40 in hearthstone.

That's what I meant. Thanks for being more accurate^^. All together we both agree that there is nothing to complain about right (except that lil cheap milling ratio for rare)?

Thanatos35;n8684110 said:
That's what I meant. Thanks for being more accurate^^. All together we both agree that there is nothing to complain about right (except that lil cheap milling ratio for rare)?

Indeed, minus the rare ratio, the mill ratio is either the Hearthstone standard or better.

My reasons are different, but I too am not willing to spend money on kegs yet. I really wanted to when CB became OB. However, with the huge amounts of changes (not just mill rates and drop rates and premiums, but everything), I just can't bring myself to do it yet. Here's hoping f2p will get me enough decent cards to make a deck worth continuing to play the game, and then maybe I'll buy a few kegs...

I totally agree with the OP. They need to decrease the number of rares by a LOT and then make legendary ones drop a bit more because right now there's 0 point to buy them. Witcher 3 gave us insane value for it's price this game is borderline a scam for it's price if you want a full collection needing 600$+.
Even people like Noxius that had 1000 kegs still missed cards for his collection.

No Title

I bought several Keg packs during the closed Beta and had no problem with doing so. Now the Open Beta has begun I'm reluctant to buy anymore Kegs because for a start they've whacked the price up considerably. A 60 Keg Pack used to cost £47 now they are now charging £58.49 for the same pack. On top of this they have added the Meteorite Powder as well. I feel they could with the addition of the new powder type have actually lowered the cost of Kegs, especially as the drop rates are so bad now and because of all the additional Premium Cards the collection is so much larger.

I had pretty much a complete card collection by the end of closed beta. When open beta launched I cracked open all my refunded Kegs and got this to start with:

I had so many spare cards, many bronze units in my deck with excess of 30 copies of themselves. So disappointed to open 360+ Kegs and only end of with 323 of 634 Cards currently in the game.

Attachments

• photo140390.jpg
    photo140390.jpg
    470.3 KB · Views: 39
supafreaky;n8679420 said:
It actually doesn't require nearly that much thought. If you enjoy the game, buy a couple kegs to show support. If you don't,don't

This is hilarious. A voice from the crowd called out, 'stop doing the math!'

LMAO

cwattyeso;n8688580 said:
I bought several Keg packs during the closed Beta and had no problem with doing so. Now the Open Beta has begun I'm reluctant to buy anymore Kegs because for a start they've whacked the price up considerably. A 60 Keg Pack used to cost £47 now they are now charging £58.49 for the same pack. On top of this they have added the Meteorite Powder as well. I feel they could with the addition of the new powder type have actually lowered the cost of Kegs, especially as the drop rates are so bad now and because of all the additional Premium Cards the collection is so much larger.

I had pretty much a complete card collection by the end of closed beta. When open beta launched I cracked open all my refunded Kegs and got this to start with:

I had so many spare cards, many bronze units in my deck with excess of 30 copies of themselves. So disappointed to open 360+ Kegs and only end of with 323 of 634 Cards currently in the game.

I feel bad for you man, I have only opened about 25 kegs because I don't buy them and have just got them from grinding to level 16 and doing challenges and I seem to have 157 cards.

TriforceDragon;n8680450 said:
Ill compare the rates to Hearthstone:

A common in Hearthstone gives back 5 dust, same as the scrap in Witcher 3, however a Common in Hearthstone is 40 Dust as opposed to Gwent's 30, so the common rate is better.

A rare in Hearthstone gives back 20, in Gwent it is 10. However here a Hearthstone rare is 100 and a Gwent one is 80. This rate is the one that needs improvement if any.

Epic and Legendary both give back 25% of cost in Hearthstone and Gwent.

However, the Gwent cards are half the scrap of Hearthstones dust in cost to craft, meaning you only need half the scrap to craft one compared to hearthstone. This makes the common rate insanely good compared to Hearthstone, but the rare rate is still a bit iffy, mostly due to the crafting costs of rares.

But, as you mentioned, the long term free to play gains are above average, way above even compared to Hearthstone.

Hearthstone gives you one Quest a day, which can give as low as 40 gold. Often will be between 40-60 gold, with the highest beeing 100 gold or a free pack (and the 100 gold one takes 7 wins). Every 3 wins also earn you 10 gold, up to a maximum of 100 gold per day at 30 wins. 100 gold is needed per pack.

Gwent always gives you 100 Ore for 6 round wins each day (3 full wins if you dont lose) and adds additional bonuses for every 2 round won for a while. On top of that you can add GG bonuses, which are also not present in Hearthstone. An additional 12 round wins after the first 6 earns you 75 more ore, continuing with the minor rewards every 2 round. Only really after that does the rewards start to become a chore for the return.

I was also considering premiums, which only give meteorite dust in addition to their cost. This is a pretty big deal as a lot of my dust in HS was acquired this way, especially if you get a gold legendary, which I got more than you'd expect over the course of my play.

Yes gwent rewards playing a lot of games much more than HS - even if you just take the first 6 round quest, it's around 2:1 to the average HS quest I'd say, if not even a bit more. If you play 30 games a day, it's what, 4:1 or more?

Comparison to Shadowverse:

Gwent: USD 69.99 = 60 kegs = 300 cards
SV: USD 79.99 = 100 bags(if open 1 bag everyday) = 800 cards

Gwent: Opened around 10 kegs for playing 4 days
SV: Almost 100 bags = 800 cards for newbie + completing simple quests

I don't recommend people paying in Gwent for the current price tag, just not cost effective. Better mill all other factions and focus on 1 faction unless you are viewing to pay for hundreds.

fanling3;n8689270 said:
I don't recommend people paying in Gwent for the current price tag, just not cost effective. Better mill all other factions and focus on 1 faction unless you are viewing to pay for hundreds.
Wouldn't ever recommend this for any card game if you have any intention of playing it for longer than one day, but to each their own...

I don't think the price tag for kegs to card ratio is bad in Gwent considering the ease at which you get them in-game for free, however I have to concur that the amount of rares to commons is pretty screwed, not to mention the fact that now all golds are legendaries and all silvers are epics (which generally speaking is an improvement from closed beta, because it's way less confusing) and it's tougher to create a good bottom line of silvers/epics per deck. That is to say, the more niche cards are easier to come by for only certain builds as opposed to all-rounders like Ciri, YenCon, e.t.c. (although I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to CDPR for making Triss standard for everyone, she's nuts).

zantclick;n8689390 said:
Wouldn't ever recommend this for any card game if you have any intention of playing it for longer than one day, but to each their own...

I don't think the price tag for kegs to card ratio is bad in Gwent considering the ease at which you get them in-game for free, however I have to concur that the amount of rares to commons is pretty screwed, not to mention the fact that now all golds are legendaries and all silvers are epics (which generally speaking is an improvement from closed beta, because it's way less confusing) and it's tougher to create a good bottom line of silvers/epics per deck. That is to say, the more niche cards are easier to come by for only certain builds as opposed to all-rounders like Ciri, YenCon, e.t.c. (although I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to CDPR for making Triss standard for everyone, she's nuts).

Just checked the keg drop rate thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...um-silver-gold

He only got 1440 mills for opening 110 kegs. That means you gonna pay for around $140 for crafting 2 gold cards for which you may not even complete a deck.

Not to mention you can form several meta decks with 0 legendary in SV. However, I don;t see anyone in Gwent go without 4 gold and 6 silver.

So terrible...

Last edited:
fanling3;n8689570 said:
Just checked the keg drop rate thread: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/forum...um-silver-gold

He only got 1440 mills for opening 110 kegs. That means you gonna pay for around $140 for crafting 2 gold cards for which you may not even complete a deck.

Not to mention you can form several meta decks with 0 legendary in SV. However, I don;t see anyone in Gwent go without 4 gold and 6 silver.

So terrible...

Considering you have 4 goldens and 6 silvers from the start, it would be hard to play without them.

KasumiGoto;n8690230 said:
Considering you have 4 goldens and 6 silvers from the start, it would be hard to play without them.

No competitive decks run with any one of starter golds and silvers

Bought around 600 kegs and i think drop rate is very close to HS lol, lots of same cards and very little golds but it doesnt really matter to me as far as i can help developers to make more content and better game. People still dont get how free games work, you can play for free but you have to grind like crazy to get cards but you dont have to pay anything. I rather spent my time working and playing and pay extra cash.

some people mentioned that the keg prices would have increased. but when I visit the in-game shop the prices are exactly the same as in CB (shown in Euro).

Bigduck12;n8690560 said:
Bought around 600 kegs and i think drop rate is very close to HS lol, lots of same cards and very little golds but it doesnt really matter to me as far as i can help developers to make more content and better game. People still dont get how free games work, you can play for free but you have to grind like crazy to get cards but you dont have to pay anything. I rather spent my time working and playing and pay extra cash.

You spent $700 on kegs?!?
:wat:

You my friend are a true supporter of CDPR :p

Last edited:
I think the biggest problem is that they removed Rare Silvers and Epic Golds. Right now the most common keg contents is 5 Bronzes, and that's just downright disappointing.

First and foremost, I don't see this as a Pay to Win type of game. The odds of getting something worthwhile from a keg is pretty slight. There is a lot of duplicates and low level cards. Let's not forget that the cards you start out with are good enough to compete with most players right out of the gate. It's not like you start out high and dry with nothing but bronze cards. If you don't want to pay for Kegs then just earn them the way they're meant to be earned, through grinding; competing with players, completing challenges, and leveling up. Just because you can spend actual cash and get Kegs doesn't make it game-breaking. For those who have bought Kegs and are complaining about getting duplicates and not enough high level cards, well that's how it's meant to be. If you could drop $60 on Kegs and get every single card in the game and no duplicates, then that would be kind of boring and not very rewarding now wouldn't it? I think CDPR did a good job with it. Believe me, I've seen developers do a lot worse.

Flintberg;n8700720 said:
I think the biggest problem is that they removed Rare Silvers and Epic Golds. Right now the most common keg contents is 5 Bronzes, and that's just downright disappointing.
Right because before when you got your silver rare it was so much better right? The mill value was the same.
And why people complain about the rarity change? It's actually BENEFICIAL to f2p players, since you only ever need 4 legendaries for your deck. Before you could easily need 6/8 legendaries between gold and silver in many competitive decks.

Top Bottom