If romance DLC becomes a thing who do you want to have added?

+
This version of dystopia and cyberpunk was one of if not the lamest and tamest versions of dystopia/cyberpunk that I've ever experienced. I honestly didn't even think it was possible to be this lame with cyberpunk.

There are plenty of cities in america now that look way more dystopic than in cyberpunk. Look up some videos, lot of homelessness every
Panam and River already have all same-sex dialogues voiced so it's a no brainer to just patch them to not care about body type, making them bi. Kerry is canon into women so obviously add some voiced lines for female V with him and patch those in. Maybe then make Meredith a full romance option so that straight guys also have a second choice, or, like Kerry, just get male V's voice actor in to do the romance lines with Judy. Those seem like the easiest, most cost-effective options working with what's already in game. Representation doesn't need to be confined to the romance options, inevitably restricting them. You can still have exclusively gay NPC's in the world for representation. As for the often touted suggestion that defined sexualities are important for three dimensional characters...I played River's romance as a female bodied/male voiced V. At no point does he mention being exclusively hetero, it has no bearing on his story or backstory in any significant, character forming way, apparently doesn't even matter in 2077...how is this important for his character, again?

If we're then talking about NEW options in future story DLC's, god. Barry, Takemura, Emmerick, Placide, Viktor... (haven't reached the end so no idea who's alive by then). I won't speak for other orientations because I don't wanna assume who they like.

Making everybody bi was horrible in mass effect. Sometimes I think the best solution would be to set romancable characters sexual preferences at the beginning of the game. Set it for bi, strait, or gay. then have their dialog altered to fit your setting.

There are plenty of cities in america now that look way more dystopic than in cyberpunk. Look up some videos, lot of homelessness every

Making everybody bi was horrible in mass effect. Sometimes I think the best solution would be to set romancable characters sexual preferences at the beginning of the game. Set it for bi, strait, or gay. then have their dialog altered to fit your setting.

How is that any different than making them bi/playersexual beyond the method of implementation? I mean, fine, sure, the end result is the same so I'd be happy with that. It just seems like extra work.

Also, everybody wasn't bi in mass effect?

agreed about claire! and i was sad panam couldnt be romanced by female v :( i really loved her. shes so much fun
Panam is a blast, I kind of felt that way about Judy, I didn't know she was strictly a lesbian until her last quest! That said, everyone's got their preferences, and I actually kind of liked developing relationships not knowing if it could turn into something aside from it. Something about every character being either player-sexual or obviously platonic like you get in a lot of games kind of takes me out of it/reduces my interest.

The DLCs will add new romances (or at least sexual relationships) however it will be with new characters who have a prominent role in the DLCs.

Also, everybody wasn't bi in mass effect?

You're right, they weren't. In fact, except for Liara (and her race can mate with any gender, any species so does it count?) only ME3 had bisexual characters as far as I'm aware. But from a writing standpoint, making everyone bi is both unrealistic and limiting to the development of the characters.

A lot of people were pissed because they retconned Kaiden into being bisexual for Mass Effect 3 (because he mentioned a significant female love interest in ME1 and was written as a straight character in ME1+ME2) but as far as I know they handled the writing pretty well. I never got to find out 'cos i always saved Ash so for me Kaiden was always KIA in ME1...and also Kaiden's VA will always be Carth Onasi to me so it was kinda jarring and was one of the reasons I always saved Ash.

Panam is a blast, I kind of felt that way about Judy, I didn't know she was strictly a lesbian until her last quest! That said, everyone's got their preferences, and I actually kind of liked developing relationships not knowing if it could turn into something aside from it. Something about every character being either player-sexual or obviously platonic like you get in a lot of games kind of takes me out of it/reduces my interest.

I am still troubled that the gay male romance is with a 70+ year old dude.
Its not my thing, but I am still troubled.

I like that they gave the characters preferences, kinda makes them seem alive in their own way. I doubt anything will change with them. I doubt we'll even get more joytoys, though I think it would be the easiest to implement. Just thinking, Viktor being a romance would probably be complicated as his function is a ripperdoc, although he's the only male character in the game so far (haven't finished) that I feel like female V would trust. I hope they're able to create a richer experience for this world they've lovingly crafted.

What type and what type

I mean, I think something more lasting is necessary, like multiple dialogues after the end of the game (story) a 'companion' to perform tasks, including affective ones. Moders did this on TW3 and the CD is fully capable of doing so at no cost.

disclaimer: didn't read previous posts, so might be saying duplicate things.

1. I want Hanako. POINT. BLANK. PERIOD. I WANT HER. I NEEDSSSS HER
2. It's all a moot point if they keep romance at this skyrim tier of romance. There's should be way more interaction you can have

Panam. She's an integral part of the story, and possibly your ending. Yet, as a female character you get neutered from experiencing her whole storyline because of an arbitrary decision by the writers that you needed a straight female character. Let female characters experience her whole storyline, and not just most of it. Sure it's not a lot of her storyline that's missing, but it's enough.

Takemura. I grown so fond of him. He sends texts, sometimes ones he doesn't mean too lol and you can interact with him eating, drinking, talking. I really like him and I want to know more about him. It's too bad they offed Jackie so quickly. You never got the time to feel like he was a friend.

I will settle for any believable younger handsome gay love interest who has a personality which doesn't evolve around being camp, and his motives align with V's, thus making him relevant to the story.
Post automatically merged:

Takemura. I grown so fond of him. He sends texts, sometimes ones he doesn't mean too lol and you can interact with him eating, drinking, talking. I really like him and I want to know more about him. It's too bad they offed Jackie so quickly. You never got the time to feel like he was a friend.
Yes! But please make Takemura bi. I cannot bare the idea of not being able to romance him as a guy.

Stout, and some kind of male corpo too.

I expected FAR more involvement from Stout really. I expected her to be an important story character. I expected that I would have to make a decision whether to sell myself to Militech or stay on the street kid path. But the story doesn't really make that kind of branching.

In general I would prefer all possible options to not be elderly (70+ years old). The idea grinds my gears somewhat even though I have a female V.
Yet
the Male V's romance options are apparently exactly that. Kerry and Rogue are both in their seventies

I was hoping for this as well man! I honestly, naively thought she would have one of those "one night stands that turns into something more" type romances and we would eventually get to the point that when it came to the end of the game, if we had played our cards right we could go to her (or Anthony if she was dead) and ask for help with the chip and Mikoshi.maybe even have her help you to destroy Arasaka....but what do we get? A one night stand where she fucks v with a strapon while wearing some rediculous outfit and a fucking dildo bat! Jesus fucking christ look at how they massacred our girl!

I hope the dlcs will have continuation from the romances we chose in the main game, would love to have more content with Judy. I finished her story and I miss her already haha. As well as new romances for those who weren't fan of the previous romances.

It would be a shame to have them forgotten in dlcs and have only new love interests. :cry:

For me, I really love that River Ward character, but do to the you die anyway endings, the relationships are cut short and do not even matter, because you always get set back to the point of no return instead to a post ending open world, where you could still have that relationship. thats very frustrating to me.

Absolutely, CDPR's so called "Dark Future" is extremely dark and dystopian but not in they way its supposed to be. Ultimately CCPR's version of Night City is like a movie set or something like "The Truman show". Its an illusion requiring very low levels of awareness to be able to slip into the suspension of disbelief and enjoy the horrible, dark dystopian world that it is.

Top Bottom