I'm disappointed how romances are handled. It's like game doesn't care if you're with someone already.

+
The one moment that made me take a break from the game was the crucifix scene, shit was so fucked up and the corpo media's are just ok with it. But that is discussion for another board.
Yeah, also that. On my first V playthrough I was so baffled that I hammered the nails myself... second playthrough I at least was only watching from behind the cam. I was really like "F*** my V shall not appear on a BD, even if her face is blurred by her eye cyberware!". I have to figure a way to not partake in it at all... maybe I should shoot the guy before the initial mission giver gets shot...

Yeah, also that. On my first V playthrough I was so baffled that I hammered the nails myself... second playthrough I at least was only watching from behind the cam. I was really like "F*** my V shall not appear on a BD, even if her face is blurred by her eye cyberware!". I have to figure a way to not partake in it at all... maybe I should shoot the guy before the initial mission giver gets shot...
I sat on the side and glad I did, it was tough watching even on the side.

I think for real, next time, I will just shoot that guy and his cop and corpo... I can live with that entry of a failed mission...

/derail off ;)

Yep romance don't mean anything here. Look at the ending of a female V Nomad.

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

If you romance Judy she will be there with you when you leave the city. But the game give you a scene of you and Panam riding into the sunset as if she was your lover and completely ignore Judy. That scene would have been perfect if it was time spent with Judy. I get that she was in one of the other vehicles. But why force me with Panam?

Kinda stupid to be honest.

Yep romance don't mean anything here. Look at the ending of a female V Nomad.

SPOILER AHEAD!!!

If you romance Judy she will be there with you when you leave the city. But the game give you a scene of you and Panam riding into the sunset as if she was your lover and completely ignore Judy. That scene would have been perfect if it was time spent with Judy. I get that she was in one of the other vehicles. But why force me with Panam?

Kinda stupid to be honest.
At least there's a good post-credits message. :sad:

Hi, everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way about the relationships.

When I got the Legend ending... I kept waiting for the chance to tell Judy that none of this Night City Legend bullshit matters, that I'd leave it all behind and ditch NC to leave with her and find something happier. But you aren't given the option to choose her. Instead you have to sit and watch V piss away the last good thing she has left. It's sad and frustrating. I just wish the relationships felt like they meant more.

Hi, everyone. It's nice to know I'm not the only one who feels this way about the relationships.

When I got the Legend ending... I kept waiting for the chance to tell Judy that none of this Night City Legend bullshit matters, that I'd leave it all behind and ditch NC to leave with her and find something happier. But you aren't given the option to choose her. Instead you have to sit and watch V piss away the last good thing she has left. It's sad and frustrating. I just wish the relationships felt like they meant more.
You can have a "happy" ending with Judy when you choose Nomad ending. She then leaves with V, but yeah, it's a bit lacking, since Panam is there a main focus anyway.

Well to be honest the game is unifinished and many things are kinda disabled. There are a lot of things missing from the game, and probably since they rushed to published it , they couldn't manage to get them to working.
I mean i remember a statement that clearly stated that you can finish the game without doing the main quest line, so i tried..
i tried to end main quest progression just before The Heist to avoid being shot in the head in the first place,
But it didn't worked, you can't unlift the lockdown unless you progress with the main story. So you are limited to your region only and after you finish all the side quests, there's pretty much nothing you can do beside progressing with the main story line.

For romance they needed to add more content they needed more time, more filming, more scripted dialogue, which apparently they didn't have time to do. So they stripped it down.

On my first playthrough even though i encountered some bugs here and there, without finishing most of the side quests, it felt great.
it had this grim ending, which later confirmed that in any ending you just die... but hey that''s pretty much how Cyberpunk stories work. So can't be mad at that. They wanted to tell a narative of how V died. It's OK. But i was hoping for more, after all the promises they made.
On the second one though i started noticing what is actually missing. And there are a lot of things missing.

Overall the game is not finished. I wouldn't expect a DLC to fix this, but an actual update because clearly the game is nowhere near an actual RPG. They also did remove the RPG tag from the stores because they realised that aswell.

Thing is, i don't have high hopes that new content will be added at all. They have already officially discarded a marketed feature, obviously they will do with more. They marketed nudity, nudity not only for your character... a freaking raw Night City only to get censored along the way on patch 1.03 (which the game launched btw) and an official response saying " yeah nudity never coming back , you can still see your weeny on the inventory and that's all , fu ". To me this is disingenuous, and offensive. One could say that this is fraudulent behavior by CDPR because clearly their marketing affected many purchase decisions.

You can have a "happy" ending with Judy when you choose Nomad ending. She then leaves with V, but yeah, it's a bit lacking, since Panam is there a main focus anyway.
True. The fact that Panam has an ending linked to her makes it weird. I created a female nomad and it was my goal to end my playtrhough like this. Seeing that i couldn't made my experience even more disappointing.

Last edited:
I'm annoyed with the fact that I couldn't even seem to get my desired romance option to come up. I guess I had to dig for it. There really should be more options and for them to have a lasting and meaningful impact on the game. Some words interjected in the ending sequence of choice, at least...

While I'm at it, I'm really annoyed by the censorship of nudity in the game. It has affected the males more than the females. In the sex scenes with Johnny and Alt. she is not censored at all. I really wanted more out of this and its almost like I had a something forced on me. I really wanted to do more with the game with male nudity.

What? I'm not that far yet, but you say that after you go through their tasks with your boyfriend or girlfriend, then there is no interaction? Do I remember it wrong, or did they promise to be able to invite a partner somewhere and so on? I like the game even though it has a lot of problems, but I was looking forward to developing relationships a lot. If it's really all that ... damn it.

What? I'm not that far yet, but you say that after you go through their tasks with your boyfriend or girlfriend, then there is no interaction? Do I remember it wrong, or did they promise to be able to invite a partner somewhere and so on? I like the game even though it has a lot of problems, but I was looking forward to developing relationships a lot. If it's really all that ... damn it.

I got in a relationship with Judy, i went into my appartment called her, i could only hang up. I went to her appartment i could just lean on the window talk some random bullshits, and nothing more. You can't sleep on her house after she practically gave you her "keys", or in any other house that is marked on the map for you (which they will if you progress). This is essentially the same like paying a joytoy for sex and get over with it. **Depth**

I got in a relationship with Judy, i went into my appartment called her, i could only hang up. I went to her appartment i could just lean on the window talk some random bullshits, and nothing more. You can't sleep on her house after she practically gave you her "keys", or in any other house that is marked on the map for you (which they will if you progress). This is essentially the same like paying a joytoy for sex and get over with it. **Depth**
Nooooo! And I was looking forward to dinner with Rivera, for example. Or cuddling on the couch and watching a movie. I was expecting such things. Disappointment! TT__TT So sad....

At least my inquisitor in DA:I can kiss Dorian again and again :LOL:

It may have already been said here. But I think what makes most people really sad is that it was definitely not meant to be like this.

It was advertised how complex and deep relationships are in CP. That V could meet new acquaintances on every corner. That all and more would be possible. Of course, that was a bit of an exaggeration. But it should show that what we are getting is far more complex and better than anything we knew before. None of this happened.

Why not? I don't think it was bad intent. What is certain is that the time pressure was immense. The game had to be on the market for Christmas. The most important business of the year. Now we can see how big the damage really is. How much of what was once considered is now removed from the game. They just removed it or stopped working on it.
Now we have an unfinished, barebones RPG disaster ... in my opinion.

I hope that they remember that there is so much more to do than just fix the technical issues!

I just can't get over the fact that you can just choose both romance options with no consequences because it just doesn't matter. I did it. First river, then Judy. As I told you before. Doesn't matter at all.

Really? Because when I did River's romance. There are times you can end it. Even all the way up on the water tower. You get his gun. And you can still cancel it. I canceled Panam's advancements. Even when I chose the cheers for boobs line. The only thing that is annoying. Is if you're in a relashionship. There is no: I have a lover. You can cheat all the time, if you don't pick the regular cancel choices.

Really? Because when I did River's romance. There are times you can end it. Even all the way up on the water tower. You get his gun. And you can still cancel it. I canceled Panam's advancements. Even when I chose the cheers for boobs line. The only thing that is annoying. Is if you're in a relashionship. There is no: I have a lover. You can cheat all the time, if you don't pick the regular cancel choices.
The OP wants repercussions for what you do. It's never established there's an openness to the relationships so why is it treated as if every lover is okay with it? There only time you can really say "hey I just want to be friends" is before the sex scenes, the flirting still happens.

SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.

Another problem is that if Judy leaves NC, she will keep sending us text messages, but after we finish a romance with her, we don't get anything new at all. No new text messages, NOTHING. That's a nice quality. /s
SMALL SPOILERS AHEAD!

I loved Judy romance, it was sweet, I was beyond happy when I learned she's a lesbian. After I finished the romance I decided to dive into some side quests and there I met River, male romance for Fem V. Basically, game forgot my fem V is in a relationship with Judy.

Johnny was commenting how Fem V wants to be boned by River, there was NO OPTION to deny that even. Then when I advanced to Rivers' quest where there was a small family gathering, his family was constantly commenting how great they look together and again, NO OPTION to disagree. Hell, there wasn't even an option to mention Judy or to mention "I'm already with someone" or anything like that. After dinner, even Fem V was commenting about some romantic walk with him by herself.

Honestly, that's a major dick move to a player who already LOCKED INTO romance with someone. I don't know if it's the other way around River-Judy, but if it's the same, then it's lame as fuck. Not to mention, CDPR always said that sex scene is not the end of the romance. Guess what? Yes, it is. There's nothing more after the sex scene.

Another problem is that if Judy leaves NC, she will keep sending us text messages, but after we finish a romance with her, we don't get anything new at all. No new text messages, NOTHING. That's a nice quality. /s
It is just not for female V, I felt bad for male V during quest whenever he hits on her, she is like very cold. Later I got to know you have to become female V to romance her. Atleast we can make her bi, I really loved her and it was sad that she was not at all affectionate. One of the major reason I chose suicide path cause I didnt got the partner I liked. Guess what who cried the most in end credits, I was like wtffff (visible confusion on my face). CDPR did better role in Witcher for romance related stuff. Although kudos to them for building up the relation, but it was not satisfactory for male v, and as I rade your comments not also for female V.

Top Bottom