IMPORTANT PRODUCTION UPDATE

+
I was putting away my Witcher 3 replay until the remaster, so this is a bit annoying.
Me too but as soon as I finish what I'm playing now I'm putting together a new mod list and playing again. I really wanted to record a complete play through for my YouTube channel and I'm debating whether to just do it now or wait .... I'll probably wait

At least don't specify your next target in the delay update.
It's not like you're good with targets.

Apologies for the extended wait, but we want to make it right.
*sigh*

All I can say is: Note that they say they "want" to make it right, not that they will. It's an intention (at best), not a promise (not that one would be believable at this point).

P.s. Day 314 of there still not being any in-game way to change V's physical appearance after the intro.

Serious question, what am I even waiting for at this point? On the Witcher 3 re-release, is there honestly any reason not to just pick up the best 4k, ray-tracing, and texture mods I can find and do my next play-through when I feel like it? Besides one cosmetic DLC, I don't see any tangible reason to torture myself for another 9 months.

Next generation updates of CP77 for consoles and pc: what do they mean by this?
I'm assuming the original roadmap still holds some value, since this message pertains specifically to the 'next gen updates'.
Or maybe it doesn't, can't really know for sure these days. They give out very little info.

It's often the "back in my day.." "boomers" who reinforce the idea that "games have a hit a peak" or "It can't look any better!".
I can admit being a ”boomer”. I think some games from 20 years ago already look good enough.

My point isn’t that they ”can’t” look better, but that they really don’t ”need to” anymore.

The emphasis on game design should be on gameplay, content and optimization at this point, while graphical evolution should be on a much more frugal level because graphics don’t make the game better at any level (except for possibly obfuscating clear design flaws with blinding shine for some people).

It’s a largely unnecessary and even harmful endeavor to compulsively push for shinier and shinier, because it always comes at a cost at other, more important, aspects. There are too many games that look very pretty, but play like cheap shit because too much effort went into visuals.

I can admit being a ”boomer”. I think some games from 20 years ago already look good enough.

My point isn’t that they ”can’t” look better, but that they really don’t ”need to” anymore.

The emphasis on game design should be on gameplay, content and optimization at this point, while graphical evolution should be on a much more frugal level because graphics don’t make the game better at any level (except for possibly obfuscating clear design flaws with blinding shine for some people).

It’s a largely unnecessary and even harmful endeavor to compulsively push for shinier and shinier, because it always comes at a cost at other, more important, aspects. There are too many games that look very pretty, but play like cheap shit because too much effort went into visuals.

It's always funny when people claim that graphics are super important, but ALL the most popular games in the world had crap graphics even when they launched in every genre.

This is simply a shameless money grab due to the fallout of the world economy from the virus. Why are people not aware of the state things. Just even now nobody knows for sure if anything will stay running as projected. Cyberpunk2077 was supposed to release late 2022 or early 2023 [...]. Most fell into this zombie like consumer hive mind a long time ago can't complain now though. As for CDproject man i gotta say if they didn't release this late last year.. the zombie life would be unbearable I like Cyberpunk over 90% of games even i see coming. The Witcher 3? screw that game its old news again the sickening trend re-release every old good title ever made in 4k instead of new actual good games. Think I'm done as a gamer as always 15 games worth playing out of 100+ every new console release.
Post automatically merged:

It's always funny when people claim that graphics are super important, but ALL the most popular games in the world had crap graphics even when they launched in every genre.
Lol you hit on the head, its truly too bad gaming is now for the masses that will swallow anything that looks like gold but plays like Sh%t. 4k-8KTVs are making things worse... you need 20/20 vision to enjoy it in the first place. Cyberpunk does do lots of things good the scale and complexity of the world design is by far the best I ever seen and probably why its so problematic it hurts the gameplay mechanics way to much as a result.
Post automatically merged:

Serious question, what am I even waiting for at this point? On the Witcher 3 re-release, is there honestly any reason not to just pick up the best 4k, ray-tracing, and texture mods I can find and do my next play-through when I feel like it? Besides one cosmetic DLC, I don't see any tangible reason to torture myself for another 9I

Last edited:
Seems a strange choice. So many of the big games have been delayed until Q1 and Q2 2022 that there's a vacuum of big titles between now and xmas . The CP77 and TW3 next gen versions are likely to disappear without trace beneath all the competition next year.

Thanks for the info, I can wait no problem :)
Anyway, those who don't like the game currently, certainly still won't like it with "only" a visual/graphic update, whatever the platform...

You keep up with all things Cyberpunk2077 more than anyone else I have seen (based on my limited interactions here but still you are the one that comes to mind other than maybe the moderators). What is your interpretation of this announcement? I am confused as to how this effects the PC game? Would you guess that this means DLCs NOT going to be out for Christmas holidays?

If that is the case I am personally starting to lose my interest and enthusiasm. If only there were official tools for modding the game then at least mod makers could give us some STORY contented to help keep us in this playground.

Under totally wrong expectations - one week later the game was thrown into the dust all across the boards. lmao

That's just access media. You give a game a bad review, you lose access to promotional stuff, you lose material to make content, you lose viewers/readers, you lose ad revenue, you go out of business.

It's been this way for at least 20 years yet people still quote reviews and review scores with the same fervor as some quote the bible.

First no one should be surprised by this, considering CP2077's track record, of constant delays. The fact that it wasn't launch ready for 6 months after launch, by CDPR's own admission, just means that everything is going to be delayed.

The biggest issue I have here is that they say they are listening to the devs. Yeah right, lets be honest here, they are only listening to their devs so that a) They don't have another PR hassle and b) They don't want their investors to turn on them again. That said, it won't be released "when it's ready" it'll be released "when the investors say so" and not a moment after.

It should say something that in the past 6 months or so, they haven't had a conversation with their customers, they've only communicated with their investors. So who do you think they value more, and whose opinion do you think they care about more? The people that they don't communicate at all with, except for the very occasional twitter post, or their investors that they communicate regularly?

Not to me. I see the fact Witcher 3 takes that long just as a very cheap port done by an intern at saber interactive. Regarding cp77, if they don't fix bugs first they'll just port them on new consoles too. I don't expect them to deliver a polished console version in the next 6 months and, on the other hand, if it's not polished oh boy oh boy...
I'm even more of the idea they should just cancel DLCs and start working on Witcher 4, leaving a dozen (or whatever they need) of Devs to implement crowd and police AI systems in their engine for cyberpunk 2078.
I really can't see how they could manage to significantly improve this game at this point.
Here is an idea. Just let the modding community create mods for these games that will expand the story. If it weren't for the modders doing this for Fallout 4 and Skyrim, I would have quit playing those games a long time ago.

Here is an idea. Just let the modding community create mods for these games that will expand the story. If it weren't for the modders doing this for Fallout 4 and Skyrim, I would have quit playing those games a long time ago.

Mooders are great at making the gameplay better and redoing models and textures, but story content? Yeah, no.

A perfect example of this is the mod for Fallout NV that is supposed to be this huge story mod and it's just complete nonsensical garbage.

yeah because of the modding scene and not of "their" work lol - you will never ever see a ranking like this for consoles not in a million years
On the Xbox Store on my side, rated 4/5 stars (5 stars for 60% of players). Not that bad, not far from 9/10 and at least, already way better than many games :)
You keep up with all things Cyberpunk2077 more than anyone else I have seen (based on my limited interactions here but still you are the one that comes to mind other than maybe the moderators). What is your interpretation of this announcement? I am confused as to how this effects the PC game? Would you guess that this means DLCs NOT going to be out for Christmas holidays?

If that is the case I am personally starting to lose my interest and enthusiasm. If only there were official tools for modding the game then at least mod makers could give us some STORY contented to help keep us in this playground.
I think DLCs and Patchs/Hotfixs are not concerned at all. I'm almost certain that we can really hope and see a next patch with more free DLCs before the end of 2021. So in short, delayed "Next-Gen" patch don't means "delayed" updates or also "delayed free DLCs".
(it also don't means that the mods support and mod tool won't be released before the next gen patch)

And I say without any infos, but for PCs users, a next gen patch could mean what @Dexhii had already say :
It's mentioned that the PC version has suffered as a direct result of old-gen consoles holding it back. Think, texture pop-in. downgrades etc. I'm sure you can search this forum and find many threads on the subject. The next-gen version would allow them to remove said bottlenecks, and add (visual) features into it.

Last edited:
Yeah.

My ”dream Cyberpunk RPG” would actually have ASCII-like graphics and a textbox to describe what happens around the character, and a really good sound design and score. With huge emphasis on RPG systems and interactivity, narrative forking and choice&consequence and cause&effect.

That might sound overkill, but I firmly believe that tickling the players imagination rather than showing everything in the highest possible detail like the developers imagined it leads to a more engaging experience in games like RPG’s that focus on storytelling interactivity and character developement/growth.

The ”show, don’t tell” mantra is in my view skewed because you can never show ”well enough” (as can be seen on the ever growing emphasis on better graphical presentation) and because showing can never match the view on the mind’s eye that comes from a simple description.

But this is beside the threads topic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom