Interviews and Articles on TW3

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt it. They stressed numerous times their PR will be 100% directed on TW3. CP2077 has to wait in line for now.

WITCHER wins again

ThalerThefence said:
wait!!wAit! the 30fps cap.its for the consols only and not the pc?dont let this become like dark souls port witch capped fps

i would like to reassure everyone on this topic. yes it's clearly stated in the article that cdproject is AIMING ( so they are not even succeded yet, possibly) in achiving 30 fps on console ( and i may add as a personal tought, with very little surprise for my part. as seen the level of ultra garbage mounted on those 500 dollars toasters they have to deal with. next gen my ass) but to remain on topic, yes that's intended for console ONLY. PC will most likle have no cap at all like always, i wuold be extreamely buffled if a performing softwere house like cd project who is so capable of devoloping for pc ( countrary of the dark souls team form the example above wich is quite the opposite) made such an unfrogivable mistake after alle the incredible umbelivable stuff they are adding to the pc version. so do not fear it's next to impossible the game will be capped to 30 fps on pc, cd project it's not made of mad people

Guys I don't know where to discuss this, I saw an interview kind of an old one at the past E3 with John Mamais (sorry for the name if it's wrong), he kind of stated that the open world will contain just 3 really big areas and you roam these areas?

What I visioned was different as if this is really OPEN world and we can fully roam the Northen Kingdoms- going back to kear morhen, Rivia or whatever even maybe a pass to Nilfgard if there are times after the war or whatever! Did I imagine much? Or Are those 3 areas contain what I've said? -Please someone assures me, so I can sleep happily! :3

Tutux said:
Guys I don't know where to discuss this, I saw an interview kind of an old one at the past E3 with John Mamais (sorry for the name if it's wrong), he kind of stated that the open world will contain just 3 really big areas and you roam these areas?

What I visioned was different as if this is really OPEN world and we can fully roam the Northen Kingdoms- going back to kear morhen, Rivia or whatever even maybe a pass to Nilfgard if there are times after the war or whatever! Did I imagine much? Or Are those 3 areas contain what I've said? -Please someone assures me, so I can sleep happily! :3

I don't know the interview, but just like in the last trailer, they always say it will be "multi-region open world" not just "open world". I wouldn't mind it, the regions would simulate the acts in my opinion.

Kallelinski said:
I don't know the interview, but just like in the last trailer, they always say it will be "multi-region open world" not just "open world". I wouldn't mind it, the regions would simulate the acts in my opinion.

I don't think anyone besides CD Projekt knows for certain, my guess is that there is one big open world without borders/loading times with multi-region refering to different biomes.

Guys this is the interview I'm talking about :

Around 0:54 see he basically answered my question I guess? He mentioned the Northen Kingdoms, but all guessing to be new locations (how?) :/ We've been already in the northen kingdoms and we visited Kear morhen and different places, guess we wont see those again! -it's kind of sad, it's the last chance to play as geralt and you want to relive those lost moments he lived before since he regained his memory!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmA8fvAlpxU

IIRC Kaer Morhen is in the game, and the map will be limited to Skellige, Novigrad and its surroundings, as well as parts of the Northern Kingdoms. From what they've said so far, you have a fully open world. Multi-region refers to the three regions I mentioned within the open world. CDPR have not confirmed/denied anything about revisiting old locations - they do seem to be in the general area where TW3 will be taking place so who knows, we might see Vizima once more.

Don't ask me for sources, this was information from quite some time ago.

ReptilePZ said:
IIRC Kaer Morhen is in the game, and the map will be limited to Skellige, Novigrad and its surroundings, as well as parts of the Northern Kingdoms. From what they've said so far, you have a fully open world. Multi-region refers to the three regions I mentioned within the open world. CDPR have not confirmed/denied anything about revisiting old locations - they do seem to be in the general area where TW3 will be taking place so who knows, we might see Vizima once more.

Don't ask me for sources, this was information from quite some time ago.

Not asking for sources, but didn't John put it clear to have new locations? I mean NEW!!!
And I REALLY HOPE we can revisit old locations that are not corrupted at least.

Skellige will be separate area though, you will be able to free-roam the islands but to get there from the continent I expect a load-screen travel thing.

Tutux said:
Not asking for sources, but didn't John put it clear to have new locations? I mean NEW!!!
And I REALLY HOPE we can revisit old locations that are not corrupted at least.
With all due repsect, Mamais doesn't really seem to know much about the previous games. It looks like he's just repeating what he's been told to say and he didn't actually know the answer to that question in particular.

Either way, as I said, I'm pretty sure CDPR said that Kaer Morhen was going to be in TW3 so that's already going against Mamais' words.

In short, we actually don't really know but it's a possibility that we'll have old areas revisited.

@gregski Probably. Or they might just make you take a long boat ride :p

ReptilePZ said:
With all due repsect, Mamais doesn't really seem to know much about the previous games. It looks like he's just repeating what he's been told to say and he didn't actually know the answer to that question in particular.

Either way, as I said, I'm pretty sure CDPR said that Kaer Morhen was going to be in TW3 so that's already going against Mamais' words.

In short, we actually don't really know but it's a possibility that we'll have old areas revisited.

@gregski Probably. Or they might just make you take a long boat ride :p/>/>

not my thing really, but I'm taking your word for it, since it appears to me you know a good deal about the game! Hopefully, that's true! I'm keen on revising old locations just to see how things are playing out/or my actions results. Yes to a visit or two to Kear Morhen, nothing as good, old times!

Are those islands that big to be a separate location? like is it considered to be a really big area to roam and explore for hours?

Yep, 'No Man's Land' is a pretty vague description and that's the region that might include any areas from the previous titles, if there are any.

wow that's really helpful lol I was concerned how am I going to spend hours exploring an island and its small bits but guess I was wrong! And yeah as you guys said it's still unstable. At least got things clear. Thanks.

ReptilePZ said:
Yep, 'No Man's Land' is a pretty vague description and that's the region that might include any areas from the previous titles, if there are any.

Could it be Vizima since it's already ashes and for literally no one lol or those areas around that old swamp. Well I thought that was made up for the case of showing how ambiguous the world not really included in-game like its story of that woman, too.

Tutux said:
Could it be Vizima since it's already ashes and for literally no one lol or those areas around that old swamp. Well I thought that was made up for the case of showing how ambiguous the world not really included in-game like its story of that woman, too.
Only the devs know that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom