Is Dynamic Resolution mod still possible for W3?

+
I had a hard time on maintaining 30fps with my prefer graphic settings using a laptop
Specs:
Intel Core i7 4720HQ 2.6Ghz
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4GB
Windows 10

I play other games like Warframe where it has dynamic resolution where my framerate remains smooth with the cost of scaling the resolution, though the visuals remains ok for me. I've been thinking if such mod is possible for Witcher 3 so that I can maintain at least 30fps. So is it still possible?

Guest 2364765

Possibly, since engine only supports decoupling back buffer resolution as long as its lower than viewport (hello consoles).

But that would mean you would also have to write yourself a system to analyze FPS based on some sort of histeresys to know when and how to adjust resolution.

Oh I see, its just sad CDPR didn't try implementing such in-game setting for low-mid end users like me to play the game in decent framerate.
I've been searching for a software that will activate the dynamic resolution on W3. I found this software called HialgoBOOST, I don't know if this thing really works and supports W3. I'm yet to test this but I fear I might get problems
Anyway, if possible, can I request to have a mod to create this game setting? Does modders can also do this as well?

EDIT: Recenty I just learned W3 isn't supported, yet. :(

TBH with those specs you should easily be able to do a solid 30fps at max or near max details @1080p unless you're going for hairworks. Probably something going on with your hardware or software setup. You check if the CPU/GPU clocks aren't getting throttled when you're running the game?

Last edited:
TBH with those specs you should easily be able to do a solid 30fps at max or near max details @1080p unless you're going for hairworks. Probably something going on with your hardware or software setup. You check if the CPU/GPU clocks aren't getting throttled when you're running the game?

I wish I could run it at 30fps at med-high settings 1080p, but unfortunately, like you said, there's GPU throttling a lot on my laptop where I had to go through a lot of problems when I repasted it to a nearby local repair store. The only thing that keeps my GPU alive is the MSI Afterburner. I have a modded BIOS that unlocks the GPU temp limits. My temperature goes as far as 97°c. But I can reduce it if I limit it to 89° in the settings of MSI Afterburner. So the lowest core clock I'm getting is 640Mhz.

I play Warframe with the Dynamic Resolution into Auto. Sadly I can't do the same on this game.

Top Bottom