Is it possible to create character meshes/animations?

+
Is it possible to create character meshes/animations?

I remember when the Redkit first came out there were forum threads over how it was impossible to do things like create new armor for Geralt and stuff like that because CD Projekt didn't release enough files for the game. However since then we've seen stuff like New Combat Rebalance and I heard that mod added animations to the game.

What I'm wondering is what exactly are the limitations of the Redkit now? Is it possible now to say, create a character model and import them into the Redkit on the game's animation skeleton? If so what bones do you use? Can you import with different animations? Or is that not possible? I can't seem to find this information.

Last edited:
Hey DeadYorick
as far as I understand it is possible otherwise the guys working on the story mod Farewell of the White Wolf would not use models from the witcher 3. I can't tell you much about the limitations, but I think that it is really hard to create new animations. The best way to find out what bones got used is probably looking at the files in the REDKit or the exported game files of the witcher 2. I am no expert sorry.
Greetings Nemo

Top Bottom