Is the game safe to purchase now?

+
NarutovsWitcher- This website won't let me reply with quote. I am like you, i usually wait till the first patch comes out to buy the game which i did. I would say to go ahead and buy it. the issues are not big enough to shy away from it. I only have 3 issues with the game. For me (on PS4) the game only crashes when i play "gwent" and i go to pass my turn, every time i try to pass it crashes. But if i dont pass then i can play the full game. 2nd i am not sure if this is for everyone one but in cut screens, some times there is a random load screen in the middle of the cut screen, and sometimes it cuts back in in mid conversations so you dont get to hear everything being said. The load screens are outrageously long, i remember reading a comparison to Skyrims load screens on everything and how its not as bad, granted there isn't load screens on everything in W3, but when there is they are really damn long. but those are my only complaints. none of that should distract you from buying the game

I have zero issues with the game, and it's one of the best I've ever played so yes, buy it now and start enjoying it.

NarutovsWitcher[quote said:
I didn't pre-order the game, because these days every game sucks at release for a few weeks until it is patched. So many bugs and crashes. I have read the same on W3, people crashing and having bugs, so I am glad I didn't pre-order.
You have posts about bugs and crashes in any game forum, there are always people with problems. For me, according to Gog Galaxy i'm 75hours into the game and had 1! crash. No quest bugs, no other things. For me, the game is just a blast.

I would say the people posting here saying they only had one or a few crashes are lucky.
I lost count of the number of times the game crashed or locked up so I have to kill it via task manager.
There also seems to be allot of random bugs, some that even blocks progress.

If I were you I would wait a couple more weeks and let them get the worst of the bugs sorted, because in my opinion this is more of a beta than a release ready game.
When most people say the game is the most bug free open world game ever released and you are getting the opposite experience, the fault is almost always on your PC, not the game.
After last years Unity disaster most people had few issues with Dragon Age Inquisition. Yet for a minority it wasn't the case. I know enough to troubleshoot my own issues, yet all the usual methods failed. Though every other game, including recent ones like Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor, ran just fine. DAI just wouldn't even run, though no specific fault was present. Certain key points would cause a crash one time, but run past the next. Yet, in some 200+ starts, I only ever got to character creation 3 times and the furthest I got was to the first fight.
Crash after crash after crash, The forums were full of posts but in reality, we were a tiny minority having issues. I never found any specific reason only, this genric one.

The longer your version of windows is installed the more the errors and bugs build up. Somewhere, somehow, one of those bugs was the cause of my issues.
I rarely get more than 6 months out oif Windows, before some issue I can't be bothered tracking down, causes a problem.
Simply reinstalling a backup usually does the trick and that's all I did.
Dragon Age ran just fine afterwards, I rarely if ever crashed and only after long sessions of playing.

I've learnt from modding that most users don't have a clue what the problem really is and often assume it's the last thing used, with no evidence and sometimes when the evidence says otherwise.

I'm not saying this applies to you but if it's not an identifiable recurring event, look to the other suspects, particularly an old install of Windows.
The other issue is that randomly occuring bugs are the most difficult to solve. If devs can't repeat the issue they can't fix it either.

Good Luck, getting it fixed I It sucks when yoy can't play and others can.

Last edited:
Top Bottom