Is this true?

+
From reddit:

Whether or not some PR guy says it's true or not do *you* believe it to be true?
It's a complete game in the same way Witcher 2 was on the release day. Witcher 2 was buggy and unstable. It lacked some narrative content and the finale felt abrupt. Then we got 2.0 and Enhanced versions, that improved the game across the board, but didn't turn it into something else. Just quality of life improvements, bug fixes and new content for the Act 3 and endings.

I believe the same is ahead for CP77. No, it's not gonna be the game that people expected and fantasized about because of all the PR talk. We will get quality of life improvements and extra content like expansions (if we're lucky, they will be as good as in Witcher 3). But the main game is basically what it is. Take it or leave it. They won't turn it into WIzardry 8 or GTAV. Just forget about that investors talk from 2013 about super-RPG experience. Or living and breathing city.

No, I don't think so. They never hinted at CP2077 free DLC program being more ambitious in scope than free DLC program for TW3. Before release, they were saying: "expect pretty much what we gave you for TW3". And those 16 DLCs were: few sidequests, few armour sets, few crossbows, NG+ and alternate outfits for Yennefer, Triss and Ciri. Nothing game changing.

I mean even if you are going to add in new features and big changes, I'm not sure why you would do that in the Patches or as Free DLC versus as part of a paid expansion.

Buy INTO THE BADLANDS!

* Expanded romance options
* More dangerous and intelligent Police AI
* Acid rain

There also a lot more players who play at the same time (hence the peak of crash)
It would be interesting to superimpose the graphic of active players on top, that would be rather obvious.

Off-topic, but I note the little * on the first pic with the mention "*small additional content" :)

According to this, it's because everyone was downloading it and they haven't solved the downloads causing crashes.

On slide number 4 you can see how our efforts improved Cyberpunk stability. The crash rate
is getting lower and lower with each update. Please bear in mind that it's somewhat natural
for each new update to cause some extra short-term boost in statistics which is strictly related
to the process of downloading and installing the update itself. That’s why the chart shows
local peaks around the time of releases. But overall, we can definitely observe a downward
trend here.

That second graph has always killed me since there is no Y axis.

The Y axis could be between 1% and 1.5% or 0% and 100% .. so there is little value in this graph, I'm not even sure why the published it without all the relevant information :/

Because it's for reassuring executives that yes, indeed, things are getting better.

Guest 3847602

I mean even if you are going to add in new features and big changes, I'm not sure why you would do that in the Patches or as Free DLC versus as part of a paid expansion.

Buy INTO THE BADLANDS!

* Expanded romance options
* More dangerous and intelligent Police AI
* Acid rain
I don't know... Keeping the improved police AI behind paywall is really low-class. Romance options? Fine, they'll probably add a few more Meredith-like in expansions (just like they've done in HoS and BaW). Acid rain is already in the game.

I'm a part of the questionable group of mysterious creatures that op asked about.
We can only criticize the game when the moon is shining though, or at least the in game moon.

Perhaps, but the data is irrelevant without the Y axis as this could show basically no improvement, or massive improvements.

Its Schrödinger's graph!
Y axis is not needed... execpt if you want exact number. But the goal of this graph is to show the "reduction" not the exact number of crashes :)
Let's imagine :
You can see between the beginning and the end, the total of crashes have be reduced about by half.
  • If you take 0-100 crashes for Y axis > reduction of about 50 crashes > 50%.
  • If you take 0-10 000 crashes for Y axis > reduction of about 5 000 crashes > also 50%.
  • If you take 0-1 000 000 crashes for Y axis > reduction of about 500 000 crashes > Oh surprinsing, it's also 50%.
Whatever the value of the Y axis, it's always 50%. So we could said : Cyberpunk is twice as stable in May as in December.

Last edited:
It's true indeed.
All the official statements from CDPR show that they are satisfied with the game.
They only want to "improve console preformance" AKA get more sale on console.

"Half of what?"
"How many?"

Y axis are important on a graph since they help turn data into information ;)

Mind you, the financial explanation said exactly what the issue was and that it was related to stability so we're just missing the speech that went with it.

Which said, "We're about twice as stable as we used to be."

"IS THIS TRUE?"

"The only ones considering Cyberpunk an early access game are hopeful fans that think CDPR will invest years and manpower to bring it in line with past promises."

"Truth is CDPR considers this a complete game in need of a technical and performance pass."

Nope. From what I understood is CDPR said they were very satisfied with the current state of the game, and will continue to support it.

Y axis is not needed... execpt if you want exact number. But the goal of this graph is to show the "reduction" not the exact number of crashes :)
Let's imagine :
You can see between the beginning and the end, the total of crashes have be reduced about by half.
  • If you take 0-100 crashes for Y axis > reduction of about 50 crashes > 50%.
  • If you take 0-10 000 crashes for Y axis > reduction of about 5 000 crashes > also 50%.
  • If you take 0-1 000 000 crashes for Y axis > reduction of about 500 000 crashes > Oh surprinsing, it's also 50%.
Whatever the value of the Y axis, it's always 50%. So we could said : Cyberpunk is twice as stable in May as in December.

That's not exactly true.

It could be a percentage that starts at 1% and ranges up to 2% so even if it was a 50% increase of stability, it would only be 50% of 1%.

If a Y axis was not important on graphs, then no graph would not bother having one. Its interesting that CDPR do not seem to wish to show what the Y axis is ... :rolleyes:

"IS THIS TRUE?"

"The only ones considering Cyberpunk an early access game are hopeful fans that think CDPR will invest years and manpower to bring it in line with past promises."

"Truth is CDPR considers this a complete game in need of a technical and performance pass."

Nope. From what I understood is CDPR said they were very satisfied with the current state of the game, and will continue to support it.

Mind you, that's a double edged sword because they don't think the game needs massive changes.
Post automatically merged:

If a Y axis was not important on graphs, then no graph would not bother having one. Its interesting that CDPR do not seem to wish to show what the Y axis is ... :rolleyes:

Because the diagram accompanied a speech to investors that explained the context?

Not everything is a conspiracy.

That's not exactly true.

It could be a percentage that starts at 1% and ranges up to 2% so even if it was a 50% increase of stability, it would only be 50% of 1%.

If a Y axis was not important on graphs, then no graph would not bother having one. Its interesting that CDPR do not seem to wish to show what the Y axis is ...
Oh yes, 50% of 1% is not really 50% o_O
You can try it in any way you want, Cyberpunk is twice as stable in May as it is in December and whatever the Y Axis ;)

Top Bottom