isometric camera issue

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
isometric camera issue

I am playing the witcher. But I do not like the isometric camera. may be my machine is not good, so I found the camera roting too mush when the major role is running. it makes me headache. The witcher uses NWN engine. and the isometric camera equal to the Toggle camera in NWN. Is it possible to switch the witcher's isometric camera to NWN's non toggle camera? thanks.by the way, can the major role walk besiides running.

Hey all,So I was having all sorts of performance problems and couldn't figure out why. I had no trouble playing the demo with max settings, but no matter what I did with the settings on the full version it was constant "jumping" and "shaking" on the screen. Kind of hard to explain, but picture just walking forward and the image kind of shifting up and down slightly fairly fast. Similar to stuttering, but there was no actual slow down or true hitching. Anyway, I was using the isometric view, which is the one I enjoyed in the demo, but when I tried over the shoulder, all problems solved. So, what could be the problem? In the demo isometric view worked fine and the video was smooth, but on the retail copy (patch is applied) I get this constant jumping and stuttering type thing in that view. I'll adapt to OTS if it's the only way I can get performance, but would rather use the isometric view. Any ideas?

XenoalAZ said:
I was having all sorts of performance problems and couldn't figure out why.
Processor Manufacturer: AMD / IntelProcessor Type: Athlon 64 / Pentium / dual core / quad, etc. Processor Speed: ?.? Ghz (or AMD Performance Number)Operating System / Service Pack: WindowsXP with SP #?, Vista ? System RAM: ? ? GBs (MBs, if less than 1024) Video (GPU) Manufacturer: ATI / Nvidia (only those are supported)Video Card Model: (examples) Radeon x1650 Pro / Geforce 7600 GS Video Card onboard RAM: ? ? ? MBsVideo Card Driver Version: Catalyst ?.? / Nforce ??.?? (use numbers, not the word "latest")Fill it in.

No, if there is no movement it doesn't happen. And it's not just the normal camera movement that would happen from moving around. Like I said, the demo does not have this problem at all. Pentium D Dual Core 3.2 ghzWindows XP SP 23 gig ramNvidia 7900 GTX 512mbForceware 169.21 driver

Every time I run my camera vibrates up and down like hell. I imagine it's because of the not smooth landscape. I've played many mmorpgs that have similar movement but the camera always stays stable. It's abit better when I use the camera over shoulder mode but I don't really like it. It's not about the fps so don't bother.Any suggestions how could this be fixed?

I have no problem with OTS view. However, I never really have liked the way the other views work, either. There definitely is some 'jerkiness' involved. With OTS view, my game plays nice and smooth. You might want to stipulate exactly which view you prefer and what screen resolution you're playing at.

I also experienced this problem since first version of game. It's kinda hard to describe.When you're moving around almost any kind of map you occasionally see the camera doing a fast and sharp movement up and down. It's just as if... an immaginary cameraman following Geralt keeps stumbling on a hole every now and then.This never occurs on OTS view, but i don't like that view so much... i'd rather have this glitch fixed.. or simply get used to it :(I'll post here some online footage of the problem as soon as i manage to get a good video of it.

Hye guys, I'm experienceing this weird thing with my isometric view. Every five steps or so, the camera does this jittery thing, like up and down fast movement.Sort of as if Gerald is running over a bunch of steps instead of a grassy plain. I bought the enhanced edition and its been doing this jittery thing since the 1st minute I went into isometric view. The problem is reduced in OTS view, as in it doesnt happen as often, but it is still there. I know other poeple have had this problem, and it is really really annoying since I use isometric view to walk around the big open spaces. It is making me dread playing the Witcher, which i dont want to happen.Other threads about this problem: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16447.msg395609#msg395609

i have a t61p from lenovorunning 64 bit windows vista home edition. 4 gigs ddr2 memory320 gb, 5400 rpm hard drive,nvidida quadro fx 570m (equivalent of nvidia 8600m GT) graphics cardhas run other games, such as half life 2, medieval 2 total war, call of duty 4, and team fortess 2 just fine with no hiccups.Anything else you;d like to kno?

I'm not sure the camera shaking I'm experiencing is normally supposed to occur. Every few steps Geralt takes my the screen seems to 'shift' back and up, and then revert back to its normal position. This makes me nauseous and renders the game unplayable for me...is this supposed to happen? How can I fix this?

Taski897 said:
I'm not sure the camera shaking I'm experiencing is normally supposed to occur. Every few steps Geralt takes my the screen seems to 'shift' back and up, and then revert back to its normal position. This makes me nauseous and renders the game unplayable for me...is this supposed to happen? How can I fix this?
what camera mode?

I am getting the same problem. Gives me a headache to play. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this? Vista Home Premium SP1Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 3 GB RAMATI Radeon X1300 PRO, driver version 8.582.0.0

HeWasRivian said:
I am getting the same problem. Gives me a headache to play. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this? ATI Radeon X1300 PRO, driver version 8.582.0.0
the latest video drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.12&lang=Englishand i presume you play at 800x600 with all on LOW ?

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
I am getting the same problem. Gives me a headache to play. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this? ATI Radeon X1300 PRO, driver version 8.582.0.0
the latest video drivers: http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.12&lang=Englishand i presume you play at 800x600 with all on LOW ?
I have this problem too, and for me it doesn't matter if I play on low or not.My specs are:p8600 2.4GHz Dual Core.GeForce 9600M GT 512MB DDR2.4GB of DDR2 RAM.64bit Vista SP1, fully updated drivers and OS and game.My laptop is a Sager NP2096, brand new, defraged and with no malware.Tried reinstalling the game, didn't work.The cam jumps when I walk, as if I'm walking over a bunch of potholes, it's really annoying and happens in all view modes.
LicaonKter said:
I am getting the same problem. Gives me a headache to play. Does anyone have any suggestions for how to fix this? Vista Home Premium SP1Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 3800+ 3 GB RAMATI Radeon X1300 PRO, driver version 8.582.0.0
3GB? So you're on a 32bit machine? Hmm, I was thinking it might've been because we're on 64bit.

Same here: it doesn't matter whether I run the game on 800 x 600 and everything on low. I typically run it on 1600 x 1150 with medium-low settings, but I tried it on absolute lowest settings, and the stuttering happened exactly as it did before.I downloaded and installed the latest video drivers. No effect.Yes, my machine is the 32-bit variety.

Gigith said:
The cam jumps when I walk, as if I'm walking over a bunch of potholes, it's really annoying and happens in all view modes.
while in OTS mode this would be normal, yet in isometric it's strangethere is no knows "fix" for it :hmmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom