Leveling paths

+
Leveling paths

What is your favorite leveling path in the Witcher 2?

I have to go with the Swordsmanship there is just something cool about the sword it's an instant action and plus who could resist slicing and dicing of a monster ( human or other wise )

Second comes the magic i hardly ever choose that one but what i remember it was pretty awesome too

Your turn my dear Witcher fans and don't forget to vote

Time for me to make an quick escape to the Witcher world so see ya guys later :)

I always like swordsman best but I have bits from the other paths too, especially now they can be tried out in the arena first. I need to do a pure magic route as yet, I haven't tried it.

slimgrin said:
Swordsman and magic, simply because the perks are less passive and magic is fun to play with.

I use the magic especially in the group attacks when the X appears that reminds gotta get screen shots from that action...

The last time i played i got this one i thought it was really funny :D

I didn't even realize i had it until i was flipping through the pict i was like how on earth did you Geralt do that?

I use all three with emphasis on swordsmanship.

In the alchemy tree, I like to get a couple talents into Catalysis to get the negative effects of potions dramatically reduced while increasing the positve. This allows me to use a number of stronger potions that would otherwise have had serious side-effects. Potions like Virga, Gadwall, Maribor Forest, Thunderbolt, and Tiara for example.

http://witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Effects_of_Catalysis

For the magic tree I like to level Quen and sometimes Igni. Everything else goes into swordsmanship.

This combination has served me well in the arena as well as twelve passes through the game (the last three on Dark Mode).

gregski said:
I started to mix Swordsmanship with Alchemy, bombs are too much fun!

Bombs could be cool i tried them with harpies and realized i sucked at it lol

So the sword fight is more up to my ally i think it takes skill to see when to throw that bomb the last time i almost blew my self up with that i did not try it again.

Could try it with nekkers though any advice against them? what bomb would do?

Elves4me2 said:
Thank you i could surely try that one if i am luckier this time :)

Use it in the caves during the "Malena" and "Kayran: Ostmurk" quests.

As soon as you see the nekkers, spam 5 or 6 Dancing Stars into them or just in front of them. They will run through the fire and get incinerated. Very fun!

I generally do a swordsman , alchemy or swordsman , magic witcher which has it`s benefits . I did do a pure alchemy play pre 2.0 and it was the most fun and challenging build when i say pure i mean ALL talents were in the alchemy tree . The only problem i had was during the whole "mist" thing and the draug was by far the toughest opponent . I may on the next play do a pure magic build , haven`t done one of those so we`ll see . Oh and all plays were on hard .

Yes roasting nekkers is pure fun ! Works pretty good on humans too .

Tommy said:
I generally do a swordsman , alchemy or swordsman , magic witcher which has it`s benefits . I did do a pure alchemy play pre 2.0 and it was the most fun and challenging build when i say pure i mean ALL talents were in the alchemy tree.

Yeah, pure alchemy build . Good times. The most fun path to play, to my mind.

The only problem i had was during the whole "mist" thing and the draug was by far the toughest opponent .

That one fight should be thought over. It favours those who heavily invested in Swordsmanship path, but penalizes everyone else. It's especially painful now, when blocking does not shield you from damage. Ouch!

I may on the next play do a pure magic build , haven`t done one of those so we`ll see . Oh and all plays were on hard .

I played (nearly) pure magic build. The Heliothrop signed is pure win - but before that you have quite good toys too. I relied mainly on Aard, Yrden and Quen. I didn't use Axii and Ignii at all, even though I invested some points in both of them.

It was after I tweaked the config xml files and reduced the power of Quen so it could absorb only one hit.

I try to use quen sparingly . Except when running through Flotsam forest and all those traps that can`t be seen . A couple of those traps done me in a time or two when fighting the nekkers . A warrior snuck in on my backside and hit once so naturally i tried getting away and run right in 2 traps....reload . Fun times !

Tommy said:
I try to use quen sparingly .

Yeah, that's why I reduced it's power. It's less tempting that way. ;) I still found it overpowered - though with patch 2.0 using it with magic build makes more sense when blocking doesn't really block damage.

Except when running through Flotsam forest and all those traps that can`t be seen . A couple of those traps done me in a time or two when fighting the nekkers . A warrior snuck in on my backside and hit once so naturally i tried getting away and run right in 2 traps....reload . Fun times !

Yeah, it annoyed me in my first run. Incidentally, that was the playthrough where I started using Quen only at the end of chapter 2. Ignorance is bliss.

Tommy said:
I try to use quen sparingly . Except when running through Flotsam forest and all those traps that can`t be seen . A couple of those traps done me in a time or two when fighting the nekkers . A warrior snuck in on my backside and hit once so naturally i tried getting away and run right in 2 traps....reload . Fun times !

I use Quen to protect me while I Axii opponents when I'm playing in arena mode. I tried like hell to not use Quen at all but it's not really possible.

I tend to use all 3. The "cheap" way of upgrading is to upgrade your Quen, upgrade your alchemy so that potions last longer and are more powerful, and then spend everything else on swordsmanship. This is what I do for arena mode.

I tried to use the promoted version of yrden and axii but I somehow never managed to get much out of them. Charming something with axii takes so long that it's nearly useless to be able to charm multiple units. IMO, both yrden and axii should take less time to cast in future games.

After try swordmanship and magic...

I put a 3 talents on swordmanship (raise roll and attack), 5 on magic (to raise axia and energy) and the rest on alchemy.
I think that this gives you the best play through.

Put all in swordmanship if you want the easy play through.

This is for normal and hard mode, I still have to try dark mode.

I use the aard often especially if the enemy is standing some where high like a ledge or something like that. I like to give them flying lessons some of them are just poor students who does not get that right away so you have to show them again how it's done :D

Top Bottom