[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Death132;n7744820 said:
I am purely referring to Geralt and the effect the shadow has on his colors and textures. The environment looks fine. In 2.2 and Vanilla CSL Geralts appearance remains consistent in both the light or in the shadows. In 3.1 while in shadows, his hair becomes whiter, HW beard becomes dark grey, skin is more tanned, and his armor looks a bit washed out. In 2.2 and Vanilla CSL he looks like he's in a shadowed environment. In 3.1 it almost looks like he's copied from a completely different scene and pasted in front of a separate background.

Again I'm only referring to the way shadowed areas effect Geralt.

About hair you are right. It seems it is not lit by sarrounding time by time. But only his hair.

In 2.2 the way shadows worked was totally different than 3.1. It looked like ambient color effected shadows more. What I want to say for example the color of shadow effected by nearby object. But in 3.1 it works different. Not bad but just different. Now shadows are almost always blue. But it is how it was in E3 gameplay.

About Vanilla. Man, i cant even see the difference when Geralt in shadowed area or under light. Because of fake projector effect Geralt always looked out of place.

Essenthy said.

probably gonna have to re do all of the sky variable to properly fix the clouds in velen, if only it didnt share weather with novigrad

it seems to be a red engine limitation/dowgrade, new weather table cant be loaded seamlessly, it has to be a new zone with its own table

a question

it is better to use (with STLM 3.1) Wild Hunt Re-Engaged and/or Realistic Weather?
or only stlm?

Denroth;n7781050 said:
a question

it is better to use (with STLM 3.1) Wild Hunt Re-Engaged and/or Realistic Weather?
or only stlm?

Wild Hunt Re-Engaged is just a reshade add that alters colors and adds some effects, think of it like a photo filter in Photoshop or Instagram but for a game instead.

Realistic Weather alters the weather cycle in the game. I am not sure if that mod has been tuned with STLM 3 in mind however. Pollens though, a different weather mod that also includes the mod "Weather Enhanced" is compatible with STLM 3.

tennisaddict1999;n7758900 said:
I fixed the weather table in velen? If means loading new clouds and such??

Is this anything you plan to share with us? :)

Last edited:
Mezziaz;n7781320 said:
Wild Hunt Re-Engaged is just a reshade add that alters colors and adds some effects, think of it like a photo filter in Photoshop or Instagram but for a game instead

HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH THING?
It is not "just a reshade" It was almost MOD of the month in october

HERESY

Valas991;n7784750 said:
HOW DARE YOU SAY SUCH THING?
It is not "just a reshade" It was almost MOD of the month in october

HERESY

A Reshade preset, based off someone else's actual mod....lol, why is the Nexus community so obsessed with that glorified Instagram filter?

Quantifiable;n7714400 said:
Nobody wants your rubbish reshade preset. "Real E3"? Wow so you infiltrated CDPR's offices and stole the E3 files/build? How about an honest title instead?

This thread is for discussing essenthy's mod, not for advertising your own posts on nexus.

STLM is made to be used as is without Reshade, any color/contrast changes are incompatible/not meant to be used with it.

Wow.

It's one thing to explain that this isn't the appropriate thread with which to share presets for Reshade, it's another entirely to trash something he was sharing with the community. Everybody starts somewhere.

Reactions like that are toxic to the community, as they serve no purpose outside discouraging people from continuing to improve their skill sets.

And for all the hate on ReShade, why? I guarantee the majority of those people who dis on Reshade have made extensive use of ENB back in Skyrim's heyday. The only difference is ENB comes with shaders out of the box an a per game basis, whereas ReShade took those principals and applied a community work ethic to it, affording people the ability to create their own shaders and made those types of tools available to a much wider variety of games. Yeah, ReShade isn't a magic wand, but the various shaders, combined with someone who knows what they're doing can have a significant impact. Anyone comparing it to instagram filters has no clue what they are talking about. Some of the shaders written are downright amazing. Lightroom. MXAO. RBM.

If you don't like something, good for you, but there's absolutely no need to lash out at people for liking it.

Last edited:
JMINTERNELIA;n7902120 said:
And for all the hate on ReShade, why? I guarantee the majority of those people who dis on Reshade have made extensive use of ENB back in Skyrim's heyday. The only difference is ENB comes with shaders out of the box an a per game basis, whereas ReShade took those principals and applied a community work ethic to it, affording people the ability to create their own shaders and made those types of tools available to a much wider variety of games.

In Dark Souls 2, if you had to choose, ENB was x100 better than Reshade. Unlike ENB, Reshade also effects menus/UI/etc. Its DoF can blur out parts of the menu if not used properly. ENB drastically improved Dark Souls 2's visuals by removing the excessive amount of ambient lighting that was added into the final build.

As for Reshade, it takes a lot of flak because many fans of it seem to think that making the game darker (crushing blacks) looks good. Reshade creators also tend to overdo bloom/DoF/sharpening/etc, or add other silly FX for "cinematic" reasons. And for this game, people tend to slap "E3" in their Reshade titles which in almost all cases, is a bit unfitting. That's not even including all the "realistic/natural/immersive" titles that others put in their awful presets. Unfortunately it's all subjective and everything is allowed on the Nexus so there's on quality control and it starts to become spam.

JMINTERNELIA;n7902120 said:
Wow.

It's one thing to explain that this isn't the appropriate thread with which to share presets for Reshade, it's another entirely to trash something he was sharing with the community. Everybody starts somewhere.

Reactions like that are toxic to the community, as they serve no purpose outside discouraging people from continuing to improve their skill sets.

And for all the hate on ReShade, why? I guarantee the majority of those people who dis on Reshade have made extensive use of ENB back in Skyrim's heyday. The only difference is ENB comes with shaders out of the box an a per game basis, whereas ReShade took those principals and applied a community work ethic to it, affording people the ability to create their own shaders and made those types of tools available to a much wider variety of games. Yeah, ReShade isn't a magic wand, but the various shaders, combined with someone who knows what they're doing can have a significant impact. Anyone comparing it to instagram filters has no clue what they are talking about. Some of the shaders written are downright amazing. Lightroom. MXAO. RBM.

If you don't like something, good for you, but there's absolutely no need to lash out at people for liking it.

Simply report comments like that. The moderators are good at taking the appropriate action against vitriolic posts.

I second Ramon242, there are just too many presets that do no significant change, or just Desaturate or over-saturate the game just to slap on a "E3/Cinematic/realistic/blah blah" title.

Also, it doesn't help that when there is a major update to their preset, they make a completely different file page for it, the reason? FOTM.

That doesn't help the number of presets on the W3 nexus (currently 102, just over a third of the mods on the nexus, approximately), most of which don't do any significant change, and the rest make the game overexposed and Desaturated.

And lastly: in response to the "Real E3" """mod""", how does making the game yellow and bloomy make it E3? This isn't meant to insult, I just want to know.

Last edited:
-The_Crasher-;n7907500 said:
I second Ramon242, there are just too many presets that do no significant change, or just Desaturate or over-saturate the game just to slap on a "E3/Cinematic/realistic/blah blah" title.

Also, it doesn't help that when there is a major update to their preset, they make a completely different file page for it, the reason? FOTM.

That doesn't help the number of presets on the W3 nexus (currently 102, just over a third of the mods on the nexus, approximately), most of which don't do any significant change, and the rest make the game overexposed and Desaturated.

And lastly: in response to the "Real E3" """mod""", how does making the game yellow and bloomy make it E3? This isn't meant to insult, I just want to know.

Agreed, I was simply pointing out two things. The first being that regardless of what one thinks of any mod, preset or any other community contribution, berating someone's work is in poor taste and an exercise of poor judgement. The second being that ReShade can be a very useful tool in the right hands. That said, it is true that Nexus is flooded, both in W3 and SSE with presets.

Riven-Twain;n7909140 said:
Hmm? Someone call for a moderator? Ah. . . some posts appear to be straying from the thread's topic a bit, so try to rein it back in again, please, or start a separate re-shade thread.

Duly noted. I've said my peace. Apologies if I ruffled any feathers in my original post.

Last edited:
Played for several hours now with STML 3...pretty Amazing and impressive although i think it gives his best in Velen-Skellige-Kaer Morhen...some part of the maps (outside Novigrad too) still suffering of the green radioactive threes and in some interiors Gerry looks Yellow as a Simpson but of course it's a limit of the game not of the mod. Anyway I know well STLM 3 isn't compatible with any weather mod but never been able to get those clouds again, I only did once with enanched weather mod installed messing around wit setweather command line...shame... :(

Nice crushed blacks...
This is a thread about STLM alone, the author of the mod says not to use Reshade with it, so stop filling the thread with Reshaded screenshots.

Last edited:
Quantifiable;n7934660 said:
Nice crushed blacks...
This is a thread about STLM alone, the author of the mod says not to use Reshade with it, so stop filling the thread with Reshaded screenshots.

Did you even care about what I wrote? I'm trying to reproduce those clouds, there's nothing to do with reshade...it's about STLM so next time think before posting, thnx.

Top Bottom