[Lighting Mods] STLM 3.0

+
Alastre;n7937450 said:
Did you even care about what I wrote? I'm trying to reproduce those clouds, there's nothing to do with reshade...it's about STLM so next time think before posting, thnx.

Immersion breaking but try the clean weather command.

For B&W clouds, u just need to increase probabity value for WT_Clear weather in all weather.csv (by default its 0, so no clear weather and no B&W clouds).

linaswas_001;n7937540 said:
Immersion breaking but try the clean weather command.

XshI0u;n7937730 said:
For B&W clouds, u just need to increase probabity value for WT_Clear weather in all weather.csv (by default its 0, so no clear weather and no B&W clouds).

Thank you both guys, actually i think it was an heavy clouds line command...could you please address me how to modify the probability?

Mezziaz;n7938310 said:
Actually the mod called Pollens is very much compatible with it and it has the "Weather Enhanced" mod included so just use that if you want a more varied weather cycle + Blood and Wine clouds.

thank you mate I'll try it right now. Oh by the way those were MID clouds...that's why I couldn't get them with HEAVY command...

EDIT: Well it seems that I get those MID clouds only with "Weather Enhanced" mod...wiht the POLLEN one even with priority setted on 1 i got strange clouds...so any hint how to increase chance to have B&W clouds as the other user kindly suggest? :)

Last edited:
Just passing by... haven't followed the discussion or anything but in case it can help :

@Septerra_Core
amfibiya89;n7674070 said:
But I remember that those mods dont make caves darker. The torch overexposure problem exist because of darker caves. But those mods only change night darkness and with high value of darkness torches are useless with those mods too.

There was much more to it than just night darkness. I played quite while with other values to change the lights from fires, light on Geralt and such. However, I don't remember what I modified exactly since it's been quite a while.

Anyway, here is the latest version I made if it can be of use for someone : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9lkUKOhgX8uQWNnWlJKbmNEZlE

Due to essenthy's continued absence I have decided to share what could be pretty much called an unofficial patch for STLM 3 (original STLM3 release is still required for the full experience! So make sure to download that or this won't work as intended and please be so kind to endorse the original mod as well)

Changes include the following

- Sunrises and sunsets in Velen are now more similar to vanilla
- Fixed the overexposed Igni sign in Velen
- Moon is back to its vanilla size in many areas
- Fixed where fog would completely overexpose the image (for example the Skellige lighthouse, meaning you can now play with bloom enabled at all times)
- Restored the look/fog of the Von Everec Estate
- Reverted Fyke Isle to previous STLM incarnation (pre 3.0)
- Lessened the overexposure caused by torches when exploring caves
- Fixed bloom issues in cutscenes
- Restored White Orchard winter to vanilla
- Included an edited version of Pollens (which is free for anyone to use), to add more weather variation and to fix the cloud layers and to get the weather cycle in Velen/Novigrad and White Orchard to work correctly (no more spamming the "changeweather(WT_Clear)" command in the debug console. And make sure to endorse this mod too!)

There are three versions included and they are all regarding White Orchard

First version is White Orchard just as Essenthy made it his latest release
Second version contains the look the area had in STLM 2
Third version restores White Orchard to vanilla env

How to apply the patch?

For this you will need the Mod Merger by DJ Kovrik and the original STLM 3 mod as stated earlier

With Mod Merger you then merge STLM 3 with my file but giving priority to the patch, like in the example below.

lower position=higher priority

And hit merge, you will then get a folder called "mod0000_MergedPack", you can rename this to whatever you want (as long as the file name starts with "mod" and place it in your mods folder. That's it!

Hopefully with this you should all be able to enjoy Essenthy's tremendous work in a more polished state and should also give the man more time to relax and take his time with a potential update in the future.

You can find the patch here

And since it was requested I also made a "lighter" version of this patch.

- Original STLM 3 Velen restored and all custom weathers not in the original mod have been turned off for Velen/Novigrad

Click here to download that version instead.

Last edited:
Septerra_Core;n7951860 said:
Wow u're alive !! Consider updating the mod's page, maybe people there are still interested into the latest ver :D Hope everything is fine in ur life !

Still kicking ;)
I will need some time but yeah, I'll update my mods to latest game version.
Someone made an updated version of DN already, and allowed me to post it on the download page so I will do so today. It's only for non GOTY version though. I'll do the GOTY version later on.

Thanks for the share Mezziaz . All this mod needed was just a little polish!
Does this also fix some of the strange cloud layers STLM 3 introduces?

Thanks so much for this, Mezziaz, this is a much needed patch! I hope if you update this at any point, you'll be able to restore the moon size everywhere (if there is still a giant moon in places) as well as fix those terrible looking clouds. But this here is definitely a huge improvement already.

No Title

Mezziaz Is it fine that it says the merge for STLM corrupts? It should be okay when your unofficial patch has priority right?

Attachments

• photo116720.jpg
    photo116720.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 73
LukeSparow;n7954820 said:
Mezziaz Is it fine that it says the merge for STLM corrupts? It should be okay when your unofficial patch has priority right?

Yeah, ignore that the original mod got "corrupted".

The merged file should still work

I'm going to mention it here because I think it is relevant. At the very top of my wish list is a lighting mod for the base game that keeps the original vanilla feel, but adds the "quality" of lighting (which STLM attempts to deliver) as seen in Toussaint. The much higher quality bloom, the motion blur, ambient light, the interior haze, etc.
I'm feeling a little cheated by CDPR that they didn't implement their new tricks in the base game as well but I guess we can still hope to get that "Enhanced Edition" hey!

LukeSparow;n7954820 said:
Is it fine that it says the merge for STLM corrupts?
Open modTurbolighting\content and delete buffers0.bundle file. It contains some sword meshes from dlc10 and I still wonder why the hell that bundle was added to this mod :) Files from there are not listed in metadata.store so Merger can't handle them.

LukeSparow;n7954680 said:
Does this also fix some of the strange cloud layers STLM 3 introduces?

LukeSparow;n7954680 said:
fix those terrible looking cloud

The clouds should behave more correctly with this yes. The "terrible" clouds are there in vanilla as well, but usually hidden by another (and more higher quality) cloud layer, and this layer often does not load as it should in the original mod but they should load in correctly with the patch.

DJ_Kovrik;n7955130 said:
Open modTurbolighting\content and delete buffers0.bundle file. It contains some sword meshes from dlc10 and I still wonder why the hell that bundle was added to this mod :) Files from there are not listed in metadata.store so Merger can't handle them.

Thanks for the help! Merged without any errors, so it should be fine now (though I think it was before too).

Mezziaz
So far the fix seems to be working well! Just to make sure though, fire's should now look more like they did in vanilla right? Back to more of an orangy colour instead of the bright yellow STLM introduced?

Mezziaz you're a hero! You restored my faith in stlm xd I have a question, is it possible to bring back the default vanilla Dof? I don't like very much the strong dof in stlm. For example, in the swaps the dof looks awful imho, I turned it off. Anyway, thank you very much.

Last edited:
Evgdan95;n7956770 said:
Mezziaz you're a hero! You restored my faith in stlm xd I have a question, is it possible to bring back the default vanilla Dof? I don't like very much the strong dof in stlm. For example, in the swaps the dof looks awful imho, I turned it off. Anyway, thank you very much.

Just use KNG's dof mod
http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1558/?

In STLM, dof was made stronger to compensate the less fog. Cause the lesser fog makes you seem the crap lod

Top Bottom