List of announced improvements of patch 2.0 and Phantom Liberty

+
Will the vanilla open world react to PL's decisions? Like how the news clips with Ziggy react the highway chase? Or shooting down the AV with Panam? I guess I just don't want rhetorical expansion to just feel like a side story at tne end of the day.
It may be that growl is a Dogtown station and only there will more news be available. It is a separate area from the rest of night city. And V's mission seems very secretive anyway. Ideally I can imagine some disinformation on some major events of PL on the vanilla media (Av crash, some other major event that is noticed in NC) but other, more hidden events (within dog town which is hidden enough) could be part of a Dogtown only media.
That major that runs DT, how deep is his TV network? Is it only him talking to the plebs or are there other shows?

Will the vanilla open world react to PL's decisions? Like how the news clips with Ziggy react the highway chase? Or shooting down the AV with Panam? I guess I just don't want rhetorical expansion to just feel like a side story at tne end of the day.
They told Gamespot that the reaction from basegame characters to your actions in PL will be like how yen, ciri and triss reacted to the mark on geralt's face from HoS. CDPR's previous expansions rippled through the main game in quite amazing ways, for example if you decide to play the expansions before finding ciri, you can ask O'dimm in HoS to show you where she is as a reward in the evil ending. Or in B&W geralt can talk about finding ciri, with Regis in the cemetery. Another really nice thing, in TW3 HoS there was this countess mignole. She and vesimir were lovers once. If geralt meets the countess before battle with the wild hunt in the basegame, then he can talk about mignole with vesemir, and vesimir says he's going to see the countess very soon. However if you meet mignole after the battle, you can tell her what happened to vesimir.

2 videos showing new details of Phantom Liberty

And one gameplay very cool!!!

So I noticed that in the inventory it doesn’t look like weapons have levels anymore.

will this carry over to enemies now?

So I noticed that in the inventory it doesn’t look like weapons have levels anymore.

will this carry over to enemies now?
I think weapons will have level as they currently have ;)
Currently, the level is not displayed either. The only way to "know" the level of a weapon, it's to either when it reach your own level in the crafting tab or when it's above your level (it display at which level you will be able to use it).
09-07-2023_10-41-12-cxn2pfzf.jpg

Is Dogtown paying electricity bills or does it have its own power plant?
Could be a agreement with the city. Hansen plays boogeyman for city politicians so they leave him alone while feigning opposition. Surely they're getting a cut, or enjoy the increased business, from his arms deals.
Post automatically merged:

The heartbeats in Downtown

I really hoped more people use umbrellas or react to weather. Doesn't look like it here sadly.

Could be a agreement with the city. Hansen plays boogeyman for city politicians so they leave him alone while feigning opposition. Surely they're getting a cut, or enjoy the increased business, from his arms deals.
Post automatically merged:

I really hoped more people use umbrellas or react to weather. Doesn't look like it here sadly.

They have the lightsaber umbrellas, but that's not the point of the video...

Does anyone else kind of feel like CDPR is trying to add an endgame?

Like they want people to play in this world until the next game drops

Like they want people to play in this world until the next game drops
I'm not watching any of the videos to remain spoilerfree for the most part. I only read some of the changelog to get an idea of changes to the base game.
If they are indeed trying for longevity, I cant see that being a bad thing.
From the little I have seen or heard it does sound like one can stick for good new amount of hours in the game, which is fine by me.

I wonder why you think CDPR will add end-game?
I could be wrong, but as far as I know, Phantom Liberty will take place in the middle of the main quest (around VDBs quest line) and may add an alternative ending. So even if there is a new ending, chances are that after completing the new ending, you will spawn back before the point of no return, like all the other endings. And well, I don't think the next free update will add any kind of major content (even less end-game) along all the improvements.
Ok, there will be radiant quests, but not sure anyone will play these quests indefinitely while waiting the next Cyberpunk game :D

Last edited:
If you count the radiant quests? Then yes, they are.
Which I love. I played CP77 and then bought a Series just to play the best version

I really want to spend a long time in the world, I enjoy the lore, characters and universe

I just hope they truly make end game content

They have the lightsaber umbrellas, but that's not the point of the video...
Easy there. I'm not taking a dump on 2077 nor did I think the point of the video was to display whether or not they improved NPC behaviors - it's an ambient track. Personally I don't like the glow effect on umbrellas so that really doesn't matter to me. I was merely voicing disappointment because non of the NPCs in the video have umbrellas and they don't behave like they're walking in the rain.

They're apparently sticking with that awful solid white texture for the rain, too. Sad.

Yea i never really got the whole endgame thing, its fine for some games but a single player rpg? Live games is pretty much built on it but it feels kinda missplaced in cp2077 tbh. After i have done everything i generally just start a new character or stop playing for awhile. Radiant quests is not going too change that. More proper story quests might, but thats not happening.,.

Guest 3847602

The only type of radiant quests they were talking about is stealing cars.
I highly doubt that idea behind this is to make people play CP2077 everyday for the next 5-6 years by presenting them with thrilling activity of stealing randomly generated car or a bike.
To me, it seem more like an easy fix for game's economy, a more fun way to make money than selling loot or searching internet for exploits...

The only type of radiant quests they were talking about is stealing cars.
I highly doubt that idea behind this is to make people play CP2077 everyday for the next 5-6 years by presenting them with thrilling activity of stealing randomly generated car or a bike.
To me, it seem more like an easy fix for game's economy, a more fun way to make money than selling loot or searching internet for exploits...
I think they also said airdrop activities are also unlimited but yeah I don't think they added these things just so that people play the game for the next 10 years (or whenever the next game comes out). They said the main reason they decided to add these unlimited courier activities is so that the players can have every car in the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom