Locations and areas you miss a side quest or a connection to a main quest (Spoiler)

+
Locations and areas you miss a side quest or a connection to a main quest (Spoiler)

On my playthroughs I found a lot of places which are too sophisticated and complex for their involvement in the game. I'm sure on some places contents are canceled there.
Perhaps we can assemble a list (and in some cases somebody has found a notice or something like that the others missed)

So I start now... :detective:

Skellig islands

1.) In Skellig it exists on a small island in the southwest a pyre with a dead bear on it (perhaps a berserk). In the near there is a ship with some special corpses. One for example is bound to the seering wheel. But no notice or something like that.

2.) In Skellig on a small island in the north a guy is hanged on his feet. On the floor stand some bowls to collect his blood. But no story...

3.) The ruin and the following dungeon in the east of Fornhala like is writen in another thread http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...-this-Nekker-human-cave?p=1959784#post1959784
I think you all know the cave in Skellige next to the lake (a basilisc and cockatrix are living there, also a raging troll) where you can find some secret documents about the mage who had to change a fathers son back into a human, because his father was sure he had become a Nekker? I explored the whole cave, slaughtered some Nekker, got some loot and had a lot of fun. But I didnt find any solution if there really was a curse that turns humans into Nekkers. I also remember no part in the books mentioning something like that. Did I miss something? Or is the whole dungeon questrelated and I shouldnt have found it?

Velen

1.) The village of Frischlow in the south of the map. There are so much points of interest but no storyline.

2.) A stone circle in the west of Frischlow. The stones of the circle arround the old tree show the faces of humans and dwarfs. It's the same stone circle you see in the prologue the priest tod about the spring of all evil.

and some places more from an older threat...

Just a catalog of locations that are at least partly in the game that lack any related quests, monsters, vendors, or loot but may be expanded upon and seen more of in future Expansions. List any more you encounter!

-House of Respite at the Nilfgaardian Camp appears to be a Tavern or Brothel for Nilfgaardian Officers

-Devil's Pit has a gated off cavern you cannot enter.

-Martin Feuille's Farmstead in northeast Gustfields seems unrelated to any quests or vendors

-Sarrasin Grange in North Gustfields also appears to not be tied to anything.

-The Temple of the Eternal Fire in Novigrad seems to contain a lot of locked doors to the temple proper

Attachments

• Stone circle Velen.jpg
    Stone circle Velen.jpg
    310.8 KB · Views: 993
Last edited:
Great Thread! If you visit the village near the old oak in velen after or before the sabbath, you can see lots of big Foglets with twisted horns and spikes on ther back there. (They are lvl 30 I think)

Last edited:
All those villages around Novigrad and Oxenfurt. Also, the fighting pit in the sewers of Novigrad is useless too

I have to agree about Frischlow. Something interesting happened there and I'd love to know more about it.

-Martin Feuille's Farmstead in northeast Gustfields seems unrelated to any quests or vendors

-Sarrasin Grange in North Gustfields also appears to not be tied to anything.

I may be wrong but I think Hearts of Stone added some bandit camps in these spots filled with Flaming Rose deserters. These new bandit camps are kind of tied together by a story you read in notes found at the camps.

I have to agree about Frischlow. Something interesting happened there and I'd love to know more about it.

I may be wrong but I think Hearts of Stone added some bandit camps in these spots filled with Flaming Rose deserters. These new bandit camps are kind of tied together by a story you read in notes found at the camps.

I agree with you about the bandit camps. But in the near of Martin Feuille's Farmstead there doesn't exist one of them. And there's no connection with any notes. I think this place would be perfect for the marriage for example.

One of the best threads Ive seen here, and no one seem interested or can shed some light. There are so many places like this in this amazing world, but I dont remember many well enough to describe them. The forest hut is a cool looking tragic place. I have not found any text there. Who died first? The father was killed I think because he has a bag over his head. Suicider would not have done that. Then the mother poisoned herself and her child in grief, but who killed the hanging man and why? Ive forgotten to test to enter the nilfgaardian officer fort with nilfguaard armor on. is it something that makes any difference?That bear funeral/ritual on a skellige island looks to have something to do with the berserker cult. Whats the name of that deity they worshiped? Svalrog?
the devils pit just got to be included in some quest/story. To be able to enter the underground and explore the gates to hell.
Have you discovered any story about the cannibal infested lands in skellige. Gruesome scenes everywhere. I havnt found any storyquest for that whole landmass to the south in velen. Byways contract, but dont remember any more. The stone circle looks so intriguing, but i cant find any traces of activity or evil worshiping. I could be wrong but the massgraves in Frischlow has something to do with the plauge. Just something I think I have read down there.

---------- Updated at 04:49 PM ----------

All those villages around Novigrad and Oxenfurt. Also, the fighting pit in the sewers of Novigrad is useless too

You get to fight in the sewer arean in the get junior quest.

Last edited:
Interesting thread.

1. Dead bear is almost certainly is a fallen member of wearbears cult. It's the most simple and intuitive thought.

2. Dead werewolf surrounded by bandits' bodies lie nearby so it looks like a quest that didn't make to the final edition of the game but the devs decided to leave it as a reward for attentive player. Hanged man looks like "9 gates" picture for me.

3. The village of Frischlow in the south of the map - near Byways you can find an elven graveside. One of the ghosts there is non-aggresive. If you follow the ghost he will lead you first to the big tree with strange stones, than to the Frischlow village. Other ghost will attack you on sight. Strongly reminds about the legend that ghosts lead to the place where their body is buried. In a shallow grave, naturally.

4. Oxenfurt University partly features in DLC.

5. The forest hut - I always thought that the family was starving, woman and child died because of starvation and desease, husband hanged himself. But the other way round looks convincing, too.

Some more:

6. Strange looking graves in different parts of south Velen, one directly overlooking Fyke Isle. Was waiting for a quest with these graves all game long. Nothing, just a decoration?

7. Golem guarding a treasure near Nilfgaardian camp. You can see stones with Swallow, Kelpie, Keiran and Hound there. Tried lighting the candles in different order - nothing. Looks like a puzzle or part of Cirilla's quest - but nothing?

8. Small thing - near the Cathedral of Eternal Fire, closer to the Plase of Power on the very edge on the ground lies a pair of boots. Looks totally like somebody took them off and jumped down (commited suicide). No note, sadly.

9. On Skellige Isles in some caves I can't remember which exactly you can find nonactive portals. Is it just a decoration? In the cave near the arena where Jutta can be found. If I remeber correctly. The cave lists as a nest of monsters but no monsters inside. And some other cave, but I don't remember which one.

And 1 more question. Ard Skellig, Kaer Gelen, abandoned ruines of castle inhabited by ghosts and 1 vampire. Road to the summit of the mountain leads to the Sun clock. On a body we can find a poem. Question - is the place described in a poem the Justianna cave? I never had any quest in that cave.

Last but not the least. No wearnekkers, that nekker warrior killed that guy and took his shirt :)

If you go back to the village (forgot the name) you brought the little girl to. (In the quest "Where Cat and wolf play" much later the girl will await you at the little bridge at the entrance, and she got a nice present for you.

PS: I remember no such cave.

Interesting thread.

1. Dead bear is almost certainly is a fallen member of wearbears cult. It's the most simple and intuitive thought.

2. Dead werewolf surrounded by bandits' bodies lie nearby so it looks like a quest that didn't make to the final edition of the game but the devs decided to leave it as a reward for attentive player. Hanged man looks like "9 gates" picture for me.

3. The village of Frischlow in the south of the map - near Byways you can find an elven graveside. One of the ghosts there is non-aggresive. If you follow the ghost he will lead you first to the big tree with strange stones, than to the Frischlow village. Other ghost will attack you on sight. Strongly reminds about the legend that ghosts lead to the place where their body is buried. In a shallow grave, naturally.

4. Oxenfurt University partly features in DLC.

5. The forest hut - I always thought that the family was starving, woman and child died because of starvation and desease, husband hanged himself. But the other way round looks convincing, too.

Some more:

6. Strange looking graves in different parts of south Velen, one directly overlooking Fyke Isle. Was waiting for a quest with these graves all game long. Nothing, just a decoration?

7. Golem guarding a treasure near Nilfgaardian camp. You can see stones with Swallow, Kelpie, Keiran and Hound there. Tried lighting the candles in different order - nothing. Looks like a puzzle or part of Cirilla's quest - but nothing?

8. Small thing - near the Cathedral of Eternal Fire, closer to the Plase of Power on the very edge on the ground lies a pair of boots. Looks totally like somebody took them off and jumped down (commited suicide). No note, sadly.

9. On Skellige Isles in some caves I can't remember which exactly you can find nonactive portals. Is it just a decoration? In the cave near the arena where Jutta can be found. If I remeber correctly. The cave lists as a nest of monsters but no monsters inside. And some other cave, but I don't remember which one.

And 1 more question. Ard Skellig, Kaer Gelen, abandoned ruines of castle inhabited by ghosts and 1 vampire. Road to the summit of the mountain leads to the Sun clock. On a body we can find a poem. Question - is the place described in a poem the Justianna cave? I never had any quest in that cave.

Last but not the least. No wearnekkers, that nekker warrior killed that guy and took his shirt :)

LoL! I always thought that the nonviolentghost was just bugging out. HA! One time I even ran after it a little bit in hopes of killing it, but gave up. Does the ghost do anything by the stone circle or the fallen village?
About boots without a owner. I dont understand why you dont need boots in the afterlife. It gave me a peculiar laugh anyway when I found it.
I think the portals are just old and without use anymore. You remember correctly about the monsterless cave on some skellige isle. I wonder if anyone have encountered any beasts there. Its perfect for a monster home.
About the poem: Just follow the directions. Stand by the cliffs edge, in the crack. 12:00 in sunny weather your heads shadow should fall on a forest. There is a semiburied chest there. If you go to the forest you can see the cliffcrack clearly from below. Fuark its hard to explain in this language. Do you understand where, or should I try better?
That castle ruin with the katakan and all the deadbodies is a really cool location, especially at night. The golem you mentioned was also under my investigation for quite some time.But nothing. There are so many places like that. Fun and frustrating at the same time.

LoL! I always thought that the nonviolentghost was just bugging out. HA! One time I even ran after it a little bit in hopes of killing it, but gave up. Does the ghost do anything by the stone circle or the fallen village?
About boots without a owner. I dont understand why you dont need boots in the afterlife. It gave me a peculiar laugh anyway when I found it.
I think the portals are just old and without use anymore. You remember correctly about the monsterless cave on some skellige isle. I wonder if anyone have encountered any beasts there. Its perfect for a monster home.
About the poem: Just follow the directions. Stand by the cliffs edge, in the crack. 12:00 in sunny weather your heads shadow should fall on a forest. There is a semiburied chest there. If you go to the forest you can see the cliffcrack clearly from below. Fuark its hard to explain in this language. Do you understand where, or should I try better?
That castle ruin with the katakan and all the deadbodies is a really cool location, especially at night. The golem you mentioned was also under my investigation for quite some time.But nothing. There are so many places like that. Fun and frustrating at the same time.

Thanks for your answers. What's your language? Maybe I speak :)
This ghost just leads you in ambush, to the abandoned village - nothing more, I tried to make him do smth else.
About Kaer Gelen treasure hunt- if you can make a screenshot and circle the place where this chest can be found, I would appreciate it. I tried to find it but I lost this place when I climbed down.

Looks like all these little things are indeed little without any special meaning to it.

Thanks for your answers. What's your language? Maybe I speak :)
This ghost just leads you in ambush, to the abandoned village - nothing more, I tried to make him do smth else.
About Kaer Gelen treasure hunt- if you can make a screenshot and circle the place where this chest can be found, I would appreciate it. I tried to find it but I lost this place when I climbed down.

Looks like all these little things are indeed little without any special meaning to it.

Im trying to stay clear from the game for the moment. Must get my life in the real world some attention. But I found this link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7XFQQTj8jI
That should do the trick.
Im from Sweden by the way. You?

Thanks for your comment "interesting thread" and sorry for the late answer! I think you are right about the poem but it doesn't exist any quest in Justianna cave.

Last edited:

Unhit

Forum regular
Nice thread :) don't really have anything to add at this point - except maybe that it's really cool that there are all these mysteries. Show how awesome this game is that we can discuss so many details :D Also, maybe it's good that some things remain mysterious - and possibly they were left mysterious intentionally. Still, I would definitely like to know more about many of the places mentioned here :D

Still, I would definitely like to know more about many of the places mentioned here :D

Then ask away! ::) I love to speculate about mysteries! And who knows? Perhaps we all get some new informations we missed before... :cat:

Last edited:
Top Bottom