"Make Gameworld back to Life after Ending" Mod Possible ?

+
"Make Gameworld back to Life after Ending" Mod Possible ?

Hi There !
First, i apologize if there are some spelling or grammary mistakes, I try to do the best i can, but it's not my primary language. Please correct me if you find some big mistakes :)

After proposing my idea on the "Immersive Destroyer" Thread i thought it would fit better in the modding section since it can be really easy to implement since it's just script modification, and is not about completely overhauling the post-endgame world like the "Immersive Destoyer" is.

A lot, lot of people blamed endgame for 2 main reasons :
1) The fact that endgame is not in a real "post-endgame" state but in a "pre-endgame" one that completely lack consequences of the choices you did make during the playthrough, which is covered in the thread named above.
2) The completely lifeless gameworld, deserted by all it's characters, which i think, is the most problematic and in fact, the most easy-to-resolve one and which will be the main purpose of this thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the summary of what the mod could consist on, mixing logical stuff AND fancy stuff (like characters that should be gone and not there anymore), focusing on a favorable atmosphere for those like me who love to roleplay a lot.
There could be dozens of alternative of this mod as well, so everybody could put whoever they want or dont to completely suits all roleplayer needs.

Places :
- Put the endgame state BEFORE the final sets of mission starting with the quest "The Isle of Mysts", instead of the last story mission "Something Ends, Something Begins" to prevent Kaer Morhen as well as other places from being nothing but useless & abandonned piece of debris, while keeping every levels & stuff you acquired until the end of course.
- Open Main Quests related Locked Doors like Houses in Crookback Bog which are locked once you complete the final Baron's mission, or Kaer Trolde Ceiling etc... I'm sure there are plenty of others locked places related to main quest.

Characters :
- Put Vesemir, Lambert and Eskel back in Kaer Morhen, doing their stuff, training on dummies, nothing special
- Add Letho somewhere in Kaer Morhen too, meditating at Campfire or something (If not Dead)
- Put Yennefer back in Kaer Morhen if you romanced her, otherwise put her back in Kaer Trolde's Inn
- Put Triss back in Kaer Morhen if you romanced her, otherwise put her back in her room at the Chameleon (or Maybe restore her Novigrad's house and put her back in ?)
- Put Hjalmar & Crach an Craite back in their rooms, in Kaer Trolde
- Add Philippa, Fringilla & Margarita in a house in Oxenfurt or Novigrad or in the luxury room at the Chameleon
- Add Avallac'h somewhere, I dont know where exactly for this one.
- Add Ciri in Kaer Morhen, doing witcher Stuff maybe like training, meditating, nothing exceptional (which could greatly fit the ending where Ciri becomes a Witcher) ?
- Put Djikstra back in the Thermal Baths
- Put Keira Maetz back in her Velen's House or somewhere in Oxenfurt/Novigrad ? Or Maybe in Kaer Morhen with Lambert ? (If not Dead)
- Put Ves back in the Temerian Camp, since Roche is already there, why did ves disappear from it ?
- Put the Bloody Baron back in his Quarters with his wife maybe (If not dead) ?

Miscellaneous :
- Put the Orphans of Crookback Bog back, so the place is not completely lifeless, or put them with the other orphans in the house north of Velen
- Add some more folks in Kaer Trolde Main Hall, so the musicians are not completely depressed playing for... nobody

Here are the main ideas so far, I'll keep editing, modifying and adding new stuff if i find some.

If the purpose of this mod looks cool to you as well, please come on discuss & add your own ideas around the campfire :)!! And, most important, If you know how it would be possible to create it, you're greatly welcome too.
*light a campfire*

Thank you.

PS : If anyone knows how to add italics or bold type in this forum ?

Last edited:
Now that I think of it, they should just put the characters back to like before confronting Eredin since that's the timeframe they picked to put Geralt back in the game and make it the new game state for any new contents to fit in. Making a mod that fast forward the world states to after the epilogue put it in totally different starting timeline and might contradict future official expansions. All character are available in that timeframe, the only annoying thing is the outcome with Reason of State.

As time goes by you'll not care anymore about all that and accept the game being a sandbox after you complete the main story. If beyond epilogue is preserved for future The Witcher 4 or any continuation, then let it stay as it is and continue playing it as a sandbox game with short events everywhere.

I prefer more expansions with completely new long stories, all new characters and monsters, be it official or by modders, the timeframe they picked was actually not bad, but the missing characters is...yes...making the game world seems dead.

Last edited:
Hi There !
First, i apologize if there are some spelling or grammary mistakes, I try to do the best i can, but it's not my primary language. Please correct me if you find some big mistakes :)

After proposing my idea on the "Immersive Destroyer" Thread i thought it would fit better in the modding section since it can be really easy to implement since it's just script modification, and is not about completely overhauling the post-endgame world like the "Immersive Destoyer" is.

A lot, lot of people blamed endgame for 2 main reasons :
1) The fact that endgame is not in a real "post-endgame" state but in a "pre-endgame" one that completely lack consequences of the choices you did make during the playthrough, which is covered in the thread named above.
2) The completely lifeless gameworld, deserted by all it's characters, which i think, is the most problematic and in fact, the most easy-to-resolve one and which will be the main purpose of this thread

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are the summary of what the mod could consist on, mixing logical stuff AND fancy stuff (like characters that should be gone and not there anymore), focusing on a favorable atmosphere for those like me who love to roleplay a lot.
There could be dozens of alternative of this mod as well, so everybody could put whoever they want or dont to completely suits all roleplayer needs.

Places :
- Put the endgame state BEFORE the final sets of mission starting with the quest "The Isle of Mysts", instead of the last story mission "Something Ends, Something Begins" to prevent Kaer Morhen as well as other places from being nothing but useless & abandonned piece of debris, while keeping every levels & stuff you acquired until the end of course.
- Open Main Quests related Locked Doors like Houses in Crookback Bog which are locked once you complete the final Baron's mission, or Kaer Trolde Ceiling etc... I'm sure there are plenty of others locked places related to main quest.

Characters :
- Put Vesemir, Lambert and Eskel back in Kaer Morhen, doing their stuff, training on dummies, nothing special
- Add Letho somewhere in Kaer Morhen too, meditating at Campfire or something (If not Dead)
- Put Yennefer back in Kaer Morhen if you romanced her, otherwise put her back in Kaer Trolde's Inn
- Put Triss back in Kaer Morhen if you romanced her, otherwise put her back in her room at the Chameleon (or Maybe restore her Novigrad's house and put her back in ?)
- Put Hjalmar & Crach an Craite back in their rooms, in Kaer Trolde
- Add Philippa, Fringilla & Margarita in a house in Oxenfurt or Novigrad or in the luxury room at the Chameleon
- Add Avallac'h somewhere, I dont know where exactly for this one.
- Add Ciri in Kaer Morhen, doing witcher Stuff maybe like training, meditating, nothing exceptional (which could greatly fit the ending where Ciri becomes a Witcher) ?
- Put Keira Maetz back in her Velen's House or somewhere in Oxenfurt/Novigrad ? Or Maybe in Kaer Morhen with Lambert ? (If not Dead)
- Put Ves back in the Temerian Camp, since Roche is already there, why did ves disappear from it ?
- Put the Bloody Baron back in his Quarters with his wife maybe (If not dead) ?

Miscellaneous :
- Put the Orphans of Crookback Bog back, so the place is not completely lifeless
- Add some more folks in Kaer Trolde Main Hall, so the musicians are not completely depressed playing for... nobody

Here are the main ideas so far, I'll keep editing, modifying and adding new stuff if i find some.

If the purpose of this mod looks cool to you as well, please come on discuss & add your own ideas around the campfire :)!! And, most important, If you know how it would be possible to create it, you're greatly welcome too.
*light a campfire*

Thank you.

PS : If anyone knows how to add italics or bold type in this forum ?

I fully support this idea, but I don't believe it should have to come in mod form. I was blown away by the fact that with such meticulous attention to detail and making the game so immersive and wonderful that after I beat it everything is, as you said, dead and lifeless. It's just a normal human psychological reaction to feel unfulfilled when those characters they had such strong interaction with vanish from existence. Having the character even just standing around makes all the difference and it seems it would be so easy to implement. Just visiting Kaer Morhen and having Yen/Triss (whoever you romanced) standing around doing absolutely nothing keeps the game feeling like the consequences of your choices were permanent in this instance. I really fail to see the dev's reasoning behind this awful choice, but it would be so easy to remedy.

In my opinion the game end in a perfect way for an endgame mod.
The new conjuration of spheres add a lot more monsters to the world, magic is absorbed by new people, part of them are high ranking officials of the eternal fire, suddenly they find themselves pursued by the church they lead. the church find itself in a dilemma due to that. The amount of monsters that entered the world ravage the world, villages and cities are getting attacked, a huge cry for help raise in the land, one that require the help of professional witchers which are a dieing breed now, another option to fight the new threats is the help of magic users.

Last edited:

At some points i see it like it is described here. Dreariness occurs after finishing the game. No one responds to the choices done by Geralt, no feedback from and by the world at all. (If CDPR is not going to change it, im going to modd it myself ;)

On the other hand much things are left open. Its like watching a film where the ending is untold and you can imagine your own ending. in other words:

1) Most of Geralts relationships aren't conclusiv. Not according to the end summary, but in the case from the lack of Dialogue options.
2) Unaltered gameworld after beating the game. Your choices didn't reflect to the envoirment. (Nilfgaard military camp didnt vanish for example)

For a modder such a "game state" is generally welcomed, because it allowes you to tell your own story. I think this is what CDPR had in mind. I modded Skyrim for years and im eager to do so for the witcher. I hope that Redkit2 will soon be published, because spending time in an empty world is simply boring.

Modding Quests witch tell a further story, or let the player decide once more won't be a problem. but dealing with the "endgame world" to make the world reflect ur choices will be much more challenging. New audiofiles from citizens, new disable/enable scripts if not included redkit2 and so on. (Im not used to redkit, maybe it will be smarter than the skyrim tool, i dont know what to expect)

By now I see two major problems:
1) Waiting for redkit after the DLC's are published, wich actually means two more regions doesn't make scene to me. The time in between could have been used to gather a modding comunity wich paints the world while waiting for the DLC's. This chance maybe could have been already missed.
2) The endgame state, as mentioned before... I fear that there will be a lack of missing scrips (disable/enable placeholders like "change nilfgardian soldiers into redanien"), wich in the worst case, will be needed to be written. (expect the new redkit will give an easy handling/solutions to "fake" it).

! Finaly if CDPR is not going to do this ad it and it is modded by someone, this would mean that you will have one mod wich provides this changes and every other mod who wants to build up on this scenario will need this special mod too.... This will be a mess!

To sum it up from my point of view:
1) Charakters: If there is a strong modding comunity a lot of story telling will be implemented. Correct decions made on romances, etc.
2) Envoirment: If the envoirment doesnt reflect the choices the player made and its moddified by modders the chance that mods will conflict will be very high.

@CDPR: If u read this im going to continue in a second post

Last edited:
Thanks for all the comments & ideas :) ! However keep in mind that the purpose of this thread is not to talk about a real expensive endgame with new scenarios, stuff, audio, dialogues and such which would require a lot of work from devs. There's already an "Immersion Destroyer" to put these ideas on.
My idea is focused on script-only stuff, that would just add characters back to the game on adapted locations to preserve the Game Essence, making it relatively easy to do on a DLC or a Mod.

I fully support this idea, but I don't believe it should have to come in mod form. I was blown away by the fact that with such meticulous attention to detail and making the game so immersive and wonderful that after I beat it everything is, as you said, dead and lifeless. It's just a normal human psychological reaction to feel unfulfilled when those characters they had such strong interaction with vanish from existence. Having the character even just standing around makes all the difference and it seems it would be so easy to implement. Just visiting Kaer Morhen and having Yen/Triss (whoever you romanced) standing around doing absolutely nothing keeps the game feeling like the consequences of your choices were permanent in this instance. I really fail to see the dev's reasoning behind this awful choice, but it would be so easy to remedy.

I mainly proposed it as a "mod" request because of the irrealistic & fancy stuff i added such as bringing back some gone characters like Baron (who normally went away with his wife), orphans in the swamp & others, for the cool atmosphere it would give for people who are attached to some of the protagonists & locations, and of course, for a real tribute to the game, as it is... very sadly... the end of Geralt's Story and a great source of melancholia for people like me who are playing this game for almost 10 years now. Having a final "sandbox" (as someone rightfully put it) playground full of characters you enjoyed so much, and for so long for some of them, would give the game & trilogy a final and decent reverence :)

Last edited:
I think it would have been interesting to see the orphans from crookback bog at the orphans house in northern velen.

I think it would have been interesting to see the orphans from crookback bog at the orphans house in northern velen.

Good Idea ! I'll add it as an alternative.
However since there's already 5 orphans in that house, adding another 5, totaling 10 childs in 1 little house would be a little bit hard to do :)

Last edited:
Another thing that i think could be great is to clear the warehouse at the tower and add bead there for triss. i will need to explore Kaer Trolde and see if there is a location that can be changed to a ball room (i fond it interesting to see a palace without one). this one is a bit harder but i think there should be a more travelers at skellige, the road are kind of abandoned. maybe add some adventurers that ventures into elven ruins and such.

Last edited:
Another thing that i think could be great is to clear the warehouse at the tower and add bead there for triss. i will need to explore Kaer Trolde and see if there is a location that can be changed to a ball room (i fond it interesting to see a palace without one). this one is a bit harder but i think there should be a more travelers at skellige, the road are kind of abandoned. maybe add some adventurers that ventures into elven ruins and such.

Heh... I dont think a "Ball Room" would really fit a Viking Place like Kaer Trolde, nor does it fit the Gameworld at all :( . However bringing the Feast scene back, where everybody drink & eat before Bears attack, should be great.

It's a real shame that this idea hasn't been followed, this is a game I would (and will) play and re-play for all my life since I love it.
Why don't we open some kind of crowfunding project to involve some good developer/modder to work on something like this?
We could really put a lot of things inside here, create more side-story quest, change the way the things went with Rosa van Attre (that's a wasted sword talent and has a lot of potential as a side-story on its own since the twins are very likely to be involved in different "favors" to ask to Geralt), create some witcher contract to cooperate with Ciri, Lambert or Eskel (even a big one with all of them).
I know, it s**ks that we don't have a RedKIT like in The Witcher 2, it really really s**ks, that's my only great complain about this game, I hope that they won't do the same error with Cyberpunk, they need to understand the potential of a game when the modding community has a great time being involved with it, take a look at skyrim... it's still so alive just because of that.
I understand that the focus should be on the game itself, but once it's done...show it some more love.
I would've paid for a well done RedKIT, just like I would pay for a mod like this, even the same amount I've paid for the game itself, and I think that there are lot of others like me.
A big thank you to all CD Projekt Red, all devs and modders that helped this game in being so great.

I love this idea too.

Just have more people, characters and monsters running about to make it seem not so lifeless.

Who would be in for a Kickstarter/Crowfunded project?
As pledger and as developer/modder.
I'd be in as pledger for sure.

Top Bottom